Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

56 minutes ago, Madmedic6 said:

Sad to see you depart the 580 life 😭

I tried! I really did. And there's some aspects of the 580 I really love, like when you snag one it feels fantastic the way it snaps shut and swallows up the puck No pop outs with that thing. My challenge was I never got completely comfortable with where the pocket was in space, and because of its size and shape it feels longer and a bit cumbersome and I've realized I'm less athletic with my glove when I'm using it as opposed to a 590. I think the 590 just fits my hand better. Even just breaking in the True this evening (it only arrived today at noon), it already feels like old familiar. 

Edited by froese

On 1/9/2024 at 2:50 PM, froese said:

The Hockey Shop Boxing Week sale got to me (L20.2). I'm going back to a 590 after enjoying my eflex 6 580 but just never feeling fully comfortable. 

PXL_20240109_175233934.MP.jpg

Went to a True 580 (L20.2) as well after a relatively failed effort to make Axis 580 work. Doesn't fully feel like the 580s of decades gone by... but it is MUCH better than the CCM 580.

20 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Went to a True 580 (L20.2) as well after a relatively failed effort to make Axis 580 work. Doesn't fully feel like the 580s of decades gone by... but it is MUCH better than the CCM 580.

The eflex was my first 580 experience so I can't compare my experience to the originals but good to know the True felt better, maybe I'll give it a try at some point. I used a Koho/Lefevre 590 for a bunch of years before the Vaughn V9 XP (590-ish), so the True is a return to more of what I'm used to. I have to say though, in terms of feel and build, the eflex 6 580 feels closer to the construction of the Koho than the L20.2 does. The L20.2 feels lighter, more nimble and more modern than the CCM (again, I'm just talking build quality). What did you not like about the Axis?

On 1/10/2024 at 12:56 PM, Madmedic6 said:

I finally made the stray away from ccm/koho pants for the first time since 2005... Decided to do something fun as I was ordering custom for shorter length. Turned out better than I thought they would. Slr4. Xl -2" 

PXL_20240110_173427349.jpg

Let us know what you think. I have the last gen of these pants and I’m enjoying them. Do you tuck or no? 

4 hours ago, RichMan said:

I finally found some quiet time, gathered my supplies and proceeded to put my idea in motion. I'm no pro but I'm kinda happy with the outcome 😊

And voilà!

20240111_200942.jpg

20240111_200953.jpg

20240111_201001.jpg

20240111_212642.jpg

20240111_212650.jpg

20240111_212659.jpg

Great, I like the idea & how it looks 👍.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Let us know what you think. I have the last gen of these pants and I’m enjoying them. Do you tuck or no? 

After coming from ccm pro stock I will say the inner thigh 5hole padding is much thicker and takes some getting use to, definitely hindered 5 hole closer more than normal. I do not tuck, but I did take out the internal belt for a little extra room on the inside. But all in all the padding and protection seem solid. 

• Like 2

On 1/12/2024 at 10:55 AM, Madmedic6 said:

After coming from ccm pro stock I will say the inner thigh 5hole padding is much thicker and takes some getting use to, definitely hindered 5 hole closer more than normal. I do not tuck, but I did take out the internal belt for a little extra room on the inside. But all in all the padding and protection seem solid. 

Yeah w/ my slr3 I get some issues at times with closing the five hole cause of that thigh padding and it’s not removable unless of course I cut the elastic and surrounding nylon, but also don’t want to sacrifice protection from the weird shots that get through. Wondering if v10 has the same issue. 

3 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Yeah w/ my slr3 I get some issues at times with closing the five hole cause of that thigh padding and it’s not removable unless of course I cut the elastic and surrounding nylon, but also don’t want to sacrifice protection from the weird shots that get through. Wondering if v10 has the same issue. 

I always saw the extra bar as a cheater and it does hinder closing the 5 hole somewhat. I removed the excess on all my pants and just kept the simple LD block. It's usually thinner. I have caught a stinger or 2 on the inner thigh cause things are a little looser. Don't know if it's like that in the pros.

Itech was known for having oversized cheaters inside the thighs and along the outside of the thighs. 

11 hours ago, RichMan said:

I always saw the extra bar as a cheater and it does hinder closing the 5 hole somewhat. I removed the excess on all my pants and just kept the simple LD block. It's usually thinner. I have caught a stinger or 2 on the inner thigh cause things are a little looser. Don't know if it's like that in the pros.

Itech was known for having oversized cheaters inside the thighs and along the outside of the thighs. 

Ah Itech... my old flame. You'll be missed. 

I use warrior pro pants and to me it feels perfect, moma bear sized. Not too big to interfere with closure, not too thin to leave you open to stingers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IpaddyTECH said:

Ah Itech... my old flame. You'll be missed. 

I use warrior pro pants and to me it feels perfect, moma bear sized. Not too big to interfere with closure, not too thin to leave you open to stingers. 

I don't know how old you are but I remember using some D&R Panta pants and the thigh guard went around to the inner thigh instead of a separate piece like today's pants. They were cool and kinda form fit, but not as snug as Tackla was.

Edited by RichMan

This just came today.

Vapor90, boring colors but I made it to match my retail set, Game ready, single T reinforced, skate lace pocket, ultrasonic nash palm, and of course it came right after a string of excellent games and finally getting used to the HL2 glove 😂

front.jpg

back.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Phil1p33 said:

This just came today.

Vapor90, boring colors but I made it to match my retail set, Game ready, single T reinforced, skate lace pocket, ultrasonic nash palm, and of course it came right after a string of excellent games and finally getting used to the HL2 glove 😂

front.jpg

back.jpg

Awesome! I have mine coming hopefully end of this coming week. Got rid of the Mach and trying the vapor 90.

how was the closure out of the box? I could never get the Mach to close fully or comfortably 

39 minutes ago, xmikex32 said:

Awesome! I have mine coming hopefully end of this coming week. Got rid of the Mach and trying the vapor 90.

how was the closure out of the box? I could never get the Mach to close fully or comfortably 

Nice! I honestly wasn't expecting mine for another couple of weeks but got the email Tuesday that it shipped.

Closure out of the box was better than expected. Feels nice and snappy but not too loose, I imagine I'd feel a little looser without the reinforced T. Light years better than my HL2 glove but that was off the shelf retail so kinda to be expected.

2 hours ago, Phil1p33 said:

Nice! I honestly wasn't expecting mine for another couple of weeks but got the email Tuesday that it shipped.

Closure out of the box was better than expected. Feels nice and snappy but not too loose, I imagine I'd feel a little looser without the reinforced T. Light years better than my HL2 glove but that was off the shelf retail so kinda to be expected.

What is better than the HL2? I was about to pick up one before o decided to get the V90. Mach didn’t feel nice and I liked the closure of the vapor glove. I never tried one on the ice just off the rack.