Warrior sizing

Ken35

2 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

What is your guys fit guarantee? Tried a quick google search and didn’t find anything. 

Im still trying to narrow down my sizing, not being able to go and try on some is driving me crazy. 

it if u order custom and it doesnt fit and u havent wore it on the ice they will make another one in ur size thats all

On 4/2/2020 at 5:32 PM, Quadzilla32 said:

What is your guys fit guarantee? Tried a quick google search and didn’t find anything. 

Im still trying to narrow down my sizing, not being able to go and try on some is driving me crazy. 

Fit Guarantee is for any Custom leg pad order.  Simply put, if you order a set of pads and they show up and you wish you'd ordered a different size we'll take the pads back from you and build a new set in the desired size.  Ultimately, we want you to be happy with your gear and feel your best in it.  Full details can be found at the link here..

https://www.warrior.com/Custom-Hockey-Goalie-Fit-Guarantee.html

21 minutes ago, Kirk3190 said:

Fit Guarantee is for any Custom leg pad order.  Simply put, if you order a set of pads and they show up and you wish you'd ordered a different size we'll take the pads back from you and build a new set in the desired size.  Ultimately, we want you to be happy with your gear and feel your best in it.  Full details can be found at the link here..

https://www.warrior.com/Custom-Hockey-Goalie-Fit-Guarantee.html

Wow that’s pretty awesome for a company to do that. It’s things like that which keep lifelong customers. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Wow that’s pretty awesome for a company to do that. It’s things like that which keep lifelong customers. 

That's the goal!  If you want the pads to work well, they need to fit well.  Unlike any other piece of gear really leg pads are a big investment.  We wan't you to feel happy with your purchase and play well in the crease!

On 3/31/2020 at 9:58 PM, Quadzilla32 said:

This look roughly like your FTK?  I would say I’m between 19.5 and 19.75 

DFF36E38-27BC-46A4-BC20-5DF0D5ADB440.jpeg

F5524279-7964-4A74-A376-CFA0367677CD.jpeg

37BAE154-BB25-48B5-8368-AA924200E706.jpeg

This brings up a good point, whether using ATK or FTK..floor or ankle is pretty easy, but, where exactly on the knee do you measure to..my best guess from these pictures is 20"..but, depending upon where on the knee you could argue anywhere from 19-20.5 inches. Is there a definitive spot to measure to? The diagrams I've seen from both Warrior and CCM are not exactly drawn to scale; but, missing by an inch or inch and a half definitely impacts sizing if trying to order online without a store available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CBnCO said:

This brings up a good point, whether using ATK or FTK..floor or ankle is pretty easy, but, where exactly on the knee do you measure to..my best guess from these pictures is 20"..but, depending upon where on the knee you could argue anywhere from 19-20.5 inches. Is there a definitive spot to measure to? The diagrams I've seen from both Warrior and CCM are not exactly drawn to scale; but, missing by an inch or inch and a half definitely impacts sizing if trying to order online without a store available.

Passau actually posted yesterday where to measure to find your pivot point and that is where you want to measure to according to warrior and CCM. Using their chart I found out I was closer to 20 than 19.5  

7A5977C5-54BC-454E-8036-C1A2641ED32B.jpeg

Edited by Quadzilla32

16 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Passau actually posted yesterday where to measure to find your pivot point and that is where you want to measure to according to warrior and CCM. Using their chart I found out I was closer to 20 than 19.5  

7A5977C5-54BC-454E-8036-C1A2641ED32B.jpeg

This post got me thinking so I got out a tape yesterday and did both ATK and FTK measurements sitting and standing with knee slightly bent. Interesting, if you look at CCM sizing chart it says to measure standing, while the Warrior chart says measure while sitting. My measurements differed between sitting and standing by about 3/4 inch. My takeaway is that if you are looking for a perfect fit..go to a well stocked store and try everything on. If, you are like me with no store close and trying to take advantage of online deals, then you might ultimately have to use your best estimate and it will probably fit ok, if not perfect. 

I am curious what the general consensus is when between leg pad sizes..order up or down? Would you rather be just below or above center of knee block? 

1 hour ago, CBnCO said:

This post got me thinking so I got out a tape yesterday and did both ATK and FTK measurements sitting and standing with knee slightly bent. Interesting, if you look at CCM sizing chart it says to measure standing, while the Warrior chart says measure while sitting. My measurements differed between sitting and standing by about 3/4 inch. My takeaway is that if you are looking for a perfect fit..go to a well stocked store and try everything on. If, you are like me with no store close and trying to take advantage of online deals, then you might ultimately have to use your best estimate and it will probably fit ok, if not perfect. 

I am curious what the general consensus is when between leg pad sizes..order up or down? Would you rather be just below or above center of knee block? 

From what I was told it’s better to order up than down. Not so much with with stiffer pads these days but softer pads tend to settle a little more so I personally would rather have a pad that starts out a hair to big then settles a little bit then have a pad smaller then settle and be too small. My Simmons started out at 34 but once the boot broke in they settled a little bit and I noticed my thigh rise didn’t come out as much and I was landing a little higher. 

I would want to go up within reason to give me some more 5 hole coverage if they were stock pads. 

• 1 year later...

Wtf? Maybe @Kirk3190 can chime in here.

According to the Warrior suggested pad measurements, I'm a 35" or even 36".

