Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

17 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Pulled the trigger on this Warrior G5 Pro. The G5 trapper I had from @Smalls was still my favourite glove I've had and the G6 has not been agreeing with me at all. 

Hoping to recreate some magic with an area of my game that's been struggling a bit since I made the switch to Bauer back in February. 

Capture.thumb.JPG.4ae1a8632eafadc6be49a2d993a38ed0.JPGCapturew.JPG.fd2e4f77d6bce9f07b72889b31b423a3.JPG

Congrats on the beauty! Matches your set perfectly. 

Sorry you were having troubles with the g6. I'm in the g6.1 and loving life but it's my first glove since the original ritual glove so that's not a lot of competition. Felt so much better than a true glove to my hands.

1 hour ago, IpaddyTECH said:

Congrats on the beauty! Matches your set perfectly. 

Sorry you were having troubles with the g6. I'm in the g6.1 and loving life but it's my first glove since the original ritual glove so that's not a lot of competition. Felt so much better than a true glove to my hands.

Kind of matches. It's at least red and white, but I don't have a truly matching set anyways, so /shrug. 

The thumb angle on the 6.0 is flatter than the G5 in order to maximize the wider shape they were going for. The pocket is massive, but any shots I'm unable to catch clean rarely funnel into the pocket and mostly pop out. 

Plus, the level of protection at the index finger (where it meets the crease) is not good. Just about any shot, and I mean any shot, that hits my index finger is a stinger. I've tossed in the practice palm insert in the mean time because it's been rough.

Pretty sure it's a manufacturing issue since @ThatCarGuy tells me his G6 glove is great. 

We'll see how the G5 experiment goes. I could just be blinded a bit by rose tinted glasses, but I got my G5 (barely used) for cheap so I'm ok with sitting on it if it doesn't work out. 

• Like 2

Received my custom Brian’s Icon1k set yesterday. I can’t wait to get these on the ice Friday. Specs are stiff core, 35.5+1.5, professor straps, no boot straps, custom graphic, flag embroidery, sewn on B star logos, full primo under boot, game ready glove break, 1.5” deeper reenforced skate lace double t, extra time on break in machine, block has primo finger bindings. 

IMG_5836.jpeg

IMG_5840.jpeg

IMG_5844.jpeg

IMG_5842.jpeg

IMG_5846.jpeg

IMG_5851.jpeg

IMG_5849.jpeg

IMG_5784.jpeg

IMG_6025.jpeg

• Like 11

I'm finally going to try and move out of my Vaughn Epic 8606 from 2010 so I picked up the S23 Elite. The Vaughn is so comfortable and mobile, but that's like saying goalies could see the puck a lot better before they wore masks 😂

The mobility of the Elite seems pretty good even brand new so we'll see how it goes 🤞

PXL_20231126_001948504.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, froese said:

I'm finally going to try and move out of my Vaughn Epic 8606 from 2010 so I picked up the S23 Elite. The Vaughn is so comfortable and mobile, but that's like saying goalies could see the puck a lot better before they wore masks 😂

The mobility of the Elite seems pretty good even brand new so we'll see how it goes 🤞

Let us know how the arms feel protection wise. The body and shoulders looked ample enough for beer league. 

9 hours ago, RichMan said:

Let us know how the arms feel protection wise. The body and shoulders looked ample enough for beer league. 

Well, that didn't last long. After more time with it at home, wearing it with my gear etc. I worried it was going to be too rigid and may not break in like I want it too. So, returned it this morning and my local store had the CCM Eflex Shield II still in stock and they have me a great deal. If anyone's been to Royal Sports in Winnipeg, it's quite something. It doubles as a goalie gear museum with brand new stuff dating back a full decade. I love it. 

Anyway, this unit is super comfortable. I know there's another thread on here about this model but it's been archived so I can't reply there. But, all the negative things people commented on are actually characteristics I was looking for (softer arms, particularly from the wrist to elbow), and I fully expect to feel shots to the arm when I get them, which is rare. 

So we'll see if this one sticks. I believe I'm up to 3 units now that I've returned so hopefully this one lasts 😂

Buying gear is super fun but also an absolute nightmare, haha. 

PXL_20231126_173656594.jpg

• Like 7

On 11/24/2023 at 3:43 PM, seagoal said:

Found 2 RV2 Pro + in 25/TWT for 50% off Black Friday Sale so $144 each.  RV3 can suck it.  Pretty stoked. 

20231124_153846.jpg

Is something wrong with the RV3 (that isn't the price of new sticks)?

