CCM Pro Return 13A Pants

BadAngle41

Has anyone picked up a pair of these CCM Pro Return 13A NHL Spec Pants from Goalie Monkey? I've been looking for a new pair for a while now and the price on these isn't bad. I've only really worn Vaughn (currently V5s) so any feedback on them would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.goaliemonkey.com/equipment/pants/sr-goalie-pants/ccm-goalie-pants-13a-pro-return.html

From Goalie Monkey:

Details

Brand new for the 2017-2018 NHL season, we have gotten our hands on the newest spec CCM Pro Return NHL Spec Senior Goalie Pants!

These pants are the exclusive 13A model which is built off of several different styles of pant to offer the highest level of protection. The base of the pant is most similar to the Reebok 11K pant which features a separate upper attachment from the lower half. The biggest change in NHL spec pants is the rounded thighs on the bottom half which sit closer to the goaltenders body. Moving to the top of the pant, the hip padding is very similar to the older CCM CL Pro pant mixed with designs from the CCM 12A pro stock pant. That front hip padding has an extra strategic cut to allow for more flexibility, while being sewn down in more places so the padding does not fold up and expose the thigh.

The second biggest change in NHL spec pants is the full elastic front which does not allow goalies to wear their pants incredibly baggy. This full elastic front allows for more uniformity and a tighter fit on the body.

Last, the sizing of the waist was changed to make the sizing of goalie pants more specific to the individual goaltender, so please check the size chart before purchasing.

• These pants are made to NHL and AHL specifications
  • ALL Pro Return gear is made to the Pro's specification and may have been altered or have slight cosmetic blemishes
  • Some pants may have the lacing in front instead of full elastic
  • Some pants may also have “KW” signature or a player specific name on the inside
  • No Warranty
Edited by BadAngle41

10 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I haven’t bought those but I did buy Corey Crawford HPGPSP pro returns from SidelineSwap and absolutely love them. Personally these look similar and I wouldn’t hesitate for a second to buy a pair if I needed new pants.

Thanks @IPv6Freely... what was the pant length like? I'm not the tallest guy at 5'9" (5'10" at a morning skate.)

Looks like the classic 12A with new sizing. Pretty cool. Big fan of the 12A. I've been in CCM Pro Returns of 1 sort or another since college. No issues until my last pair. 

This pair was made in China and the elastic inside the leg came unstitched. It was a $20 fix and no issues since. So... my current pants are less than 1/2 of retail still 

10 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Looks like the classic 12A with new sizing. Pretty cool. Big fan of the 12A. I've been in CCM Pro Returns of 1 sort or another since college. No issues until my last pair. 

This pair was made in China and the elastic inside the leg came unstitched. It was a $20 fix and no issues since. So... my current pants are less than 1/2 of retail still 

Good deal... thanks for the info. The full elastic front is sorta throwing me off visually... but I'm guessing I won't even notice the change when wearing them. All signs point to THIS GUY investing in some new pants... but which color? More to come...

5 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

As I inch closer to clicking purchase... and for anyone viewing this post... Goalie Monkey has promo code SCORE15 going on right now that takes off 15%, even from clearance items like these pants.

That makes it a no-brainer for me, then, if I needed new pants. 

42 minutes ago, Hills said:

Did they just get these? I want a pair but if Canadian companies get them I'll order there.

Not sure @Hills... I just happened to spot them today.

28 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

If anyone purchases, could you show pix of the difference between these and the illegal breezers, please?

I'll be able to do a comparison to my V5s... but I don't have a true control like a pair of Senior Pro Premiers. Hopefully I have them in time for my Sunday tilt.

10 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@BadAngle41 - I lost out on a pair of those on eBay a few years ago... It was a legit bidding war. When I had my tan set, I had the same thought as you. That would be a lit combo. WELL DONE :chug:

Danke!! Anxious to receive them and get them on the ice. I'd say I'll try and get some action shots to post, but really we don't even get wives/girlfriends to show up generally speaking.

13 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

My wife refuses to go to my games. "It's too boring!" 

That's what my wife means to say what she tells me "I'll stay home and put the kids to bed instead." I mean they're almost 2 1/2 now... when will they start doing things for themselves??

2 hours ago, Hills said:

Did they just get these? I want a pair but if Canadian companies get them I'll order there.

They might not ship them to Canada. Because of the sales restrictions there cart usually blocks anyone from Canada ordering the big 2 brands. I'd love of pair of Winnipeg heritage pants.

3 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I just asked GoalieMonkey if there can confirm country or origin. 

Chances are they might come from overseas, most of the newer CCM pro pants are starting to comes from over there. I know when most of the pro pants before these hit the market it was hit and miss somewhere from Canada and others overseas.

I picked up a pair in Hershey fit 2 I have all Tan EF3 set up. They go very well together!

Coming from a pair of Michigan 1s (Nike branded) Large the fit 2 is spot on, I no longer tuck and find no hindered movement.

Butterfly is tighter and I feel like I have better 5 hole closure, moving into and out of post intergrations