Protechsport Mask Thread

On 2017-10-05 at 3:04 PM, stackem30 said:

Looks like I'm all set to stop by his shop on Sunday for a fitting!

I'm pretty excited. I've been drooling over Protechsport masks since I was a kid (whether I knew it or not). I wanted to spring for one back in 2011, but my old mask (an Olie) got absolutely demolished, and I couldn't wait for a Protechsport. So I bought a Hackva instead. But I always wanted a Protechsport, and since I started visiting goalie boards like this one and the GSBB, I've become all too aware that a craftsman like Michel won't go on making masks for ever, and that his masks are (relatively) custom to each buyer, based on the shape/sizing. So I feel like this is my chance to make an investment in my own long-term gear happiness.

Stackem how did it go with Michelle - did you pull the trigger on a mask?

Hope you enjoyed Montreal!

• Like 1

So I was told yesterday that my mask is now in trimming stage. If all goes well it will be completed in 3 weeks. When the order was originally placed I was told end of September. So Michel is alittle behind but totally feel the wait is well worth it!

Well, I met Michel this Monday on our way out of Montréal -- what a treat. Aside from being quite excited to commission a mask, I was eager to meet Michel, ask him a few questions about his experience making masks for goalies I admired growing up, hear some stories, and just check out his working space. He was a lovely guy, someone I felt very good about working with. His measurements were all eyeballed -- he just held the shell I chose over my head a few different times, eyed some spacing, and took some notes on the fit. I went with the following setup:

• Mold: Brodeur
  • Materials: Kevlar + Fiberglass
  • Color: Glossy black, with white window under the cage
  • Cage: White cat-eye
  • Holes: Circular
  • Straps: Off-white
  • Back-plate Straps: Visible
  • Inner padding: Black

Low and behold, I was tooling around the old GSBB Protechsport thread after I arrived back in Boston, and saw that someone had the *exact* same mask... I can't remember what the username was, and I don't know if they migrated over here, but hey, I love the free preview! Michel had a lot of orders on his hands (and an enormous stack of molds that people sent him as proof), and he said I might have my mask around January. Being a realist/cynic, I'm expecting to have it by March or so -- but the wait is no problem. I'm just very happy to know that I'll have a Protechsport of my own. That's a big item for me to check off my lifetime goalie wishlist.

image_32299.jpg

image_32300.jpg

image_32298.jpg

14 hours ago, ThrustIssues said:

After being a long time protechsport lurker on here and on the bulletin board I finally joined the club last week! (ordered mid April) Just thought I'd share here. Got the Lalime mold, full kevlar with a chin sling. It was well worth the wait.

Black mask with gold cage is just aweseome. What a simple design, but that look realy great!

EDIT:

It is just like this one:

500ACgm-201011Hiller.0.jpg

27 minutes ago, ULTIMA said:

While I'd like to post what I have, I don't need the jackasses  or "sluts" over at that Facebook group pulling the images for their own amusement.

I really wish these message boards were only open to members.

I agree that the group in question is full of idiots that constantly post pointless bullshit over and over and over but I don't think you'll have a problem here.  We have a good group here.

5 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

While I'd like to post what I have, I don't need the jackasses  or "sluts" over at that Facebook group pulling the images for their own amusement.

I really wish these message boards were only open to members.

You're concerned with content from here being taken on GGSU?

Is that something that's been happening? I didn't do GGSU

I can say this place is supposed to be as open as possible with minimal chirping. We need as much original content from as many users as possible to grow and thrive. There's too many other places posting gear to be dicks about it here 

I have personal experience such that if the forum is open to members only, only few new ones will join :( .  You need to know what the forum and its members are before you sign up and join to the conversation ...

btw. I don´t watch GGSU ;) .

16 hours ago, 1C5 said:

Guys, need some opinions. Here's my set. (I know, very white). Would you go with a black mask to mix it up a bit or go with the white mask and keep it all white? I'm on a couple teams so jersey colour is all over the place. 

All white all the way - keep it pure (you can get white pants made if you want to go all in!)