TGN's 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Bracket Challenge

MTH

The Official TGN bracket:

League name is The Goal Net and the password is.........nipple.  J/k, password is TGN2018

https://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/leagues/the-goal-net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some thoughts I had...

The 2018 Playoffs are starting. Discuss.

I live in Philly - the Flyers Pens schedule came out today and I was sad to see how spaced out the games are. Part of the reason fans tune out after their team is gone (Flyers will be round 1) - is that the playoffs go on and on for months.

Baseball - the slowest game on earth - wraps up in a month. I'd be happy if the NHL was done by Memorial Day.

Regardless - few teams are powerhouses. How amazing will it be to see the first year Knights destroy in the playoffs.

Here's the matchups:

WEST:

C1. Nashville vs. WC2 Colorado 

C2. Winnipeg vs. C3 Minnesota

P1. Vegas vs. WC1 LA

P2. Ducks vs. P3. SJ

EAST:

A1. Tampa Bay vs. WC2 NJ

A2. Boston vs. A3. Leafs

M1. Caps vs. WC1 Columbus

M2. Pens vs. M3 Flyers

Mod Edit - Well I am a fucking moron and merged the two playoff threads without looking at the dates of the two original posts.  My OP with the Bracket Challenge info got pushed way the fuck down the page so here it is so its still in the first post...

Matt Edit (4/25/18) - Just change what I wrote and put the link and all on top. I'll do it for you. 

League name is The Goal Net and the password is.........nipple.  J/k, password is TGN2018

https://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/leagues/the-goal-net

-SBR35

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Picks - Mind you - I DON'T WATCH ANY NHL GAMES THESE DAYS...

WEST:

1. Nashville vs. WC2 Colorado  - Nashville

2. Winnipeg vs. Minnesota - Jets

1. Vegas vs. WC1 LA - LA

2. Ducks vs. 3. SJ - SJ

Jets beat SJ in west finals

EAST:

1. Tampa Bay vs. WC2 NJ - Tampa

2. Boston vs. 3. Leafs - Leafs

1. Caps vs. WC1 Columbus - Caps

2. Pens vs. Flyers - Pens

Caps beat Toronto in East finals

Caps beat Jets in finals 

Ratings are lower than reruns of Sesame Street

If I was gonna play it safe, I'd say Nashville and Tampa in the Finals. Altho Winnipeg and the Devils could be long horses to bet on.

Bear in mind I hardly watched any NHL this season, and I don't think I ever correctly predicted a Cup winner. But there's always a first time for everything.

Archived