CCM Pro Return 13A Pants

BadAngle41

14 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

@CalValce can you please measure from the belt down to the edge of the pant leg?  I wanna see how these differ, if at all, from my Bauers.

@SaveByRichter35 approx 19 inches I was in a large 1s and these are a fit 2. I could tuck, but as I said before I prefer the untucked.

C732411B-D29B-40CA-9CBD-7858835F9B2D.jpeg

9D8B350E-2080-440D-AE48-3F4042D06517.jpeg

Edited by CalValce

32 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Sorry if I missed this a couple pages back... the crotch lacing is gone or behind the brown elastic? 

Gone. Goalie Monkey noted that some pairs might have lacing but most are the new elastic only. Supposedly makes for uniform sizing and guys can’t make their pants baggy by having loose laces. 

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Ok so the length of the outseam/seam, whatever, is 18" on my Bauers so these are a smidge longer.  That sucks, I was hoping they'd be same or shorter.  Oh well.

Knowing there are NOT any fun-sized goalies in the NHL any longer, save for the back up in Nashville (who is 5’11”, taller than I, fo sho); these would not work without cutting and sewing around 3” or more!

Shame, really...

?

19 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@BadAngle41 - I wonder if that has anything to do without Price’s switch to Vaughn. I believe the Vaughn pants still have laces 

@TheGoalNet that could be. I don’t think ALL of these 13a were elastic only, but the majority yes. 

Just received my set yesterday and will be wearing them tonight. First impressions are that these are fantastic!! Fit is so much better as is the padding. Pic to answer the country of origin question...

C96A130A-6F4D-4C00-A63B-D8A309CF1011.jpeg

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Dammit I am so tempted for these but I don't wanna go longer with my goal shorts.  I wanted to go a little shorter whenever I bought another pair and figured I would have to go the custom route when that time came.  These would probably have alleviated that problem, oh well.

Your buddy Jason Terio could shorten them, no?

I just don’t want to muck with gear or I probably would have bought a pair. The Warrior Ritual X Pro small were perfect for me! No alterations necessary!

4 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Your buddy Jason Terio could shorten them, no?

I just don’t want to muck with gear or I probably would have bought a pair. The Warrior Ritual X Pro small were perfect for me! No alterations necessary!

He probably could but at that point It'd probably end up coming out to somewhere close to just ordering a custom unit from Brown, Mckenney, etc.

54 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

And you would get a better pant, to boot!

Too broad of a statement to make. Custom doesn’t equate to better.

I’d say in term of protection the 13a are a significant upgrade for me over my V5s. Length is the same at 19” from beltline to bottom of the pant leg. But how they fit, actually sitting up higher on my hips the result is a slightly shorter pant. Need a couple months to get a good review put together, but don’t sell a big name company short simply because they’re a big name company. 

Just now, BadAngle41 said:

Too broad of a statement to make. Custom doesn’t equate to better.

I’d say in term of protection the 13a are a significant upgrade for me over my V5s. Length is the same at 19” from beltline to bottom of the pant leg. But how they fit, actually sitting up higher on my hips the result is a slightly shorter pant. Need a couple months to get a good review put together, but don’t sell a big name company short simply because they’re a big name company. 

And it may be too broad of a statement; however- bespoke is better than modded. Most likely, those pants you bought, IF they are perfect for you out of the box, will most likely be good and durable. But Brown or McKenney are built one at a time and have a WARRANTY; the pro stock do NOT have a warranty.

I think people on here know that I am probably borderline obsessed with light gear. For me personally, I notice a difference and lighter makes me comfortable and feeling nimble between the pipes

The one items I haven't sweat too much? The HP12 pants I have. They are light, they move well, and they are protective. Pretty minimal design too. I completely respect the challenge of making your item more appealing during web shopping or a quick trip to the hockey store, but these pants are beyond solid. It's shame they just don't call these "Pro" and keep them running at retail. 

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

I think people on here know that I am probably borderline obsessed with light gear. For me personally, I notice a difference and lighter makes me comfortable and feeling nimble between the pipes

The one items I haven't sweat too much? The HP12 pants I have. They are light, they move well, and they are protective. Pretty minimal design too. I completely respect the challenge of making your item more appealing during web shopping or a quick trip to the hockey store, but these pants are beyond solid. It's shame they just don't call these "Pro" and keep them running at retail. 

If any piece of equipment should be taken seriously in terms of lightness, it should be the following: mask, glove, pads, skates. That's my opinion.

My Reidic mask weighs like a feather compared to the Hackva I've worn some years ago. My 700x skates are much lighter then the One80s I wore. My Smith 1000 glove and pads aren't the heaviest but do have 10 years or so of usage and I'm anxious to experience the newer stuff to compare.

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

@TheGoalNet So believe it or not I actually do 99% of the cooking in my family and I don't have a food scale, I do it all to taste, not one of those damn bakers who NEED recipes. That said, I'm ordering a food scale today, mainly for the purposes of weighing goal equipment. 

I can't say 13a feel lighter than my previous V5s... but that's like comparing apples and oranges. 1 skate down and they feel VERY mobile. Length is about the same and the slimmed down thigh is noticeable when getting dressed, but 13a do come up significantly higher above my hips and integrate much better with an untucked Premier C/A. The ability to close 5 hole without door stop thigh blocks has taken my desire to shave about 1"-1.5" off my leg pads a NECESSITY. More to come...