2017-2018 NHL Gear Sitings

TheGoalNet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Hills said:

They do not have size restrictions like the NHL.

((Sorry misread that))... Remember the whole Corey Hirsch thing a year or two ago? They are trying to cut goalie gear WAY down. 

After the 04-05 lockout, I believe the max was set at 38" or 40" total (but guys would get around it by shortening boots, different strapping etc. - Just like now!) 

Around 2010-2011, pad size was restricted to the common equation we see today.  Limited Distance Sizing -   4in (for skates) + floor to middle of knee (inches) + 55% thigh (middle of knee cap to hip bone I believe).

In the past few years they have cut the LDS back to 45%. I personally wear a 36+1.5 pad, if I were in the NHL, my total length of pad would be about 36.25. There are size restrictions in the NHL.

2 hours ago, Hills said:

They do not have size restrictions like the NHL.

12 minutes ago, AG37 said:

((Sorry misread that))... Remember the whole Corey Hirsch thing a year or two ago? They are trying to cut goalie gear WAY down. 

After the 04-05 lockout, I believe the max was set at 38" or 40" total (but guys would get around it by shortening boots, different strapping etc. - Just like now!) 

Around 2010-2011, pad size was restricted to the common equation we see today.  Limited Distance Sizing -   4in (for skates) + floor to middle of knee (inches) + 55% thigh (middle of knee cap to hip bone I believe).

In the past few years they have cut the LDS back to 45%. I personally wear a 36+1.5 pad, if I were in the NHL, my total length of pad would be about 36.25. There are size restrictions in the NHL.

Read his post again 

48 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

Not to poo-poo on all the hard work that goes into stitching these graphics, but man...these are about as boring as the Winter Classic is gonna be. 

DRqlb9zW4AAbQio.jpg

So....... what’s the point of having the number on each piece.  Super bland 

58 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

So....... what’s the point of having the number on each piece.  Super bland 

To be fair his name is Chad Johnson. With a name as bland as that it is his destiny to be bland.

Now Blade Mann-Dixon on the other hand...that is a spicy name!

11 minutes ago, Pauly35or00 said:

Now I know Lundqvist doesn't close his glove when he catches but I just saw an up-close shot of his mitt and it almost looking like the top of the T was basically hard plastic. Looked weird.

Basically a big pancake. Which I guess is why his rebound control is so atrocious. 

On 12/23/2017 at 7:59 PM, Moose75 said:

Not to poo-poo on all the hard work that goes into stitching these graphics, but man...these are about as boring as the Winter Classic is gonna be. 

I totally forgot about the Winter Classic this year. Sabres again I know. Who are they playing? Is it at Rich Stadium again? I see that USA v Canada is there this Friday. THAT looks awesome to watch (on TV).

42 minutes ago, MTH said:

I totally forgot about the Winter Classic this year. Sabres again I know. Who are they playing? Is it at Rich Stadium again? I see that USA v Canada is there this Friday. THAT looks awesome to watch (on TV).

They picked two of the most easily forgettable teams, so that’s understandable.

2 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

They picked two of the most easily forgettable teams, so that’s understandable.

I hate the Rangers, least favorite team in the league... but one of the most easily forgettable? C'mon.

They're an Original 6, they play in one of biggest cities in the world, and their goalie's been one of the most recognizable faces of the league since the 2005 lockout.

Archived