Sick find though. I usually get sticks from team end-of-season stock sell-offs. I've found it hard to replace my Alex Lyon stick from when he was with the Checkers though.

Edited by keeperton

33 minutes ago, keeperton said:

Sick find though. I usually get sticks from team end-of-season stock sell-offs. I've found it hard to replace my Alex Lyon stick from when he was with the Checkers though.

Nope, not that I know of.  I was just making a joke about me not buying the current generation model in favor of the older.  I'll take last gen at half off anyday. 

On 11/25/2023 at 6:44 PM, froese said:

On 11/26/2023 at 12:00 PM, froese said:

Well, that didn't last long. After more time with it at home, wearing it with my gear etc. I worried it was going to be too rigid and may not break in like I want it too. So, returned it this morning and my local store had the CCM Eflex Shield II still in stock and they have me a great deal. If anyone's been to Royal Sports in Winnipeg, it's quite something. It doubles as a goalie gear museum with brand new stuff dating back a full decade. I love it. 

Anyway, this unit is super comfortable. I know there's another thread on here about this model but it's been archived so I can't reply there. But, all the negative things people commented on are actually characteristics I was looking for (softer arms, particularly from the wrist to elbow), and I fully expect to feel shots to the arm when I get them, which is rare. 

So we'll see if this one sticks. I believe I'm up to 3 units now that I've returned so hopefully this one lasts 😂

Buying gear is super fun but also an absolute nightmare, haha. 

PXL_20231126_173656594.jpg

The saga/search continues. At this point I'm basically clowning myself hahahaha kill me.

PXL_20231128_194325848.jpg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So why did you switch?

Overall the CCM was comfortable and light, and no issues with head movement when standing. But the bulky chest wrap and length was such that when I went into a stance with my goalie pants on it tended to ride up. I don't tuck, so if the lower part of the chest is too stiff or bulky and doesn't flex properly, it can cause problems. Granted I've only tried the hyperlite on in store, but it feels like overall it's a lot lower profile and less bulky, and the lower chest is a lot more flexible. Very comfortable. Then again I was optimistic about the Shield II as well so time will tell. 😂

As a fellow non-tucker (I believe I read that somewhere), what are you in? Warrior?

3 minutes ago, froese said:

As a fellow non-tucker (I believe I read that somewhere), what are you in? Warrior?

That's right, I don't tuck, tie down, or wear suspenders. Light and Breezy baby. 

Currently in the Warrior RX3 Pro (not +) and I'm expecting my Bauer Mach tomorrow. I've used Warrior units the longest, but have gone back and forth with a few Bauer and Vaughn units. 

2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

That's right, I don't tuck, tie down, or wear suspenders. Light and Breezy baby. 

Currently in the Warrior RX3 Pro (not +) and I'm expecting my Bauer Mach tomorrow. I've used Warrior units the longest, but have gone back and forth with a few Bauer and Vaughn units. 

The RX3 Pro was one of the units I tried on today. Really comfortable but I thought the arms were a bit bulky. Besides that it seemed like it would be good as far as vision and not having to worry about mask interference. 

Yup I went from early 90's Brown to a 2010 Vaughn Epic, and now to a Hyperlite (maybe 😆). Why'd you decide to go with the Mach?

47 minutes ago, froese said:

The RX3 Pro was one of the units I tried on today. Really comfortable but I thought the arms were a bit bulky. Besides that it seemed like it would be good as far as vision and not having to worry about mask interference. 

Yup I went from early 90's Brown to a 2010 Vaughn Epic, and now to a Hyperlite (maybe 😆). Why'd you decide to go with the Mach?

Mask interference is essentially zero with the Pro. I'm sure the Pro+ it may be something needing to adjust. 

The arms on the Rx3 break in nicely and you don't notice the bulk, but they definitely do feel wider than anything else. Also, surprisingly enough, the Pro+ is even larger in the arms. Neither unit is NHL legal lol. Also, the arms get almost as broken in as my Hyperlite was, but far more protective. 

I'm in a period where I've finally accepted that, despite technically fitting the sizing requirements for Medium C/A's, I'm way better suited to wearing Smalls. All of my past C/A's before this Rx3 were Mediums and a lot of my gripes that I had with these C/A's can be properly attributed to the sizing.

My past experiences with Bauer C/A's, despite wearing Mediums, were both pretty positive and I'm wanting to give them another try with a more appropriate sized unit. 

No idea which one I'll end up preferring, but I won't be upset if the Mach doesn't work since I'm still enjoying my Rx3 quite a bit. 

Edited by coopaloop1234

53 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Mask interference is essentially zero with the Pro. I'm sure the Pro+ it may be something needing to adjust. 

