NHL 2019-2020 Gear Sightings

Steph Lawa

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I also heard that Ian Clark was a major factor in Bobrosky and Co changing to almost all white pads in Columbus. So there may be some definite truth to that statement.

Ingoalmag’s post on IG confirms that. It also says what he wanted to do. It’s worth the look, but disappointing to see what he can’t wear. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Matt35 said:

Ingoalmag’s post on IG confirms that. It also says what he wanted to do. It’s worth the look, but disappointing to see what he can’t wear. 

@coopaloop1234 start cracking some skulls over there in Hippie Land

"Thatcher Demko’s new @goaliesonly pads for Canucks retro nights in this 50th season; originally wanted to do a Kirk McLean tribute but Vancouver goalies must have white outer rolls, per goalie coach Ian Clark" from InGoalMag as @Matt35 said

17 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I also heard that Ian Clark was a major factor in Bobrosky and Co changing to almost all white pads in Columbus. So there may be some definite truth to that statement.

Makes sense why Demko went from this:

Image result for thatcher demko canucks

To This:

Image result for thatcher demko canucks

Is the white based pad phenomenon not over yet?  Mrazek, Crow, Saros, Smith and countless others have led the darker based set resurgence with no issues.   

1 hour ago, cwarnar said:

@coopaloop1234 start cracking some skulls over there in Hippie Land

"Thatcher Demko’s new @goaliesonly pads for Canucks retro nights in this 50th season; originally wanted to do a Kirk McLean tribute but Vancouver goalies must have white outer rolls, per goalie coach Ian Clark" from InGoalMag as @Matt35 said

InGoal talked about this on one of their podcasts as well, maybe the one featuring Demko? 

It's so annoying to me for some reason. Like, is it just ego that he requires that of his goalies? Why just the outer roll? There's no statistical backing to this at all. Pure pseudoscience.

2 hours ago, cwarnar said:

I'm an idiot... Those are Dells Brian's pads.  Disregard.  Jones will keep his boring ass CCMs

Ha, yes.  

I didn't even register that.

For being mostly white,  Jones' gear is ok.  He gets the fingers on his blocker orange and that makes me real happy.

I don't think I've seen him this year yet....I do watch a lot of Sharks games.

Karlsson and Burns are my favorite non- goalies.

Hart? Whoever it is good on you.

EEbohepXoAIrNCH.jpeg.jpg

4 hours ago, seagoal said:

Ha, yes.  

I didn't even register that.

For being mostly white,  Jones' gear is ok.  He gets the fingers on his blocker orange and that makes me real happy.

I don't think I've seen him this year yet....I do watch a lot of Sharks games.

Karlsson and Burns are my favorite non- goalies.

Hart? Whoever it is good on you.

EEbohepXoAIrNCH.jpeg.jpg

Yea that’s Hart. Good to see a black based set in Philly! 

Archived