Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

21 minutes ago, froese said:

To be honest I'd never really paid a lot of attention to chest protectors until I needed a new one, and then my OCD kicked in and I got just as obsessed with it as I do with everything else. I hadn't thought about mine much either because it fit so well and was so broken in and just did it's job. But when I started looking around and trying stuff on and these new units suddenly weren't so comfortable, it got my attention pretty quick, haha. I was in Vaughn forever as well, really comfortable.

For chesties (and pants) I'm not convinced there's much difference or reason for discernment and I am fine staying that way, ignorant,  in a sense. 

It's just not interesting to me, personally. 

12 hours ago, Hockey34 said:

@coopaloop1234

I think you’ll like the Mach because I too don’t tuck, tie, or wear suspenders and I have no problem with it being pushed up or anything like that. And I have no problem with my mask catching on it even when I had my dangler and now that I got rid of that it’s even better.

I never had any issues with my 2S Pro either. My only issue was fighting the arms (they were too long in retrospect). 

So if the body fit is similar and the arms are now appropriately sized, I can't see not liking it. Not unless I don't care for the arms afterall. 

So got my Mach in, just tossed it on as it came.

My lord these arms are rediculous. @ThatCarGuy @Hockey34 you guys weren't kidding. This is as mobile as my RGT 1 pro was after being fully broken in. 

Need to adjust the body a bit, but overall, I'm very, very excited to get this on the ice this weekend. 

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So got my Mach in, just tossed it on as it came.

My lord these arms are rediculous. @ThatCarGuy @Hockey34 you guys weren't kidding. This is as mobile as my RGT 1 pro was after being fully broken in. 

Need to adjust the body a bit, but overall, I'm very, very excited to get this on the ice this weekend. 

How the shoulders fit? Is it as wide as the 2S or Pro?

On 11/28/2023 at 3:19 PM, froese said:

The saga/search continues. At this point I'm basically clowning myself hahahaha kill me.

PXL_20231128_194325848.jpg

I'm a little confused here. You said the Elite seemed too "rigid", yet you end up with the Hyperlite which is essentially the Pro version of the S23. What else made you change your mind?

Just now, RichMan said:

How the shoulders fit? Is it as wide as the 2S or Pro?

Wider. Feels more like a Hyperlite than a 2S. I took some pictures of me wearing both units just for comparison. 

Arms are shorter on the Warrior and the Mach arms are much longer. I have them sinched all the way and they fit closer to my Medium Hyperlite than my Small Warrior. (Mach is a small). 

That being said, the shoulders are beefier on the Mach, but the arms are wayyyy beefier on the Warrior. 

The mobility on the Mach is way better despite only being worn a handful of times. 

The Mach is more comfortable to wear and feels more like a body suit. The Warrior feels like slapping on armour. 

20231129_142653.jpg

20231129_142657.jpg

20231129_142817.jpg

20231129_142818.jpg

• Like 4

Just now, RichMan said:

@coopaloop1234 Damn, I feel huge at the shoulders with my 2S but looking at the side by side pics, it's fairly smaller. Funny how perspective can vary.

I should do a by side between my 2S, my CCM Pro (both XL) and my P1 which is a large. 

2S came right off the heels of the C/A reduction that was happening in the NHL. Optik 1 had that issue as well. Just compare the 2S to the 1S and Ultrasonic. Both are considerably larger. 

bauer-chest-protectors-bauer-supreme-ultrasonic-senior-chest-arm-protector-14232984289346_1800x1800.jpg

bauer-goalie-chest-protector-supreme-1s-sr.jpg.d5775b2769aea98a742c1b8472c2793a.jpg

3 minutes ago, RichMan said:

That Ultrasonic looks kinda horrible but apparently the arm flex is out of this world.

Since you're so familiar with the Bauer lines, is the following bigger or the same as the 2S?:

image.thumb.png.d84e9a1866ecf8f7faa2ac405d9ea231.png

Bigger. These "Pro" units are not currently NHL legal and are closer to the 1S than the 2S. 

They're essentially NXG units. 

bauer-supreme-nxg-chest-arm.thumb.jpg.75c632a57155262413fa842e7baa4649.jpg

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, RichMan said:

I'm a little confused here. You said the Elite seemed too "rigid", yet you end up with the Hyperlite which is essentially the Pro version of the S23. What else made you change your mind?

