Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

this bad boy arrived today to replace my mach and it already snaps closed and the break feels sooo much better. Can’t wait to try it out and see how it is. Only thing that threw me off is how long the pocket is instead of open if that makes sense. I feel like opening my Mach up covered more area but when I open this glove it’s not as much area covered…if that makes sense and I have broken it in yet so I might be jumping the gun. 

IMG_9469.jpeg

IMG_9470.jpeg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, creasecollector said:

Nothing crazy, but picked up an extra set of cowlings just in case. Someone on my team had theirs explode the other night and it made me think might as well pickup an extra set. 

I guess I’m old wanting to stick with a cowling, but I am okay with that haha.

IMG_1119.thumb.jpeg.587ab750999b5aa304a4524f9338600b.jpeg

I still use them as well. It is my oldest piece of equipment I think. Today I´m going to sharpen my skates at Bauer shop where my firend works. So we´ll continue our endless debate about whether it is time for new cowlingless skates. Not yet 😁

• Like 2

Finally got my entire Ozzie tribute set on the ice at a game where my wife could come and take pics.   As much as I like how easy it is to breath in the combo, I think I'll stick to my mask going forward due to the crazy ringing you get when your teammates decide to go up high in warmups.  🙄🤪

image.png.103f044b7df48d15e2be462f8dec2c2b.png

Edit:  Yes, I know I need to reskin CCM as Vaughn or at least cover the logos with Padskinz if I really want it to look like Ozzie's setup from the late 90's. 

Edited by Puckstopper
  • Like 13

3 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Finally got my entire Ozzie tribute set on the ice at a game where my wife could come and take pics.   As much as I like how easy it is to breath in the combo, I think I'll stick to my mask going forward due to the crazy ringing you get when your teammates decide to go up high in warmups.  🙄🤪

Edit:  Yes, I know I need to reskin CCM as Vaughn or at least cover the logos with Padskinz if I really want it to look like Ozzie's setup from the late 90's. 

Man, this looks awesome. Well done!

4 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Thanks man!  When I saw how closely the EF5 graphic lined up with this I ditched plans for a Tampa colored set instantly.

image.png.624fb2b7793d1c26ab9ec69541e8fe7d.png

Love this set you’ve put together - well done!

no more Hespelers being made anymore. Looks like you could have had the original stick too for $310 (back in 2016, at least)

https://auctions.nhl.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?sid=1100803&auctionId=1072877

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

Absolutely perfect💪!

On 1/20/2024 at 4:56 AM, xmikex32 said:

.... Only thing that threw me off is how long the pocket is instead of open if that makes sense. I feel like opening my Mach up covered more area but when I open this glove it’s not as much area covered…if that makes sense and I have broken it in yet so I might be jumping the gun. 

IMG_9469.jpeg

This is what always annoys me about the 580 gloves, they just don't open wide. Not pancake but just open.

I think it mostly is because of the T edge (lip), which is really short. This is from the glove being quite big in other parts which takes off some length from the perimeter 45 inches.

Can you take an approx measure of the perimeter length Bauer has come up to? As Bauer usually is nearly an inch from the limit.

That cuff edge doesn't look like quality custom product but also doesn't really matter catching pucks though.

Edited by ArdeFIN

On 1/25/2024 at 11:15 PM, creasecollector said:

Nothing crazy, but picked up an extra set of cowlings just in case. Someone on my team had theirs explode the other night and it made me think might as well pickup an extra set. 

I guess I’m old wanting to stick with a cowling, but I am okay with that haha.

IMG_1119.thumb.jpeg.587ab750999b5aa304a4524f9338600b.jpeg

I'm still a cowling guy too.  Have another set ready when current are done.  I just like the lower height better.  I'm old school as well and like what I like.  

• Like 1

True one pieces would be shorter than a 2-pc option.

Here's an old photo borrowed from the True Goalie Skates thread a while back:

image.thumb.png.3eb823799c8719516e048d027435f132.png

Although the boot brands are different, 2 piece skates are roughly the same heights:

2pieceskatedifferencesBauerCCMTrueVH.thumb.jpg.395daa2c09e6065d9d7fe8cd9d217890.jpg

Overall skate height would also depend on your blades as well of course.

Edited by creasecollector
  • Like 3

@insertnamehere I think the True one piece would be close comparison to cowling height such as my old Vaughn cowlings that I have now.  Lower height is easier on my hips after wrecking them and my groin early in my career.  

@Puckstopper I agree thar pic isn't quite right for comparison when Bauer is most common cowlings.  Even those I have a hard time with. 

Ideally I'd like to try some used 1 piece Trues but with my narrow foot almost impossible to find on the used market.

11 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

To be fair though, the cowings you're showing are the final evolution of cowling design and sit slightly higher than the Gen 1 Vertexx's being discussed earlier.  

True. Don't have any pics to compare those but you could be right in that they could be similar size.

On 1/29/2024 at 9:29 PM, daffy said:

@insertnamehere I think the True one piece would be close comparison to cowling height such as my old Vaughn cowlings that I have now.  Lower height is easier on my hips after wrecking them and my groin early in my career.  

@Puckstopper I agree thar pic isn't quite right for comparison when Bauer is most common cowlings.  Even those I have a hard time with. 

Ideally I'd like to try some used 1 piece Trues but with my narrow foot almost impossible to find on the used market.

If anything the 1 piece Trues sit lower than the Bauer Vertexx cowlings, although that largely depends on the steel.  The store I used to work at had plenty of old stock goalie skates to compare to the True's.   There were 3 factors in me picking the 2 piece True skate over the 1 piece and the largest one was I was used to a taller skate and didn't want to go back.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

If anything the 1 piece Trues sit lower than the Bauer Vertexx cowlings, although that largely depends on the steel.  The store I used to work at had plenty of old stock goalie skates to compare to the True's.   There were 3 factors in me picking the 2 piece True skate over the 1 piece and the largest one was I was used to a taller skate and didn't want to go back.  

quite fair. I compared my True 1 piece with Bauer Pro on Vertex holders with a hood. Bauer is taller with similar blade height, more noticeable in the rear

3 hours ago, Inferno said:

Just received some pictures of my Brodeur replica.

IMG-5830.jpg

IMG-5833.jpg

IMG-5836.jpg

Off a CCM? I find that some paint jobs/designs can only work on certain mask shapes/designs. You couldn't put that paint job on a Bauer cause of the flipped chin or on a very long chin like Hiller. A short to moderate chin works best. IMO...

Nice work.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RichMan said:

Off a CCM? I find that some paint jobs/designs can only work on certain mask shapes/designs. You couldn't put that paint job on a Bauer cause of the flipped chin or on a very long chin like Hiller. A short to moderate chin works best. IMO...

Nice work.

It's actually a brand new Koho 570. I completely agree, Brodeur's design looks off on other masks. 

Thank you!

Edited by Inferno
  • Like 2