Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Still have my GT2 set. It's for sale, but not super hungry to let it go. Still my first full custom/pro set and it's got a soft spot in my heart. 

I always liked showing up in the rink with a full blue set. People were able to recognize me just based off the pads. 

Now with my lame white/red set, I lose a lot of my notoriety. 

Still have a better taste in style than @ThatCarGuy 😉

Not for long😉

If the mystery brand sends everything on time my order will be placed in under a week

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2023 at 9:32 PM, Obiwanjabroni said:

Well after about 6 years off from playing, the new set showed up. Tried to match as best I could to an old set of 590's I had back in Junior, all those years ago (GSBB days). Sorry for the potato quality, only one I could find after all these years.

Buzz.jpg

Koho.jpg

Nice set..both of them  😉

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Yours? A truly unique piece - congratulations.

13 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Sick, pretty sure Hiller was the only guy wearing these special one-offs

10 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Since its @mik it's definitely a Hiller pro return. 

Also, funny enough: 

Yes, it is exactly the same - Hillers spare one from his last season. I don´t know if he tried it once or twice, but it came in new condition (no damage, no puckmarks). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2023 at 8:31 AM, Aquilzz said:

2 games in and I can confidently say these are the best pads I have ever used. The 580 is going to take a major adjustment coming from almost 20 years of Vaughn gloves

IMG_1728.jpeg

@Aquilzz, I'm about to order a new True set and this is great to hear.  Do you find the thigh to be too stiff on these pads, or were you able to adjust to them no problem?  I'm coming from using Eflex pads the past 9 years, Velocities for many years before that.  I'm wondering if I should get 12.2's (more flexible thigh) or these new PX3's.

18 hours ago, MikeTheGoalie said:

@Aquilzz, I'm about to order a new True set and this is great to hear.  Do you find the thigh to be too stiff on these pads, or were you able to adjust to them no problem?  I'm coming from using Eflex pads the past 9 years, Velocities for many years before that.  I'm wondering if I should get 12.2's (more flexible thigh) or these new PX3's.

I was using EF3's before this new setup. The Eflex pads I could squish, the PX3's do not bend outside of the boot. I personally haven't played in 12.2's but I would assume they would be softer through the thigh rise and into the shin but not Eflex soft. 

56 minutes ago, turbototts said:

I was using EF3's before this new setup. The Eflex pads I could squish, the PX3's do not bend outside of the boot. I personally haven't played in 12.2's but I would assume they would be softer through the thigh rise and into the shin but not Eflex soft. 

Thanks for the feedback @turbototts, appreciate it.  You have a nice setup, great colors and color zones chosen!  

I know either model (or any pad these days), will be stiffer than my Eflexes, but I'm not sure how I would fare with no flex at all above the knee.  I'm a beer leaguer in my 40s, so I may go the 12.2 route if it means I can flex them a bit more than the PX3.

Have you used the pads yet?  If so, did the new pads hinder your play compared to Eflex3?   I'm concerned I'll have a Niemi straight pad happening with the new PX3 lol.

I got a game in last night in them. So I was also worried when I got them strapped up at how amazingly stiff they were. Standing in the pads they felt tall but the FRS also holds the pad a bit higher on the leg so I was ready for that. They play very well for being so stiff, the seal is great, the sliding is good (vs the speed skin I had previously) they rotate nicely and the rebounds are great. They didn't hinder my play just my resting stance haha

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, turbototts said:

New set. Super light and move really well. Stiff is an understatement. The glove is a 600 pro palm and closes really well out of the box. Really happy with the move.

image.thumb.jpeg.16bcacbf5cffc9df1493a71fb2226cba.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f6f473097bba7c466aaac5c173903440.jpeg

This set is very similar to the one i ordered as well except my glove is a double tee 600 can't wait for them to come in 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, turbototts said:

New set. Super light and move really well. Stiff is an understatement. The glove is a 600 pro palm and closes really well out of the box. Really happy with the move.

image.thumb.jpeg.16bcacbf5cffc9df1493a71fb2226cba.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f6f473097bba7c466aaac5c173903440.jpeg

Nice set! I went 12.2 and love them though given option I’d likely go PX3 just cause I like new shiny things.

what’s the deal with the thinned out behind the knee elastic? Is that new default style or did you customize that? The 12.2 version is much thicker but I can see slimmer being more comfortable.

41 minutes ago, dstew29 said:

Nice set! I went 12.2 and love them though given option I’d likely go PX3 just cause I like new shiny things.

what’s the deal with the thinned out behind the knee elastic? Is that new default style or did you customize that? The 12.2 version is much thicker but I can see slimmer being more comfortable.

The strap out of the knee block is a nylon webbing. It is an option on the customizer vs the standard elastic. It does not stretch and is for more of a tight/fixed feeling behind the knee.

• Thanks 1