The arms on the Rx3 break in nicely and you don't notice the bulk, but they definitely do feel wider than anything else. Also, surprisingly enough, the Pro+ is even larger in the arms. Neither unit is NHL legal lol. Also, the arms get almost as broken in as my Hyperlite was, but far more protective. 

I'm in a period where I've finally accepted that, despite technically fitting the sizing requirements for Medium C/A's, I'm way better suited to wearing Smalls. All of my past C/A's before this Rx3 were Mediums and a lot of my gripes that I had with these C/A's can be properly attributed to the sizing.

My past experiences with Bauer C/A's, despite wearing Mediums, were both pretty positive and I'm wanting to give them another try with a more appropriate sized unit. 

No idea which one I'll end up preferring, but I won't be upset if the Mach doesn't work since I'm still enjoying my Rx3 quite a bit. 

Excellent info, thanks. I've always been a large, but have contemplated trying a medium for probably the same reasons you're going to test out a small. Although I have to say I just got home and put the hyperlite on (large) with my pants and mask and it's pretty spectacular. No issues with fit, or mask interference. Obviously more substantial than my Vaughn, but doesn't feel too bulky. I think I'll actually wear it for my game tonight which means the deal will be sealed 😂

Hopefully your Mach arrives tomorrow!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, keeperton said:

The Wings have an equipment sale every year, I'm local and usually go. Could pick some up for you as there's usually plenty of stock. Not exactly sure on pricing as it seems to change year to year. 

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Are you still pending to get a new Warrior and just trying out the Mach? 

I just noticed some holes in some of the square foam wraps on my chest unit.  Nothing too bad or problematic just yet, but a good sign that it's seen its share of good use and getting into the last stages of use.

Mine's a V9 I got 3  years ago.  I've only ever worn Vaughn chesties and honestly I've paid zero attention to them over the years, even on here. It's a piece of gear that kinda bores me and I don't geek out on them at all.  My expectations for them are minimal so long as they fit well, which Vaughn's  have done for me.

P.S. I too don't tuck, tie down, or wear suspenders.  Never have.

2 hours ago, seagoal said:

I just noticed some holes in some of the square foam wraps on my chest unit.  Nothing too bad or problematic just yet, but a good sign that it's seen its share of good use and getting into the last stages of use.

Mine's a V9 I got 3  years ago.  I've only ever worn Vaughn chesties and honestly I've paid zero attention to them over the years, even on here. It's a piece of gear that kinda bores me and I don't geek out on them at all.  My expectations for them are minimal so long as they fit well, which Vaughn's  have done for me.

Nah, not pending, been using my Rx3 since July. The rx4's are almost a 1:1, so there's no advantage in getting one aside from a better colour scheme. 

I'm mostly trying out the Mach, but there is the intention of making it my go to if it goes well. I have nothing but positive things to say about both Warrior and Bauer C/A's. So it'll mostly come down to overall feeling and if I like my profile with it or not. 

After all, I'm a vain son of a bitch. 

Your lack of interest in C/A's is me with pants. I just could not care less and I've been more than happy with my ventus LT98. Hell, these pants have been wjth me through a ton of other gear changes. I have this picture of my old drying set up and every piece of gear there has been replaced at least twice, except my pants. 

20180921_232127.jpg

8 hours ago, motowngoalie said:

The Wings have an equipment sale every year, I'm local and usually go. Could pick some up for you as there's usually plenty of stock. Not exactly sure on pricing as it seems to change year to year. 

That'd be incredible. The last ones I got were about $120 each, if I recall.

His sticks are 25" Warrior V series with the twist curve with no grip on the paddle, but with grip on the shaft. Something about them just feels right when handling since the grip isn't incredibly tacky.

12 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I'm mostly trying out the Mach, but there is the intention of making it my go to if it goes well. I have nothing but positive things to say about both Warrior and Bauer C/A's. So it'll mostly come down to overall feeling and if I like my profile with it or not. 

After all, I'm a vain son of a bitch. 

I caught my reflection a couple of times in the glass behind the net last night in my Hyperlite, and it was kind of sexy.

15 hours ago, seagoal said:

To be honest I'd never really paid a lot of attention to chest protectors until I needed a new one, and then my OCD kicked in and I got just as obsessed with it as I do with everything else. I hadn't thought about mine much either because it fit so well and was so broken in and just did it's job. But when I started looking around and trying stuff on and these new units suddenly weren't so comfortable, it got my attention pretty quick, haha. I was in Vaughn forever as well, really comfortable.