The Factory Mad Glove and Blocker

3 hours ago, Naz said:

With the type of closure on the glove, how is it for gripping the shaft of the stick when playing the puck?

I have found that one benefit of the finger curl, is how it wraps the shaft of the stick.

This is flat and will close similar to a T5500

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure if this is the best place to post this... but I coulnd't find a PIAS/Kijiji/Craigslist sighting thread. Does one exist on this site?

Anyways, theres a well used but serviceable pair of Factory Mad gloves in Sens colours at the PIAS on Innes Rd in Ottawa. $80 a glove. The catch glove could use new bindings but felt good. Didn't get a picture of the blocker.

IMG_0485.JPG

Seems like a deal if you can make it work with those colors! I'd see what the cost is to order new internals for the catch from Dennis and/or maybe see if there is a refurb place that can do the bindings for somewhat cheap.

55 minutes ago, Taco said:

Seems like a deal if you can make it work with those colors! I'd see what the cost is to order new internals for the catch from Dennis and/or maybe see if there is a refurb place that can do the bindings for somewhat cheap.

Ya... unfortunately for me I'm an All Black/Solid Colour guy. Prime candidate for Padskinz though. Changing the graphic colour would take no time at all. 

• 2 months later...

Factory Mad, bar none, makes the MOST fantastic glove; however- you MUST remember a few things:

1) Finger to thumb closure; don’t even THINK about that one Koho closure that closes with your middle finger or whatever; he ONLY builds HIS glove with his closure and nobody else’s.

2) He includes one insert for his glove, that insert is his version of a practise palm. This may have changed.

3) He does some customisation including some pretty detailed embroidery. If it is embroidery is anything too much beyond your name, it will cost you. Graphics are the same way- he will do reasonable ones for nothing extra; duplucating Trevor Kidd’s Flames set up will cost you.

4) He will not copy anyone else’s glove, nor will he mod the design of his own stuff much. 

5) He is expensive, but you work with him and him ALONE. Who gets to work with Brian, Jeremiah Bauer, Cornelius CCM or Will Warrior?

Dennis is a GREAT guy. He has built quite a few things for me including a glove, a blocker, two neck guards and knee guards, as well as building me tonnes of small parts. I do not want #1 to be off-putting, as he is as humble and down to Earth about his position on things; he just will ONLY build his own stuff, that’s all!

On 6/18/2018 at 7:53 AM, craig said:

Not sure if this is the best place to post this... but I coulnd't find a PIAS/Kijiji/Craigslist sighting thread. Does one exist on this site?

Anyways, theres a well used but serviceable pair of Factory Mad gloves in Sens colours at the PIAS on Innes Rd in Ottawa. $80 a glove. The catch glove could use new bindings but felt good. Didn't get a picture of the blocker.

IMG_0485.JPG

Ahhh maaan, I'm in Montreal, the colors would work for me! 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, CharlieB29 said:

Any opinions on the pads from anyone? Anyone who has tried CCM EFlex pads know if they're similar to Dennis'? To Dennis' pads seal well, and do they slide well?

Dennis' pads will be softer and have more tortional flex. They are more like a Velocity spin off.

If you know what you like in a pad and talk with Dennis, he might be able to dial something in.

• 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Imperative said:

Anyone have a used factory mad glove they are looking to sell? 

There's one on Sidelineswap.  Think the guys name is Kaner or something like that.  I was looking into it, but I had a Vaughn V7 XR Pro Carbon that Dennis modded, so I pretty much know what to expect.

On 11/29/2018 at 3:29 PM, jayluv54 said:

There's one on Sidelineswap.  Think the guys name is Kaner or something like that.  I was looking into it, but I had a Vaughn V7 XR Pro Carbon that Dennis modded, so I pretty much know what to expect.

Thanks I went and checked it out, see if he will ship to me in Canada 

Archived