Trade Deadline 2022

Chenner29

3 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Let's chat about goalie moves!

Big one, Fleury to Minnesota

https://www.tsn.ca/marc-andre-fleury-trade-minnesota-wild-chicago-blackhawks-1.1774224

I was kind of surprised by this one to be honest! I remember Fleury from his rookie year and had never been a fan. Not to say I didn’t respect his ability though. But watching him in the playoffs last season with Vegas, I became a fan. I remember that first series between Vegas and Minnesota and loving the goaltending on both teams. It was unreal. Instantly hooked. Shame Chicago didn’t become a fit for him, but super excited to see how he does with the Wild.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ilyazhito said:

Yes, it sucks that the Wild got rid of their younger goalie, but Fleury/Talbot should be a good 1A/1B combination in net. Perhaps the multiple-Cup winner will be enough to push Talbot and revitalize the Wild. 

Coincidentally, I saw both Talbot and Fleury this year in person and they have 1 thing in common:  CONSTANT stretching during TV timeouts for games.  Most goalies skate to the bench and socialize, they don't.  They might leave the crease for the sweepers, but they just move to the side and it's constant stretching.  They're the only ones I've seen who do that.

Edited by seagoal

11 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Coincidentally, I saw both Talbot and Fleury this year in person and they have 1 thing in common:  CONSTANT stretching during TV timeouts for games.  Most goalies skate to the bench and socialize, they don't.  They might leave the crease for the sweepers, but they just move to the side and it's constant stretching.  They're the only ones I've seen who do that.

Now they can stretch together! 😄…..

I dont know...being an UFA, the Bhawks had to deal him to get something. He would be too costly to sign and the team is "rebuilding" with a cap problem. I would like them to bring up Commesso and see what he has against the big boys. Lankinen is ok but I think he's as good as he's going to be on a team like this. The other two...if it was going to happen for them, it would have already happened.

MAF's demeanor and attitude during his time here were the same. He never got bitchy or rude despite playing on a good men's league team. Not my favorite goalie but he's great and an excellent professional. He's got a lot left in the tank. He even tried to stop a blast without his catch glove on a few nights ago.

Edited by Fullright

1 hour ago, ilyazhito said:

Remind me who Jurusik is? I know that Holtby, Oettinger, and Khudobin all played for the Stars at some point. I'm guessing Jurusik is an AHL player now. 

Correct. Throughout the stars organization there's Point, Khudobin, Jurusik, Scheel, Holtby, Oettinger, Wedgewood and Remi Poirier has an entry level contract for next season. Somewhere online it said the stars have now rostered 6 different goalies for NHL games being, Khudobin, Bishop, Scheel, Holtby, Oettinger, and now Wedgewood

On 3/22/2022 at 1:39 AM, seagoal said:

They are not young and elastic anymore. 

They have to do constant stretching, if they wanna survive

Stretching, a physiotherapist put together a yoga based stretching routine for me, a quickie 15 minute one and a 30 minute program. Every morning I am on my yoga mat and it's legs up against the wall.

In the dressing room I go through a pre-game stretch in full gear, as much to confirm that all gear is in place and strapped accordingly.  We begin play when everyone has completed his on ice routine, some more extensive than others. I will take maybe 3-4 minutes of warm-up shots. The guys know better than to attempt a deke or slap a high hard one.  It's shoot for the gloves, hit the pads and let me feel the puck, my skates and the condition of my crease.

This may seem like an extensive routine but really isn't. What it does is allow me to play decent hockey at the age of 72.

Edited by Wonder35
  • Like 4