Sign in to follow this  
1C5

What car do you use to haul your gear to games?

Already stopped in Toledo and saw the Gladiators out front. Well, until we were chased off the hill.

I plan to trade in my JKU in the next two years for a Gladiator too. Should be a good hockey hauler for the family. Nice to air out my kids gear on the way home from the rink too.

Hell, with the roof off - I can air out my kids too.

jg1.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

Can't imagine a hatchback based on the current Impreza

I couldn't either. Until I saw one the other day... They're just as bad as the photo I put.

11 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

I think it's safe to say we're not going to agree on cars.  

Definitely. I wouldn’t buy anything domestic, with the exception of Tesla.

2019 WRX STI.  Coming from 2 mitusishi eclipses, there is tons of room for activities.  I still leave a seat folded down all the time to run the sticks through the trunk to the back seats.  And the trunk opening is a little too small for me to feel comfortable shoving my bag in there for every game, so I put the pads in the trunk and bag in the back seat.  I can confirm you can comfortably get 2 sets of pads and sticks easily in the trunk.  It seems that everyone already knows, but yes super fun car, atrocious on gas mileage and obviously a hatch would be better, but I can't complain.  If I was a smarter man I would've gotten a WRX, but I'm dumb and I wanted it.

Protip: white based pads are fine, but white based car wheels are an awful idea.  I did it for my winter wheels, and they look clean for about 45 seconds whenever I clean them.

I use to drive a 03 Jetta. I had to place my bag in the backseat. The trunk opening was too small. I upgraded last year to a Toyota Highlander. Super easy to pack my hockey gear now. I lay the rear seats flat, grit sumo bag goes in first, then the pads just behind it and my sticks between the rear passenger seats.

IMG-20171206-WA0010.jpg

20190122_071616.jpg