Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

2 hours ago, Toobs said:

Hey all, new to the board, but thought I’d show off my new set. Custom SLR3 with an XP70 glove. 

91004DDF-7CBF-4962-8DA9-443CAE9C5BDF.jpeg

Awesome looking set, congrats.  And welcome to the forum.  Is that your first custom set?

56 minutes ago, AdamL said:

The XP gloves do not have a laced-in break, that glove does. It's probably either an SLR3 glove or a V9 two-piece glove with the appearance of a solid cuff.

Isn't the board on the XP gloves usually flat too?  The normal Velocity gloves have the curl like yours does @Toobs.  Was that an option for you as well?

11 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Awesome looking set, congrats.  And welcome to the forum.  Is that your first custom set?

Isn't the board on the XP gloves usually flat too?  The normal Velocity gloves have the curl like yours does @Toobs.  Was that an option for you as well?

Thanks! I’ve been a lurker here for a while, finally decided to make an account. 

Sadly not my first custom set, I’m a bit of a gear whore. First Vaughn custom set since V5s in 2011 though.

With the glove, I really only wanted the break angle of the XP70 as I’m a 580 user, but felt like the XP look didn’t mesh as well with the retro look, so asked Vaughn to make an XP70 look as retro as possible and this is what they came up with. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AdamL said:

XP70
IMG_2287.jpeg.a34cdad38f30218caeddf2cfbf39bb85.jpeg

Regular V10 (50*?)

IMG_2286.thumb.jpeg.c9ad74d2387d4079f2629b9daf248085.jpeg
🤷‍♂️IMG_2284.thumb.jpeg.7174198436ce0cfb4685587779db1fd2.jpeg

Negative, see my other reply but basically asked Vaughn to make an xp70 with as retro look as possible, as I really just wanted the break angle as I’m a 580 user.

And this is a V9 glove, Vaughn wasn’t doing custom graphics on the V10 when I ordered it 6 months ago lol.

Edited by Toobs

6 minutes ago, Toobs said:

Thanks! I’ve been a lurker here for a while, finally decided to make an account. 

Sadly not my first custom set, I’m a bit of a gear whore. First Vaughn custom set since V5s in 2011 though.

With the glove, I really only wanted the break angle of the XP70 as I’m a 580 user, but felt like the XP look didn’t mesh as well with the retro look, so asked Vaughn to make an XP70 look as retro as possible and this is what they came up with. 

Nice man, you're gonna fit in very well with us here, then.  I'm in Bauer now but I've had custom V1, V4, V6, VE8, and V9 sets.  Lifelong Vaughn user.  

1 minute ago, Toobs said:

Negative, see my other reply but basically asked Vaughn to make an xp70 with as retro look as possible, as I really just wanted the break angle as I’m a 580 user.

I'm not saying you didn't order the XP70, just that it looks like they messed up.  The entire shape of the glove looks off from the XP model.  I guess maybe they could have started with the V10 build and then built the break to be more like 70*? It doesn't really look like it in this case, but that's more or less what they did with the XP70 versus the original 60* version.

Is the set in your hands yet or still on its way from the dealer?

25 minutes ago, AdamL said:

I'm not saying you didn't order the XP70, just that it looks like they messed up.  The entire shape of the glove looks off from the XP model.  I guess maybe they could have started with the V10 build and then built the break to be more like 70*? It doesn't really look like it in this case, but that's more or less what they did with the XP70 versus the original 60* version.

Is the set in your hands yet or still on its way from the dealer?

It’s still being shipped, but I’ve got a close relationship with my dealer who checked out the set for me and said everything was as ordered. Guess I’ll find out in a week or so

28 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Nice man, you're gonna fit in very well with us here, then.  I'm in Bauer now but I've had custom V1, V4, V6, VE8, and V9 sets.  Lifelong Vaughn user.  

Nice. in the past 3 years I’ve had custom Gnetik Vs, Hyperlites, PX3s, and now this. Stoked how the set turned out, it’s my first retro brown set.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2023 at 10:55 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

Wish I could've warned you those weren't NHL pants. Saw those at my current local monkey sports and even though they're definitely better than retail models their still not quite HPG14 pants

Heh, yeah. You're playing in Sweden ATM right? As I bought my pants from Monkey Sports Europe, Sweden 😃

I've now had 6 skates in these and they are just what I wanted. Only thing what I didn't expect is that the waist part is super high and stiff. It doesn't bother at all when on ice but in the locker room it makes things a bit tedious. Well this can propably change after a while when they get more use and soften a little.

Don't know about the HPG14 pants, never seen them IRL but these HPG12 are as good as I need them to be. 👌 And I really don't miss the rounded HPG14 style at all. As if I knew how they really are but anyways.

Edited by ArdeFIN
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Toobs said:

Nice. in the past 3 years I’ve had custom Gnetik Vs, Hyperlites, PX3s, and now this. Stoked how the set turned out, it’s my first retro brown set.

Nice!  Once you've had a chance to get the SLR3s out on the ice a few times a comparison/review would be interesting to hear.  That's a solid lineup of gear.  :jealous:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2023 at 7:19 AM, Hockey34 said:

Just got a TGC spec Bauer vapor90. It’s  really comfortable and super easy to close straight out of the box. 

It’s a game ready, double T reinforced 185C8918-C41D-4FA5-8CE1-B0EB2F20F60B.thumb.jpeg.478b5a28d66a2cfcc91c1e3abd1a27d9.jpeg

Haven’t got it on the ice yet, will do that Sunday but super excited to use it. 

