Let's Talk Skates

22 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

If you're not feeling any pain in them, then you should be happy you didn't shell out for the extras as they wouldn't be needed!

Also very true. I was pleasantly surprised that I felt zero pain the first time I skated in them. It was money well spent, in my eyes. (And cheaper than comparable Bauer skates.)

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Me too

theres lot of synics on the Instagram page. Many people think it would mess with rotation or increase lace bite 

I could see the lace bite argument on skates that require the laces to achieve wrap (read: poorly fitting skates). Rotation? I don't think so. 

10 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I could see the lace bite argument on skates that require the laces to achieve wrap (read: poorly fitting skates). Rotation? I don't think so. 

I There are less "eyelets" and "laces" so I that i was thinking lace bit. BOA also said that they could do 2X dials for an upper and lower tension. 

6 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

?

Don't worry, it works for me (and my Mac).

4 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I There are less "eyelets" and "laces" so I that i was thinking lace bit. BOA also said that they could do 2X dials for an upper and lower tension. 

My only concern is what happens to people like me who don't use the top eyelet? 

13 hours ago, Urabus33 said:

If anyone is interested, I can post a full review of my True 1 piece. Had them almost 3 months now and feel confident enough to answer questions on them and do an in depth look.

Please do it i just posted mine what are you getting your hollow cut at 

8 hours ago, Bgums13 said:

Please do it i just posted mine what are you getting your hollow cut at 

I had to go all the way down to 1", as anything above that i felt like i was stuck in the ice.

Plus they howl like no other. Its getting better but still dialing it in.

Anyone have any opinions on the Bauer Reactor 9000 skates? I'm using a pair of One100s right now, but they're thrashed. Goaliemonkey has the 9000s on clearance with 20% off for memorial day that I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on.

Archived