Daily Chit-chat

seagoal

My team won the spring D4 championship. The game was scoreless through regulation and overtime. It was decided in a shootout, where we scored 3 goals to their 1. I'm having a hard time downloading BenchApp photos to my phone, but I'll try to see if I can download photos from BenchApp to my computer. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Not sure who wouldn't match their chest protector to their Hyperlite set but I'd be embarrassed

20230727_193212.thumb.jpg.1b5e7318bc655b95941118c418977b06.jpg

@A.YOUNGoalie13

Jokes aside we ran into each other at a development camp and still have about 5 more ice times before we part ways again

It's @A.YOUNGoalie13, I'm sure he's used to being constantly embarassed. 

Imagine being a southpaw/ 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It's @A.YOUNGoalie13, I'm sure he's used to being constantly embarassed. 

Imagine being a southpaw/ 

Imagine being a short old dude making fun of teenagers online… Couldn’t be me!!! (in 20 years it will be)

Shoutout to @ThatCarGuy for making my gear look 10x cooler just by putting his warriors next to them!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Imagine being a short old dude making fun of teenagers online… Couldn’t be me!!! (in 20 years it will be)

Shoutout to @ThatCarGuy for making my gear look 10x cooler just by putting his warriors next to them!

The torch will be passed one day kiddo. I'm just glad your youthfulness hasn't clouded you from your future. 

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

The torch will be passed one day kiddo. I'm just glad your youthfulness hasn't clouded you from your future. 

People have always told me I’m wise beyond my years: I’m really just being real with myself that I too one day will be an old shitty beer leaguer trying to explain to kids how I used to be good and that I know way more about gear than them. Not saying anyone here does any of that but a good ego stroke never hurts

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

People have always told me I’m wise beyond my years: I’m really just being real with myself that I too one day will be an old shitty beer leaguer trying to explain to kids how I used to be good and that I know way more about gear than them. Not saying anyone here does any of that but a good ego stroke never hurts

Jokes on you, I've never been good. 

• Haha 3

Never

Also didn't hate the set including the 591 which the owner had broken in to be just as soft as my warrior glove. CCM's new gloves definitely don't deserve the hate they get in all honesty. Leg pads were alright not great. Definitely prefer my warriors and bauer pads

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Never

Also didn't hate the set including the 591 which the owner had broken in to be just as soft as my warrior glove. CCM's new gloves definitely don't deserve the hate they get in all honesty. Leg pads were alright not great. Definitely prefer my warriors and bauer pads

Maybe the customs come in better than off the shelf. He did however have to fix the plastic in the back of the tee on all 3 that he got.

3 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Yeah some of that story didn’t add up to me

The set in question

Attach0_20230730_133803.thumb.jpg.0faf5658f4a5c6fe4d6244b45738cefa.jpg

Pads were 33+1 and played about the same overall as my warrior 32+1.5 just taller in the knee. Sliding wasn't terrible either even with speedskin and as per usual with ccm they were easier to skate in than my warriors and bauers despite being just as stiff

• Like 1

Interesting that we sweat something like the additional weight of a leather strap or two but don't "sweat" a sweaty mop of hair that brings about both weight and drag moving one's head side to side.

Clearly the answer to better goaltending is to shave your head. Its going to be the new velcro strap.

I'm ahead of the curve with my receding hairline.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Good news it's been trimmed roughly 4-5in shorter

IMG-20230807-WA0003.thumb.jpg.987e4a5c157df4cba4223e189a70a7c2.jpg

Not to pick on @ThatCarGuy but this pic reminds me of a meme on the old GSBB with the guy in a low stance riding horses, toilets, rockets and more that I can't remember at the moment

1 hour ago, Candyman said:

Not to pick on @ThatCarGuy but this pic reminds me of a meme on the old GSBB with the guy in a low stance riding horses, toilets, rockets and more that I can't remember at the moment

I'm awful low glove so I have to start low 😂. Surprisingly it works pretty well

17 minutes ago, Hockey34 said:

I love the black holders now you just need the black liners for your konekts 

If I planned on having them longer I would but I might switch to ccm skates next season for better steel, better lateral ankle mobility, and a proper custom fit. And of course I'd dye those holders black too

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Like 1