Daily Chit-chat

seagoal

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I've been wanting to announce it but in all honesty I have no decent pictures to go with it lol

For those wondering, I've signed with a J20 team in Tumba all the way in Sweden. It's a tier 2 junior team directly connected to a division 1 (tier 3) professional team. Super excited to have this opportunity since I'd never been to Europe until I went to try out with the team a month or so ago. 

Congrats 

good luck and don’t suck 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I've been wanting to announce it but in all honesty I have no decent pictures to go with it lol

For those wondering, I've signed with a J20 team in Tumba all the way in Sweden. It's a tier 2 junior team directly connected to a division 1 (tier 3) professional team. Super excited to have this opportunity since I'd never been to Europe until I went to try out with the team a month or so ago. 

Heck yes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Congrats.

And now I'm hungry.

Swedish-Meatballs-IMG_7259edit.jpg.8f7fb014a763976134944ae38bb3abce.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Good luck! And hope you like it here in Europe 😉

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

This is so awesome. Good luck. What an experience!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Candyman said:

Best of luck @ThatCarGuy, just don't turn into a modern day version of G. Sparks. I'm sure most of us GSBB members remember Sparks posting useful information while he was in Juniors but then turned into a douche after signing with the Leafs. Stay humble!

Will do! Trust me I'm plenty honored to have even made this team after a mediocre 2 years in juniors and only 2 seasons of select hockey to my name

On 6/15/2023 at 11:17 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

Will do! Trust me I'm plenty honored to have even made this team after a mediocre 2 years in juniors and only 2 seasons of select hockey to my name

Just caught this - amazing! So happy and excited for you, brother! What an opportunity! I hope you have a blast!

• Thanks 1

Through a series of coincidences, I had the opportunity - and privilege - to meet one of our members in person last week! Strangely, we were both playing out as skaters though - lol!

My buddy told me about a pickup game he was going to join, having not played in full gear for a good 20 years. When he showed me the lineups in BenchApp, I saw what looked like @johncho’s name, so I messaged him to see if it was him. It was - and what’s more, he invited me to join them as a skater. I accepted, then went directly to PIAS to get gear, since I have NEVER suited up as a player. Was completely gassed, but had a blast - and a nice West Island connection between me, my buddy, and John! A great member on the forum, John is even nicer in person. Thrilled to have had the chance to connect!

• Like 3

On 6/18/2023 at 8:53 AM, Lucky Pucker said:

Through a series of coincidences, I had the opportunity - and privilege - to meet one of our members in person last week! Strangely, we were both playing out as skaters though - lol!

My buddy told me about a pickup game he was going to join, having not played in full gear for a good 20 years. When he showed me the lineups in BenchApp, I saw what looked like @johncho’s name, so I messaged him to see if it was him. It was - and what’s more, he invited me to join them as a skater. I accepted, then went directly to PIAS to get gear, since I have NEVER suited up as a player. Was completely gassed, but had a blast - and a nice West Island connection between me, my buddy, and John! A great member on the forum, John is even nicer in person. Thrilled to have had the chance to connect!

I hadn't skated out in a long while, and it was super fun. Hope to see you out there more often. 

Edited by johncho
  • Like 1

On 6/18/2023 at 5:53 AM, Lucky Pucker said:

Don't develop too hard of a man crush. You'll push him away. 

Why do you think @SaveByRichter35 isn't active anymore? He couldn't handle my admiration. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

So starting in the winter I'll finally be back on two teams. 

With the last year incorporating a new job, buying a new place, moving, and welcoming my child into the world, there was barely enough time to fit in one team. 

I feel like my play and general physical ability has suffered due to this, so I'm very excited to get back on the ice at least twice a week again. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So starting in the winter I'll finally be back on two teams. 

With the last year incorporating a new job, buying a new place, moving, and welcoming my child into the world, there was barely enough time to fit in one team. 

I feel like my play and general physical ability has suffered due to this, so I'm very excited to get back on the ice at least twice a week again. 

Nice man, happy to hear.  How far apart are the two teams in divisions?

3 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Quite a bit. New team is lower down by a few but not low enough where I feel like I'm wasting my time. 

That's good. I like having one game more intense and on edge and one a bit more relaxed but still fun. 

11 hours ago, seagoal said:

That's good. I like having one game more intense and on edge and one a bit more relaxed but still fun. 

It'll be the difference between me being a part of the cog to me being a key piece of the team. The team I'm joining won two games last year, both with me in net lol. 

Rink is 2 minutes down the road from me where my higher level team is 40 minutes away. So the proximity is very welcome. 

• Like 1

On 6/19/2023 at 4:55 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Don't develop too hard of a man crush. You'll push him away. 

Why do you think @SaveByRichter35 isn't active anymore? He couldn't handle my admiration. 

Naw - he just isn’t active HERE. It was his idea to cut you out of our love triangle. Just couldn’t handle the tension and emotions and all the rest.

Im fine to continue our little thing on the side here though, @coopaloop1234

😘

Edited by Lucky Pucker

• 2 weeks later...

I was selected for my adult league all star game this year. Not too shabby considering I was retired since before covid until this past January. Add in that most guys are late 20s-mid 30s and my 46 year old ass is doing ok.

• Like 5