NHL 2019-2020 Gear Sightings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I’m able to confirm... 

Not an Axis, not a future EFlex, and not a Premier... it’s killing me not to share what this is with you, but hopefully it’s clear soon 

Looking closely I see a flat inner edge like an Eflex, a flat front like a Premier, and a boot that looks even more flat/tabletop than either (even flatter than Crow's Premier set).  The outer roll is standard thickness for either of CCM's current offerings.   The pad itself doesn't look much different (other than the flat face) from a standard, precurved EF4 although the inner knee area seems slightly off.  The boot break looks more like an EF4 Soft as opposed to UltraSoft, but on the left pad in the top picture it looks even steeper than that.  Could be the angle, my eyes playing tricks or me just wanting to see something as well. 

I'm guessing this is either a prototype for the EF5 or whatever it's replacement will be called or a new, 3rd line designed to sit between the two existing offerings from CCM.  If that's the case it could be offered in 2 different cores ala Optik and eventually replace Premier for those goalies who don't like the Axis line.

edit:  Or I could be a million miles off base and totally full of poo.  Either way it's fun to speculate.

38 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Looking closely I see a flat inner edge like an Eflex, a flat front like a Premier, and a boot that looks even more flat/tabletop than either (even flatter than Crow's Premier set).  The outer roll is standard thickness for either of CCM's current offerings.   The pad itself doesn't look much different (other than the flat face) from a standard, precurved EF4 although the inner knee area seems slightly off.  The boot break looks more like an EF4 Soft as opposed to UltraSoft, but on the left pad in the top picture it looks even steeper than that.  Could be the angle, my eyes playing tricks or me just wanting to see something as well. 

I'm guessing this is either a prototype for the EF5 or whatever it's replacement will be called or a new, 3rd line designed to sit between the two existing offerings from CCM.  If that's the case it could be offered in 2 different cores ala Optik and eventually replace Premier for those goalies who don't like the Axis line.

edit:  Or I could be a million miles off base and totally full of poo.  Either way it's fun to speculate.

^ This is similar to my guess; I think CCM will push Axis as their 'high tech' line to compete with 2S/X whilst EFlex and Premier will just be collapsed into one 'Lefevre' range for the traditionalists. The Lefevre range will probably ditch knee rolls and then you'll be able spec out the flex, calf wrap etc so its generally closer to what you had with Premier or Eflex. 

Either that or its the Larceny 2 that we've been waiting so long for...🤣 

9 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

It’s not Axis or EF5 or anything we can expect to be at retail. 

8 hours ago, raucebyalien said:

^ This is similar to my guess; I think CCM will push Axis as their 'high tech' line to compete with 2S/X whilst EFlex and Premier will just be collapsed into one 'Lefevre' range for the traditionalists. The Lefevre range will probably ditch knee rolls and then you'll be able spec out the flex, calf wrap etc so its generally closer to what you had with Premier or Eflex. 

Either that or its the Larceny 2 that we've been waiting so long for...🤣 

Axis will absolutely be pushed as the high tech line. For CCM, this feels like their biggest launch in awhile. 

To the best of my knowledge, your guesses about the Lefebvre range or EF5 not having knee rolls are not things I anticipate 

im sorry I can’t share more, but I love the enthusiasm around guesses and will share what I can 

7 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

This is literal crap put onto a mask 

0AEF07F8-2C9B-4D8D-ADBC-AB9899C8747B.jpeg

Eww.

I've been searching for Gibson pics every day.  He's one of my top 5 favorites but wow, this mask.  Ok.

It's weird with the duck face on top looking to both sides. It'd be better centered and looking forward.  

Archived