Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

On 3/25/2024 at 3:26 PM, jerd31 said:

Love my VE8 Pro Carbon chesty but the upper bicep/shoulder stingers several times a week were starting to add up, so stitched together some padding that sits under the shoulder floater and covers the absolute emptiness the C/A has in this space.  They’re made up of 1/8” Volara foam, 3/8” LD45 foam and topped with 1/4” HD80 foam.  Used black 420 nylon to cover them.  

IMG_9186.thumb.jpeg.c44368925b16674439d1fe79675cc412.jpeg

Nice job here! I'm sure that does the trick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After a mini-retirement after getting elbowed in the dome in late-2021, I ordered a new (to me) Bauer Elite Chesty, Warrior Ritual X3 pants (on major sale on GoalieMonkey), and a new cup and suspenders. Very much looking forward to getting on the ice again! Been 4 years since I got my Optik 2s.

20200311_175022_Original.jpeg

• Like 9

19 hours ago, FriarGoalie35 said:

After a mini-retirement after getting elbowed in the dome in late-2021, I ordered a new (to me) Bauer Elite Chesty, Warrior Ritual X3 pants (on major sale on GoalieMonkey), and a new cup and suspenders. Very much looking forward to getting on the ice again! Been 4 years since I got my Optik 2s.

Love the colour scheme. Well done!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, creasecollector said:

Love the colour scheme. Well done!

Thank you! I got them basically a couple days before everything shutdown in 2020. Had an alumni skate and a beer league game that I got to use them in that weekend. Really, only got to use them probably a dozen or so times between pandemic closures and life before getting that conky.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2024 at 4:27 AM, FriarGoalie35 said:

You have great taste for colours 😉.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2024 at 9:48 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

I laughed when I saw it on his story as well. Good for it still being out there. I think the set itself with 1 glove went to North Dakota... and the spare glove to Virginia. Was a great set... just couldn't get used to the break angle of that glove.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mgoodnight10203 said:

IMG_3426.thumb.jpeg.e8defe0ede23302c386a8c8513b1f2bd.jpeg

Should be in my possession early next week. Can’t wait.  Mandalorian inspired because I’m a big Star Wars geek.  Now I gotta work on getting my mask wrapped to match. 

You also gotta share the spec sheet.

28 minutes ago, keeperton said:

You also gotta share the spec sheet.

legs

32+2.5

Thin stiff single break core

single outer break

regular boot angle, soft flex boot

recessed knee with removable outer flap

No boot strap

Glove-

580 game ready extra

single t

blocker- 

• Like 1

So I finally changed my mask. It has been long overdue. I choose Warrior R/F1. I bought it for christmas but I tested the mask just last night during game. I took me a while because I wanted to paint it. I did all of that by myself. It's not perfect but consider that I did that for the first time and I didn't have any professional tools I'm happy with the result.

I also grabed two Warrior RM1 Sr+ sticks for cheep and tested them for almost full season.

IMG_20240405_234215.jpg

IMG_20240405_234222.jpg

IMG_20240406_133844.jpg

IMG_20240405_194136.jpg

IMG_20240405_194153.jpg

IMG_20240405_194202.jpg

IMG_20240406_133936.jpg

• Like 6

@Nohtaram you just made me rethink how much life I may have left in my 14 year old Fusion 9961.  I just black sharpied in a small chip on the chin and thinking this is the end.  But you ran this into the ground real good.  Got your money's worth.  

Nice job on the new mask as well.  Pro or no?  Like it?  What size did you get for your melon?  

Which curve did you get for the m1?  Like them after a season of testing?

Edited by dreadlocked1
Last 2 paragraphs added

12 hours ago, dreadlocked1 said:

@Nohtaram you just made me rethink how much life I may have left in my 14 year old Fusion 9961.  I just black sharpied in a small chip on the chin and thinking this is the end.  But you ran this into the ground real good.  Got your money's worth.  

Nice job on the new mask as well.  Pro or no?  Like it?  What size did you get for your melon?  

Which curve did you get for the m1?  Like them after a season of testing?

The change was definitely overdue :D But I get that chin repair twice in the past with some degree of success :D 

New mask is Warrior R/F1 Pro (the top one) in size M/L. After one game in it it felt good. I get a shot straight in the face during warm up (of course) and was absolutely fine. I play with guys who used to play in top leagues in Belarus, Ukraine and Poland so there are few who know how to shoot the puck so good face protection is a must :D

Not sure what that curve is exactly. I guess Quick - the one that is similar to Bauer most common one. I didn't put much though on that purchase. They were cheep.

