When old design/tech revisits present gear

RichMan

On 8/19/2022 at 8:00 PM, keeperton said:

Double T's seemed to really be a thing back in the era when TPS was big (I remember the Bionic having a huge double T pocket).

you can go even further back and look at Louisville when CuJo was with the Oilers.

On 8/19/2022 at 6:08 PM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

What about the eagles is present in today’s gear? Are you saying the sidewall?

Those are also flat faced pads without any laces or at least you can't see them. CCM Vector was similar.

On 8/20/2022 at 11:27 AM, ThatCarGuy said:

Which triple tee though?

image.jpeg.94265db2f67cac9da0e5979b21a0e2a5.jpeg

image.jpeg.4bafccf951bba1c9f229ff353ebe8ba7.jpeg

My brother had both of these gloves. Well, his goalie partner had the Y-tee Velocity and he had a single-T. The Y-tee was such a "why did you do this?" I remember the reason being explained to me as pucks hitting the center webbing would snap the glove closed, but I don't think it really worked in practice.

On 8/19/2022 at 5:40 PM, Chenner29 said:

Carey Price effect IMO.

He started using one so people came around on it

This is bigger than you think, and it has a lot to do with CCM. No/removeable boot, double T, 600 break, one-piece cuffs, elastic toe... A bunch of things that now make many pads look like slight iterations of one another.

Edited by SixThreeStopper
  • Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 4:17 PM, keeperton said:

My brother had both of these gloves. Well, his goalie partner had the Y-tee Velocity and he had a single-T. The Y-tee was such a "why did you do this?" I remember the reason being explained to me as pucks hitting the center webbing would snap the glove closed, but I don't think it really worked in practice.

The thought process was that the less T there was, and the more lacing, the less likely pop-outs would happen.  Besides anecdotally, I don't know if this theory was ever shown to be true in real world usage.

The T on my favorite glove of all time that I still use - Brian's Beast - is an even more deformed version of the Y-T.

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hateclowns said:

The thought process was that the less T there was, and the more lacing, the less likely pop-outs would happen.  Besides anecdotally, I don't know if this theory was ever shown to be true in real world usage.

The T on my favorite glove of all time that I still use - Brian's Beast - is an even more deformed version of the Y-T.

Capture.PNG

I had completely forgotten about this iteration of the Beast, a guy I played against regularly had one.