Just realized how short the thumb is. Assuming the cuff area is still the 8" by 4". Is the perimeter length anywhere near to the 45" limit?

New to me mask. Got it pretty cheap while it didn't look too bad for the price. I wanted to see the differences between Profile and NME and while I had the NME already I also needed a Profile and 960XPM it is.

DSC_1710_p.thumb.jpg.94bbb94e4a5b1872527332e796392470.jpg

I then found out the reason for the cheap price, the foams need a complete wash and cleaning which isn't too bad of a job itself. But getting the foam and all the screws and nuts off of the mask shell was a hell of a job. Most of them were just a bit rusted (the nuts, screws are stainless) but the lowest strap buttons were rusted in to their place. I had to drill them through and all inside them so I could get them off.

Other than that the shell seems okayish and needs some cleaning and minor fixing but nothing critical.

Cage is wasted and needs to be replaced if I can find a new one, straps might still be usable and easy to get new ones if needed. 

Interesting to see how it fits my head when accomplished.

6 hours ago, IpaddyTECH said:

Nice work on the mask. And those M5's! How do you like the pads? 

Love the pads, added the goalnet version of the tow ties but the glove has horrible strapping. The other bauer lines have the normal lower wrist conventional 90° strap, this thing has this angled wrist strap from like the bottom of the thumb and then diagonally across my lower wrist on the pinky side, it never feels secure I'm always fidgeting with it and I can't stand it! There's two strapping options the first one does go straight across but it's way higher on the wrist. Always feels like it's falling off I hate it. Out of the box though it was absolutely game ready, could have used it that day without breaking it in but of course I did. I despise the graphics of the line too, but the leg pads themselves are rocket ships.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ArdeFIN said:

Just realized how short the thumb is. Assuming the cuff area is still the 8" by 4". Is the perimeter length anywhere near to the 45" limit?

So just measured it it’s about a 41” perimeter and the cuff is 8” by 5”.

My Mach is about a 43” perimeter and the cuff is 8” by 5” also.

On 11/12/2023 at 1:14 AM, Cool Runnings said:

Love the pads, added the goalnet version of the tow ties but the glove has horrible strapping. The other bauer lines have the normal lower wrist conventional 90° strap, this thing has this angled wrist strap from like the bottom of the thumb and then diagonally across my lower wrist on the pinky side, it never feels secure I'm always fidgeting with it and I can't stand it! There's two strapping options the first one does go straight across but it's way higher on the wrist. Always feels like it's falling off I hate it. Out of the box though it was absolutely game ready, could have used it that day without breaking it in but of course I did. I despise the graphics of the line too, but the leg pads themselves are rocket ships.  

I agree with you about the glove and pads both. I went warrior G6/1 for my glove with kova strap and adore it. But I plan on m5 pads and either a Mach or m5 blocker. Do you find the m5 blocker protective enough despite not being pro level?

That's funny, I actually really like the Mach/M5 graphic. I plan to get all black, and I like the cold, sort of mechanical or technological look of the pads. Sort of subconsciously suggests goalies are advanced, evil, feelingless robots bent on denying goals to others. Kinda true right? or am I way overreading into this, getting all artsy-fartsy. ;) 

Realistically I cannot call these action shots. Show off my gear, I suppose so.

Five years ago our local Junior A Team, the West Kelowna Warriors, wore these tribute jerseys on November 11, known as Remembrance Day in Canada. We honour the memories of those Canadian Soldiers, past and present, who have represented our Nation over the years.

I was able to get a Goaltender’s Jersey from that day. Each year I wear this uniform in honour of my Dad who was a Sgt/Wireless Air Gunner in the Royal Canadian Air Force in WWII.

Today is that day. Then it goes back on my wall until next year.

Please disregard the hokey poses but photographers don’t come to our games. No one comes to our games.

But this year’s Warriors Team practice right after us. They would never have seen this jersey until now. I got a whole bunch of thumbs up and banging on the glass today.

We lost 5-3, bummer ………….

IMG_0646.jpeg

IMG_0649.jpeg

IMG_0651.jpeg

Edited by Wonder35
Spelling
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 11/13/2023 at 12:19 AM, Hockey34 said:

So just measured it it’s about a 41” perimeter and the cuff is 8” by 5”.

My Mach is about a 43” perimeter and the cuff is 8” by 5” also.

Eh, you sure about those measurements? 🫣 As it's 45" limit in rules and I've never seen SR sized glove that would be more than about an inch below that. 4" is a huge length which also affects the area of the glove, a lot if that 41" is correct 🧐 

I have no doubt on your measurement as if you weren't able to get it right but the result is just...

I think the Int size is limited to 43" for perimeter?

I believe it was the other week I was somewhat lamenting over in the "Show Off Your Action Photos" thread that I wasn't quite fully matching... or at all for that matter.

In any case, I took some steps to rectify that. Still not "fully" matching, but I can't quit Warrior catchers. 

PXL_20231115_022252178.jpg

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Kayen said:

I believe it was the other week I was somewhat lamenting over in the "Show Off Your Action Photos" thread that I wasn't quite fully matching... or at all for that matter.

In any case, I took some steps to rectify that. Still not "fully" matching, but I can't quit Warrior catchers. 

PXL_20231115_022252178.jpg

Nice new pillows. 

Don't be tempted to try other gloves, you'll just be wasting your time and money. 

• Like 2