Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

On 3/24/2023 at 9:06 AM, ThatCarGuy said:

For context

348F373C-39BE-4CB2-A7C9-5D0632A7FCA4.thumb.jpeg.f0fb145f0a08f20b1317c430ec74ab5f.jpeg
I had to relace the internals so that the glove closed properly. Ran out of lace for the pocket so I’ll get some more tomorrow. Absolutely love the laceless fingers and may attempt to copy that on my next setup

That line was terrible but still looks kind of modern after 20 years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, ihavenofivehole said:

Any chance you’d want to sell this unit? I’d be very interested if so 

Hi, for me it is the best chest protector I´ve ever had. I certainly don´t want to sell it now. 

• 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Novasteel31 said:

I'd like to know which one you this is better after a few skates as they both seem to close nicely to me when I have tried them on in store

I've only got 4 skates for the entire month of June (so far) so getting those games under the belt will take a bit. 

From just messing around at home, the Hyperlite closes very well. A lot snappier than my Mach, but both close easily enough. 

I have a feeling the Hyperlite will take over as my main glove, but messing around at home vs on ice are always two different beasts. 

26 minutes ago, keeperton said:

I forgot to follow up on this. Got it back and got to use it in a victorious playoff game last night. Mr. GoalieCustomizer was great to work with, I'll be sending another his way come July.

Beauty of a mask, love the stained glass - very unique

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Beauty of a mask, love the stained glass - very unique

Thank you. The texture work he did on it is really good, I couldn't have asked for it to turn out better.

I gave him a sketch-up I did on paper using pencil and colored pencils that I highlighted with fine-tip a Bic marker for the leaded veins as well as scrawled with notes therein with an email note of essentially, "this, but better;" my original bear and crow looked like a tanuki and seagull respectively. The transcription of the VHS artifacted motif on the back (rooted in vaporwave inspired aesthetics surrounding a general nostalgiacore and early 2000s WARP Records designs) turned out fantastic.

I had been kicking around the design in my head for about three years, wavering from an original idea of something phalanx related on what was to look like an impure marble block morphed into the stained glass. The next mask will be something very mecha in nature.

image.thumb.png.3560beffe086ab398cb8152ec659b3a3.png

49 minutes ago, keeperton said:

I had been kicking around the design in my head for about three years, wavering from an original idea of something phalanx related on what was to look like an impure marble block morphed into the stained glass. The next mask will be something very mecha in nature.

Should compare notes with @ZeroGravitas - he’s secretly a Gundam fan 

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 9:13 PM, keeperton said:

Thank you. The texture work he did on it is really good, I couldn't have asked for it to turn out better.

I gave him a sketch-up I did on paper using pencil and colored pencils that I highlighted with fine-tip a Bic marker for the leaded veins as well as scrawled with notes therein with an email note of essentially, "this, but better;" my original bear and crow looked like a tanuki and seagull respectively. The transcription of the VHS artifacted motif on the back (rooted in vaporwave inspired aesthetics surrounding a general nostalgiacore and early 2000s WARP Records designs) turned out fantastic.

image.thumb.png.3560beffe086ab398cb8152ec659b3a3.png

Perfect timing with AC6 coming out this August.

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

9 weeks and 5 days

IMG_6645.thumb.jpeg.2cd6688e077952fd6e1e2198eb178ffc.jpeg

These look like they’ll be great summer pads lol

You chirped my beloved L-shaped 580 in another thread so I'll take this opportunity to clap back at you here re: this weird lobster claw feeling glove

• Haha 2