I definitely wouldn't say the hyperlite is more rigid than the elite, and doesn't feel bulkier either. The chest feels like it conforms to the body better and flexes in a way that doesn't cause it to push up when you're down in a stance. It felt like the forearms on the elite also interfered more with my glove than the hyperlite does. Just general overall feel, I guess. Feels way less intrusive and not in the way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

That 2S is definitely too long on you. 

The CCM would be perfect if you didn't let it sag so much. 😉

The CCM, can't do much about that. As per NHL rules, the back/floaters have to be permanently sewn in, non adjustable. Could maybe use the fight strap for that but I'll have to see.

Edited by RichMan

11 hours ago, RichMan said:

The CCM, can't do much about that. As per NHL rules, the back/floaters have to be permanently sewn in, non adjustable. Could maybe use the fight strap for that but I'll have to see.

A lot of your neckline is showing though, do you hang it up by the back piece? I heard not to do that to avoid the sag. Either have it sit by the bottom, or use a cloths hanger so that the weight is off by the shoulders. I would def try a fight strap to have it pulled up a bit at the front imo. 

Updated gear rundown! Been a while.

• Helmet- older build 960, painted by myself.  
  • Maltese neckguard, going on 9 years old now!
  • Vaughn SLR2 chest with funky custom strapping to have ride up higher.
  • Brian Elliot Vaughn Pro Return pants (old spec!)
  • Bauer Mach stick- P31, 25"
  • Blackwood 580 True (20.2 graphic, Eflex backhand). Vacuum. 
  • Bauer 1X Bindingless Blocker with Vaughn palm; balanced and comfortable.
  • Bauer Hyperlite Pads with Vaughn SLR Prof. strap. Slippery.
  • Older True skates.

Custom printed graphics on the Bauers done by myself. 

407905853_7111444632256542_1090683251773821958_n.jpgimage.thumb.jpeg.2818ddc5d9735b8f469c5399b2672dd7.jpeg

Edited by Ziemc97
  • Like 7

Quick update after 6 or so skates in the Hyperlite 2 chest - took my first heater off the shoulder last night while in the VH position, with no issues. I definitely felt it, but it was one of those satisfying "yup that was a solid impact but didn't hurt", feelings. Mobility is really good with zero mask interference and controlling and cradling gut shots works well. I've take a couple hard shots off the arms as well and protection has been fine. I'm including a pic of the 2010 Vaughn Epic chest I've been wearing forever for reference. Anyway, quite pleased with this beauty this far. Any questions feel free to ask. @coopaloop1234 how's the Mach?

PXL_20231210_181901653.jpg

PXL_20231210_184240308.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, froese said:

Quick update after 6 or so skates in the Hyperlite 2 chest - took my first heater off the shoulder last night while in the VH position, with no issues. I definitely felt it, but it was one of those satisfying "yup that was a solid impact but didn't hurt", feelings. Mobility is really good with zero mask interference and controlling and cradling gut shots works well. I've take a couple hard shots off the arms as well and protection has been fine. I'm including a pic of the 2010 Vaughn Epic chest I've been wearing forever for reference. Anyway, quite pleased with this beauty this far. Any questions feel free to ask. @coopaloop1234 how's the Mach?

PXL_20231210_181901653.jpg

PXL_20231210_184240308.jpg

Glad to hear. The only negative thing I've heard of the hyperlite 2 us the questionable arm connections. 

Mach has been fantastic. I've never had a c/a immediately agree with me and just slot in so nicely. It's taken the top spot for favourite after only 6 skates. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Glad to hear. The only negative thing I've heard of the hyperlite 2 us the questionable arm connections. 

Mach has been fantastic. I've never had a c/a immediately agree with me and just slot in so nicely. It's taken the top spot for favourite after only 6 skates. 

Nice, that's been my experience as well. Almost no adjustment period which kind of shocked me! So far I haven't had any issues with the arm connections, and I actually added additional velcro on the straps so that I could cinch them up even higher. I prefer the arms to be on the shorter side. So far so good. 

• Like 1

Got a deal on a practically unused SLR3 pro carbon JH spec chesty. Giving it a try as my CCM AB18 unit feels like it is not meant to last. Ditching my suspenders and going to try the half tuck. This will be the shortest chesty I’ve used in a while. My CCM sits at about my waist line and the slr3 is at about my belly button. The slr3 feels mobile and protective. Will see how it feels on the ice later this week. 

IMG_1335.jpeg

IMG_1333.jpeg

Edited by Wake42
  • Like 1