Comparing to Bauer Ultrasonic, CCM Premiere (first and second one) and CCM Eflex it's definitely different level. Bauer and CCMs were top end sticks and Warrior is second price point so there are lot of differences. Top end sticks were a lot better with dealing with vibrations when blocking shots - it's massive difference and was quite suppressed actually. CCMs (especially Premiere series) were the best in terms of deflecting pucks to corner/glass/netting when Bauer US and Warrior M1 are quite similar. The easiest to play with the puck was by far Bauer US; M1 needed some time to get used to - it's not terrible but playing puck takes more effort. Had a chance to shot couple pucks with Warrior R/V1 (top one I think) in one size bigger then I use and it was much easier. So I would say M1 is not the best line for puck handling goalies - budget Bauer like Supreme 170 was actually pretty good.

But overall I'm happy with that purchase. Durability is great (only few small chips on the paint), performance is OK and they are not heavy.

• Like 1

Buddy of mine told me about a 30% off goalie gear sale at a LHS. Finally got a new chestie - and in a proper size. When I started, 5-6 years ago, the Warrior chestie I got at PIAS was the one used piece I never replaced. However, it was a small, when I should be in a medium (at least) I did like the Warrior, but I was starting to feel shots. 

Also picket up a new Warrior mask. My old Bauer C2 would have been “illegal” in the states, based in the sticker. 

I’ve used the chestie, and really liked it. Maybe a bit hot, but nothing too crazy. Haven’t used the mask yet though. In a bit of a lull after my winter season ended.

IMG_5995.jpeg

IMG_5996.jpeg

IMG_6004.jpeg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Buddy of mine told me about a 30% off goalie gear sale at a LHS. Finally got a new chestie - and in a proper size. When I started, 5-6 years ago, the Warrior chestie I got at PIAS was the one used piece I never replaced. However, it was a small, when I should be in a medium (at least) I did like the Warrior, but I was starting to feel shots. 

Also picket up a new Warrior mask. My old Bauer C2 would have been “illegal” in the states, based in the sticker. 

I’ve used the chestie, and really liked it. Maybe a bit hot, but nothing too crazy. Haven’t used the mask yet though. In a bit of a lull after my winter season ended.

IMG_5995.jpeg

IMG_5996.jpeg

IMG_6004.jpeg

LHS?

Let us know how the arms are on that Elite. Curious.

New to me Vapor X900 pads. I've been looking for some Bauer Vapor pads to try them out but they always seem to be badly broken (surprise?) or overly pricey. And the offerings have been really limited as Supreme has been much more available.

There are some things to sort out before trying these on ice. Like adding toe straps and the bridge that previous(?) owner has cut off for some reason. Some strappping needs to be fixed and velcro replaced. 

And a bit of cleaning with magic eraser. In the picture right pad has already been operated.

DSC_2056_p.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/13/2024 at 8:22 PM, ArdeFIN said:

New to me Vapor X900 pads. I've been looking for some Bauer Vapor pads to try them out but they always seem to be badly broken (surprise?) or overly pricey. And the offerings have been really limited as Supreme has been much more available.

There are some things to sort out before trying these on ice. Like adding toe straps and the bridge that previous(?) owner has cut off for some reason. Some strappping needs to be fixed and velcro replaced. 

And a bit of cleaning with magic eraser. In the picture right pad has already been operated.

DSC_2056_p.jpg

I've been looking for Vapor 1X pads for over a year for the same reason. will there be a topic on restoration? look forward to

7 hours ago, ser33 said:

I've been looking for Vapor 1X pads for over a year for the same reason. will there be a topic on restoration? look forward to

1X are usually destroyed (skin atleast!) as they are used a lot more than these SR level pads. 

Propably not going to do any major restoration on these as there really isn't a lot to do. Some velcroes were worn and I already replaced those. Opening the whole pad isn't what I'm looking forward to, atleast not in the near future. But maybe at some point.

Tomorrow I'll give these a try without plastic slideplates. A bit afraid of that but if there is not enough speed then I'll just make some plates. It seems really easy to add the plates to these knee blocks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chile57 said:

LHS = L(ocal) H(ockey) S(hop)

Pretty sure at least.

Ha - yes, you got it. Apologies for using such an ambiguous initialism. 

@RichMan - will let you know if there are any notes on the arms, but given what I’m coming out of, I can’t see it being anything but a net improvement (get it? NET improvement! 😁😋)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Ha - yes, you got it. Apologies for using such an ambiguous initialism. 

@RichMan - will let you know if there are any notes on the arms, but given what I’m coming out of, I can’t see it being anything but a net improvement (get it? NET improvement! 😁😋)

Between that and THS, TGC, GH, GM, PSH, PHL, PIAS...sounds like a government board meeting 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2