Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

Wasn’t really feeling the 7000s even after modification so hopefully these are better

image.thumb.jpg.5982fb808523dcd83ee9d97b527cf40d.jpg9F49DF4E-990F-4F69-9313-99910691A706.thumb.jpeg.636ba13efcbbc35407496acec8728f89.jpeg
They’re definitely stiffer and closer to my normal size pads than the 7000s. These gatekeepers were basically my work bonus since they were given to me. 
If anyone wants Vaughn V2 7000s that fit like 35+2 with a stiffer knee block then let me know😂

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Like 1

Here are my new Ultrasonics. I've enjoyed playing with them. The rebounds are nice and hot. The sliding is excellent. I also haven't had any cheap 5-hole goals with these pads. 

I've had to scrap the toe ties these pads came with, and later the stretch laces I got from the old 2S Pro pads. I've had trouble with the Bauer toe ties breaking and the stretch laces getting caught under my skates. Hopefully a set of ProLaces will solve my problems. 

20230305_131655.jpg

Edited by ilyazhito
  • Like 4

On 3/21/2023 at 9:08 AM, xmikex32 said:

kind of off topic but any of you guys know a work around about buying Bauer gear from Canada and getting shipped to the states? Hockey shop has US in my size but Bauer wont let them ship out of Canada. 

You'd have to find a Canadian to get the stuff for you and have it shipped to you in the US. Another option is to go to Canada and get the stuff from there in person. 

On 3/20/2023 at 7:29 PM, Wake42 said:

Have these coming. 

43890A36-7FAB-4C7D-B2F1-7F867AFB18F5.jpeg

Those are kind of rad. 

You're definitely going to be a stand out at the local rink. 

On 3/20/2023 at 8:38 PM, ilyazhito said:

Here are my new Ultrasonics. I've enjoyed playing with them. The rebounds are nice and hot. The sliding is excellent. I also haven't had any cheap 5-hole goals with these pads. 

I've had to scrap the toe ties these pads came with, and later the stretch laces I got from the old 2S Pro pads. I've had trouble with the Bauer toe ties breaking and the stretch laces getting caught under my skates. Hopefully a set of ProLaces will solve my problems. 

20230305_131655.jpg

Pro laces work very nicely with Ultrasonics. I'd go with the TGN spec laces, it'll allow the pad to droop down a bit and I've found these pads play better that way. 

I've tried regular Prolaces, and they were fine, but the TGN spec is better. 

kind of off topic but any of you guys know a work around about buying Bauer gear from Canada and getting shipped to the states? Hockey shop has US in my size but Bauer wont let them ship out of Canada. 

What size do you need? 

1 minute ago, ilyazhito said:

What size do you need? 

Either M or L I need to go try on a set of machs. I'm right in between the two i think i would land higher in mediums but i don't want to be bulky in larges. I wear 34 warriors and land towards the top of the knee stack.

1 minute ago, xmikex32 said:

Either M or L I need to go try on a set of machs. I'm right in between the two i think i would land higher in mediums but i don't want to be bulky in larges. I wear 34 warriors and land towards the top of the knee stack.

I have a pair of L Ultrasonics. PM me if you are interested. 

Some shops have an exception where if you’ve bought gear there in person they can ship it to you. It’s very much a wink wink nudge nudge scenario 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Some shops have an exception where if you’ve bought gear there in person they can ship it to you. It’s very much a wink wink nudge nudge scenario 

hmmm if that's true i just need to find someone close to the hockey shop and get them to ship the pads. is it a MAP reasoning why Bauer doesn't let stores ship outside of Canada? I see CCM does the same thing and its kind of dumb since they sell the same gear in the states. 

2 hours ago, xmikex32 said:

hmmm if that's true i just need to find someone close to the hockey shop and get them to ship the pads. is it a MAP reasoning why Bauer doesn't let stores ship outside of Canada? I see CCM does the same thing and its kind of dumb since they sell the same gear in the states. 

Probably just protecting their dealers.  If more people see they can just order from Canada and ship to the US so the buyer can save via exchange rate, it’ll probably piss off some dealers in the states.

3 hours ago, xmikex32 said:

“Hi, I was looking to buy these (Bauer pads) from you guys but the only catch is I live in the US. However I have bought (product xyz) from your shop before and I’d like to continue dealing with you because of (service/sales relationship/bad experience with US vendors/another reason of your choice). Can we work something out?” 
Again. Wink. Wink. Nudge. Nudge. 

• Like 3

On 3/20/2023 at 7:29 PM, Wake42 said:

Have these coming. 

43890A36-7FAB-4C7D-B2F1-7F867AFB18F5.jpeg

On 3/22/2023 at 11:08 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

Those are kind of rad. 

You're definitely going to be a stand out at the local rink. 

Wow, that is a killer set.  Talk about making a statement.....are you on a team with a set of jerseys?  What do those look like, if so?

5 hours ago, seagoal said:

Wow, that is a killer set.  Talk about making a statement.....are you on a team with a set of jerseys?  What do those look like, if so?

Convinced the captain to switch our red and black to orange and yellow next season. Mockup soon. 

On 3/13/2023 at 5:04 PM, Chenner29 said:

I've had some time to finally skate in my Px3s.  It's really a great pad, my favorite Lefevre entry to date.  The changes are small but work really well together.  If you're coming from a CCM (especially an Eflex) pad it's a very safe transition IMO.

The catch glove is going to be an underrated upgrade, they close much cleaner than the CCM versions and are much more consistent (I think I've had 3 Lefevre gloves now, all of them have felt exactly the same!). 

My EFlex 1 and Eflex 4s were both specced as Game Ready D30.  This go around with Px3 I went with a Game Ready Xtra and another with a Pro Palm.  Have been very pleasantly surprised how clean the pro palm is closing

Do the Lefevre's have D3O or something similar or is it the traditional beefed up palm?