NHL 2019-2020 Gear Sightings

Steph Lawa

2 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Quicks new mask. I actually really like this a lot

B2B5E9FA-8060-406A-89F7-24D3C60FE4E5.jpeg

4FF5708C-0F58-4A88-B554-D21BE6E4F758.jpeg

4A0D4B41-0A86-4D33-B0BE-D8795FCC1CBB.jpeg

Wow.  This is strange,  indeed.

Well, I like the paint job it's just weird seeing Quick in something other than his usual helmet paint job.

Of note too that this is a  Sportmask harness style with no top strap/clip (a harness clone) and he's using what looks like his old Sportmask cage with the center bar routed behind the arc bar instead of in front.  This was always a custom request by Quick and was unique to him as far as Sportmasks go.  Ward's center bar was fully in front as is my own or any other Sportmask I've seen lately. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Quicks new mask. I actually really like this a lot

Is this the DaveArt paint?  I actually like it, and I wasn't a huge fan of his old design.

They missed an opportunity with the top straps.  Should have kept them cream colored to match the painted straps

7 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Is this the DaveArt paint?  I actually like it, and I wasn't a huge fan of his old design.

They missed an opportunity with the top straps.  Should have kept them cream colored to match the painted straps

Yup.  Quick switched mask makers and painters.  Couple that with his pad updates and it's big changes for him.

Curious if he slumps to start the season of he starts switching back to old gear

2 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Yup.  Quick switched mask makers and painters.  Couple that with his pad updates and it's big changes for him.

Curious if he slumps to start the season of he starts switching back to old gear

I get pad changes. I feel like switching from a foam core to a composite or ditching the cowling makes sense after a bad year 

I don’t get the mask change. PC basically developed their version of a Sportmask to get him... he clearly liked that mask 

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I get pad changes. I feel like switching from a foam core to a composite or ditching the cowling makes sense after a bad year 

I don’t get the mask change. PC basically developed their version of a Sportmask to get him... he clearly liked that mask 

Ya... I noticed that too.  I think Sportmask is the only mask maker that does a 4 point harness.  Makes no sense to me

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Similar thing happened when Mrazek used to use Warwick then switched to Vaughn... guess it’s a marketing type of thing..

Simple yet cool setup from Spartak Moscow in the K, only pro I've seen using the original Brians smart toes too:

[Just as aside - Brians seems to be doing really well in Russia at the minute, I've had three KHL games on in the background today whist I 'work', five of the six goalies had Brians pads on, with only one of those five having a different manufacturers gloves.]

Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 18.32.21.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 18.32.46.png

Archived