I just got out of a shop and they only had 34" in the Senior GT. Tried them with my skates but no knee pads (at home drying) and not doing up the boot strap (it was too tight to achieve) and my knee fell just an inch or 2 from the top of the blocks.

How is that possible when my FKT is 20.5"?

37 minutes ago, RichMan said:

I just got out of a shop and they only had 34" in the Senior GT. Tried them with my skates but no knee pads (at home drying) and not doing up the boot strap (it was too tight to achieve) and my knee fell just an inch or 2 from the top of the blocks.

boot size?  what skate size are you?

49 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Dunno. My FTK is the same as yours, and I've worn a 35" G3, currently wearing a 36" G4. I found myself landing off the top of the block fairly consistently in my 35s. Have you tried them on ice yet?

Just to add to the my post, I just came back from PHL and tried on some 35" G4 Pros and here again, my knee lands about 2" from the top of the block edge. Is there a discrepancy between their models?

Side note: the G4 is lighter than the G5 despite the thinner thigh rise.

Side Side note: The Vaughn V8 catcher feels gooood :D. The Bauer 3X felt terrible on my hand. 

5 hours ago, RichMan said:

Just to add to the my post, I just came back from PHL and tried on some 35" G4 Pros and here again, my knee lands about 2" from the top of the block edge. Is there a discrepancy between their models?

Side Side note: The Vaughn V8 catcher feels gooood :D. The Bauer 3X felt terrible on my hand. 

I had a 35”+1.5” G4 and went to a 35”+2” G5 set this time. I wear the boot strap pretty tight and if I were to do it again I’d likely go with a 35”+1.5”. 

I had to sell my GT2 set because I kept missing the knee block on them (34”+1.5”) I got a used pair of G4s for them. 

6 hours ago, RichMan said:

I had this happen to me also. I was in 35+1.5 and was landing near the top of the block. When I ordered my G4's I went with a 36+0.5 as the overall length of the 35 was good, just wanted some extra height on the block to land center.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2020 at 10:17 AM, Kirk3190 said:

Sorry, the images didn't post.  Here they are.

leg-pad-sizing-blog-diagram-2.jpeg

leg-pad-sizing-blog-diagram-1.jpeg

@Kirk3190 in reference to the graphs, if I am a 20.5, either of the 34"+ or 35"+ would fit me?

On 3/31/2020 at 11:58 PM, Quadzilla32 said:

This look roughly like your FTK?  I would say I’m between 19.5 and 19.75 

DFF36E38-27BC-46A4-BC20-5DF0D5ADB440.jpeg

F5524279-7964-4A74-A376-CFA0367677CD.jpeg

37BAE154-BB25-48B5-8368-AA924200E706.jpeg

Looking at the pics, I'd figure you more a 20" on the dot. Am I wrong?

I'd like to add, I fit in a 34+2 CCM pad, but I currently wear a 36+1.5 Ritual GT pad. They were the same height as my Buddys 34+2 CCM P2 pads. IDK why its so different, but if youre looking for a sizing comparison that's what I have. I don't use a bootstrap and I use pro laces and I have a lot of boot flex so that might make a difference, but I think due to having a slightly smaller knee block, they size down. Warrior sizing is weird.

19 hours ago, Nashton said:

I'd like to add, I fit in a 34+2 CCM pad, but I currently wear a 36+1.5 Ritual GT pad. They were the same height as my Buddys 34+2 CCM P2 pads. IDK why its so different, but if youre looking for a sizing comparison that's what I have. I don't use a bootstrap and I use pro laces and I have a lot of boot flex so that might make a difference, but I think due to having a slightly smaller knee block, they size down. Warrior sizing is weird.

CCM/Lefebvre has always run bigger from the Koho days.

• 8 months later...

I've been happy with my GT SR pads in 33+1,5" with only wishing they had some extra to their thigh rise. Like 33+2,5" might be a bit too much already. But still with my GT I always feel having my skate exposed when stretching out and still having a bit too much opening in the 5hole when trying to close in.

I lately got into RBK XLT28 33+2" pads that were renewed and updated with elastic straps etc. They are better sizingvise than the GT, close the 5hole better and skates are hold in better. Which all are inevitable considering the bigger size. Still while the pads are updated to todays terms and the body was glued and fixed they feel kind of "old" even compared to the GT pads. Just to note I like playing in the RBK pads anyway but with splitting a few hairs they just aren't what I want from my pads.

So then it happens that I ran upon a pair of 34+1,5" G5 SR+ pads in nice condition and not badly priced and I pulled the trigger after a short thinking.

They are that 0,5" higher on knee block but that shouldn't be a huge problem as on GT I land dead center or even at 3/5 on the block. That 0,5" would take me down to 2/5 so still very much on block. The other 0,5" on thighrise should help me just enough with my 5hole problem.

After reading through a lot of topics here and reviews that I could find I'm still a bit confused about how the G5 would play compared to GT?

Ofcourse to be honest this is just some swimming in the sea of buyers regret that I'll get over as soon as the package arrives and I'll get upon the new to me pads to compare them side by side with the GT. 

Edited by ArdeFIN
Typo

I was really surprised when the size chart said I should be in a 35" pad for Warrior. This is because I would fit in a 34" pad anywhere else (Brian's, CCM, and Vaughn) except Bauer. However, it made sense, because Warrior measures by FTK, not ATK as most other manufacturers. My measurements were just too big to fit in a 34" Warrior pad (my FTK is 20.375, the cutoff for a 34" pad is 20.25).