Protechsport Mask Thread

3 hours ago, TitanG said:

Whoa, looks like a Mage TT with the cheater and short chin! Awesome!

Hey @TitanG I actually wore a Kustom Made Masks Mage previous but the fit was too loose so Protechsport was the way to go. I kinda like that it mirrors the Mage abit.  Been great the first few skates.

12 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Michel sent me some of these KOHO stickers. He is a CLASS ACT!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nice!  That really gives it the classic Lefebvre look.

11 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

Gosh how I miss Koho, it was really nice of him to give you those decals.

My order just went in for another 2 masks. That'll put me up to 6 owned and 12 owned lifetime.

Oh wow that's quite the collection you've got there.  What shells do you own?

12 hours ago, daffy said:

Hey @TitanG I actually wore a Kustom Made Masks Mage previous but the fit was too loose so Protechsport was the way to go. I kinda like that it mirrors the Mage abit.  Been great the first few skates.

Nice! I wonder if Michel would ever do something like a Mage; after all, he does have a 961 clone so he doesn't only make Lefebvre-style masks.

10 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Ok so if this is the Pro Finish, its the same as what my Pro's Choice has.  That's exactly what I wanted to compare.  Thank you so much.  Any more pictures of this shell with the triangle vents?

Hey, these are NOT the pro finish. You can tell by the little indentations that look like holes. And look at the ears, it isn't smooth and flat. The pro finish is much smoother and sexy. Just like a brand new mask is smooth on the exterior, the pro finish is the same, except it is the interior.

The Brodeur one I posted on Page 13 is the pro finish.

I'll be back with more pics. The triangle vent mask is my Theodore that really needs to be refurbed. Gotta get to the rink right now.

8 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Hey, these are NOT the pro finish. You can tell by the little indentations that look like holes. And look at the ears, it isn't smooth and flat. The pro finish is much smoother and sexy. Just like a brand new mask is smooth on the exterior, the pro finish is the same, except it is the interior.

The Brodeur one I posted on Page 13 is the pro finish.

I'll be back with more pics. The triangle vent mask is my Theodore that really needs to be refurbed. Gotta get to the rink right now.

Oh ok, thanks for the clarification!

17 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I think this has been asked before...

He’ll do a full custom or no?

Id love a 961 crown with Theo or TBO, ears and chin 

He told me that he does not do full custom any longer. He says he has 35 different shells and sees no need for full custom any longer. I wanted a Roy made to fit my melon.

This is something that might turn into a "deep dive" at a later date. 

There is a big difference between highest end customization and bespoke out there. Something like Factory Mad or Passau is bespoke. Vaughn or Brian's would be full custom. 

It is very interesting that as great as custom is, you can still sometimes miss a customer or opportunity. Michel is probably at his max capacity without bespoke, can fit probably any head size, and doesn't feel it's in his best interest to worry about full custom. It will add little to no value to Michel's business to add full custom. A guy like Dom only wants the full custom customer. 

The area this most puzzles me is on player skates. The biggest skate companies have 3 fits of player skates now. In theory, they should be able to accommodate 95% of feet between fits, widths, and different sizes. 

However, if I like the technology / design of Model X, but I really fit into model Y, you leave without something you are truly happy with.  I hope the True / VH explosion forces the bigger guys to take custom more seriously. MyBauer for skates would be a welcome addition... 

4 hours ago, 1C5 said:

@ZeroGravitas does the 961 fit as good/comfy as the Theodore? 

Haven't worn my Theodore since I got the 961 because it is need of refurbishing.

Both times (about six years apart in build date) I sent in head molds to get the most accurate fit I could.

If I recall correctly, he only has two 961-style molds, the standard one I have, and the bubble chin. So if your head is too large or too small, he would have to adjust the fit by using less or more foam than he typically would, whereas if you went with a standard shell, he could size you into the most accurate pro's mold he's got and use just enough foam.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Bespoke?

Bespoke literally means for each customer; whereas custom is within  the frame work of what is offered, such as custom measurements and the like. Each Factory pad is made to measure and he does not have a stock pad. You can’t get a custom version of a Factory pad as he makes it for you; every order is a custom order!

The definition is similar between bespoke and custom, except that with custom, certain aspects are customised within stock and is a special order; bespoke is literally made for you. 

I’m on the list to be a member of the ProTechSport Club! (In 14 short weeks)

Full Kevlar, Matte Black Mask and cat eye cage.  Black straps and a chin sling.

How many guys/gals have used the head measurements vs the head mold??? I’m not crazy about doing the mold...

Edited by cwarnar