Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

21 minutes ago, Wake42 said:

Got a deal on a practically unused SLR3 pro carbon TC spec chesty. Giving it a try as my CCM AB18 unit feels like it is not meant to last. Ditching my suspenders and going to try the half tuck. This will be the shortest chesty I’ve used in a while. My CCM sits at about my waist line and the slr3 is at about my belly button. The slr3 feels mobile and protective. Will see how it feels on the ice later this week. 

IMG_1335.jpeg

IMG_1333.jpeg

How is your CCM sitting so high? Back straps? Look at my pic a few posts higher. lots of droop at the neck.

And it does make you wonder how many units a pro goes though in just a season, eh.

On 11/29/2023 at 8:03 PM, RichMan said:

Here's my comparison:

Looking at the 2S, body seems long. Wonder if XL was the right choice for my 6'2 frame. 

20231129_194230.jpg

20231129_194649.jpg

I'm quoting myself to ask this: what exactly would make the 2S illegal in the show? The shoulders aren't that massive tbh. The floaters are smaller than some out there, and the biceps floaters seem identical to the CCM I'm sporting just above...??

55 minutes ago, RichMan said:

How is your CCM sitting so high? Back straps? Look at my pic a few posts higher. lots of droop at the neck.

And it does make you wonder how many units a pro goes though in just a season, eh.

Sits very high. I have +1 arms and have them as short as they well go. That seems to be keeping it high. I’ll try to get a picture. 

I have added a lot of stitching to the CCM unit. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just recently purchased a pair of Optik 2 leg pads. I had a set of these in the summer of 2022 that were a 32+2 which were just a smidge too tall in the thigh, these being a 32+1 should do the trick. I also really prefer a dark setup which steered me in this direction. Still on the hunt for some black gloves to go with them.

image.png.6cb74eea15805da2fc0282e48f7213c3.png

• Like 5

On 12/10/2023 at 1:02 PM, RichMan said:

I'm quoting myself to ask this: what exactly would make the 2S illegal in the show? The shoulders aren't that massive tbh. The floaters are smaller than some out there, and the biceps floaters seem identical to the CCM I'm sporting just above...??

Squared off arms is the immediate thing. NHL needs tapered arms. 

Pretty sure the shoulder caps are too pronounced as well. 

6 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Squared off arms is the immediate thing. NHL needs tapered arms. 

Pretty sure the shoulder caps are too pronounced as well. 

I can see the shoulder caps a possible issue but the Bauer forearms are no bigger than the Pro CCM AB18 I just got rid of.

14 minutes ago, RichMan said:

I can see the shoulder caps a possible issue but the Bauer forearms are no bigger than the Pro CCM AB18 I just got rid of.

It's not that they're the same width, it's the the 2S had squared off arm protection which is illegal in the NHL. 

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Those aren't Hiller gloves. 

Good eye 😂. There were no Hiller gloves I could actualy buy, so I was forced to buy this. But I will use it on ice, not on the shelf 😏

1 hour ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

I'm pretty sure I threatened him into never buying Hiller's gear again so I could get it all 😈

I’m sorry, but that wouldn’t work 😁.

1 hour ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, mik said:

Good eye 😂. There were no Hiller gloves I could actualy buy, so I was forced to buy this. But I will use it on ice, not on the shelf 😏

Good to hear. 

For the record, 75 break gloves are truly the superior break. 

Don't let these 60/90 heathens tell you otherwise/. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Good to hear. 

For the record, 75 break gloves are truly the superior break. 

Don't let these 60/90 heathens tell you otherwise/. 

I am presently undecided on this topic. I need a few more games in my new 60 to make the final decision 😂

So somewhere on this platform I mentioned my getting a Bauer 940 to replace my old age Reidic. I didn't like the cage's sight lines so I went and ordered a cheater cage from TGC. Aside from my nose being very close to the bars, I'm very happy with the vision now. Next up, decorations 😁

20240105_235146.jpg

• Like 7

On 1/4/2024 at 1:14 AM, southpawtendy48 said:

You guys know what break angle your gloves have? Huh..

Isn’t “the break angle” the excuse you use to justify buying new gear in situations where finances are shared…?

For example:

Me: “Honey, I need to buy a new glove; I think there’s a break in the plastic in my old one…”

Wife: ”Oh - it broke? So that’s your angle this time - not ‘it will match better’…? Different angle, but same answer - NO!”

FWIW, I don’t know the break angle on my glove either. 

Edited by Lucky Pucker
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, RichMan said:

So somewhere on this platform I mentioned my getting a Bauer 940 to replace my old age Reidic. I didn't like the cage's sight lines so I went and ordered a cheater cage from TGC. Aside from my nose being very close to the bars, I'm very happy with the vision now. Next up, decorations 😁

20240105_235146.jpg

U will be in impressed with its performance. I play against some mid to high level players.  Took some shots to the head today. Not an ear ring or a bad experience with my 940.  I have a cats eye tho.  
very impressed, coming from a sport mask to. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, raidersgoalie said:

U will be in impressed with its performance. I play against some mid to high level players.  Took some shots to the head today. Not an ear ring or a bad experience with my 940.  I have a cats eye tho.  
very impressed, coming from a sport mask to. 

I got a couple cage hits on the original and the only issue I had was that my jaw either popped backwards or I clenched my jaw too hard on the shot and it still hurts some after 4 weeks. I am somewhat annoyed with the elastic chin cup though. I've always had a traditional nylon strap for the chin which seems more stable imo. I might swap just to try.

I chose the cheater cage because I didn't want to chance a stick blade or puck into the eye area. Not that it has happened before. I've worn a cat-eye for years. I am interested in the wide mouth version made for the Bauer profile though. The one I had custom made for my Reidic won't fit.

There is a significant weight difference between the 940 and the Reidic but I'm not too much affected by it during or after games. The weight difference between the 940 and 950 and possibly the 960 aren't that big, but the prices are, hence my choosing the 940. Also the reviews. Apparently, as per Cam from The Hockey Shop/InGoal Magazine, there's a pro in the Calgary Flames system I believe that uses or used a 940 as his choice of mask. I'm not facing NHL or AHL or KHL or SHL shots so, it's good enough for me.

• Like 1