Px3 Catalyst

Chenner29

On 10/9/2023 at 8:00 AM, Urabus33 said:

Here they are, in all their glory. Ordered May 25, delivered 10/6. 

34+2 PX3

L87 graphic in Camel With black weave accents and sliding surface

single internal break “straight” profile

no external break

580 glove, pro palm, leather wrist strap, single tee, black lace pocket

585 binding blocker with suregrip palm and curved finger protection

IMG_6076.jpeg

IMG_6072.jpeg

IMG_6073.jpeg

IMG_6074.jpeg

IMG_6075.jpeg

Wow, that 580 angle looks so sharp on that brown glove.  That's the closest to a resting 90 degree right angle I've seen.  

Set looks killer, congrats.

• Like 1

This was a less than pleasant surprise during warmups. Not sure when or how this happened but got it replaced via warranty and swapped it for a 9x3 blocker. Only made it 10 skates with the 7x3 blocker 😐

On a different note, do any of yalls thigh rises creak or have a crunching sound? I noticed this last night that my 7x3 pads were making some odd noises when I rested my hands on them but figured it might just be the jenpro rubbing together. I just took a look at them again this morning and they're making creaky/crunchy noises with just minimal pressure on the thigh rise... a bit worried the composite broke or something. I've got a different set of 7x3s that I'm selling and they don't make any noises like that. 

IMG-4884.jpg

IMG-4883.jpg

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Phil1p33 said:

For those curious on the noises they're making: 

Lol is this for real? That's so loud and creaky 😬 I don't think any of the internals would be broken though. They're just very, very creaky. Can't say I've ever seen that before. I briefly had a 9x3 set before returning them, but I don't recall them having that issue...maybe some other True owners can chime in. 

4 hours ago, froese said:

Lol is this for real? That's so loud and creaky 😬 I don't think any of the internals would be broken though. They're just very, very creaky. Can't say I've ever seen that before. I briefly had a 9x3 set before returning them, but I don't recall them having that issue...maybe some other True owners can chime in. 

Oh it’s for real. I feel like the video doesn’t even do it justice, it’s an awful sound. What weird is that my old set of 7x3s don’t do this and this pair didn’t start doing it until just recently. I’ve got a warranty question out to my retailer about this but wow is this super bizarre.

On 10/15/2023 at 9:30 PM, Chenner29 said:

Sounds like somebody's getting busy on a bed...

my PX3s don't creak, I'm guessing it has to do with the layers of foam separating inside the pad

This is probably it. I've noticed that Brian's "Bri-Core" kind of does a "lite" version of this sound, specifically when squeezing, because it's composite-foam-composite layering.

15 hours ago, Yzueblin said:

hey guys,

it's a bug from the customizer ? can put those laces black !

image.thumb.png.fb138bf578ef86862928f3e9e0c8f455.png

Yes, you can ask your retailer to specify black laces on your order instead. I had the same issue when I ordered my 12.2 l87 set

IMG_5928.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

To anyone who opted for a 580 glove with their set, does it feel different compared to past Lefevre gloves?

This PX3 glove is making my thumb go numb and feels really strange compared to my older gloves.

I have an XLT pro stock Martin Jones 580 and love it, but this new one really hurts my hand throughout games. Never had this issues with the 10+ variations of ccm/reebok/koho 580's I've had the last decade, but this is my first TRUE branded one.

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2023 at 6:33 AM, Urabus33 said:

To anyone who opted for a 580 glove with their set, does it feel different compared to past Lefevre gloves?

This PX3 glove is making my thumb go numb and feels really strange compared to my older gloves.

I have an XLT pro stock Martin Jones 580 and love it, but this new one really hurts my hand throughout games. Never had this issues with the 10+ variations of ccm/reebok/koho 580's I've had the last decade, but this is my first TRUE branded one.

@TheGoalNet had this issue with his set, not sure if he's still experiencing it

I have had 5 gloves from Lefevre since the CCM split and have not experienced this. 
I think the older Lefevre style gloves with the tied thumb loop had a lot more give than the current setup they have with the velcro.  Have you tried loosening the thumb loop?

The break style does put a little bit more torque on the thumb than their other offerings.

I’m going to try on some PX3’s tomorrow. I don’t have a local hockey shop that stocks the PX3’s so I am going to have to drive 3 hours to try on pads that are probably too big. I think I need a 32” but he only has 33”. I should have a good idea if the 32” will work or not. Anyways, here is what I conjured up if I end up ordering a set. I’m definitely an old school goalie and love the vintage look. However, I wanted some pops of colour with the sport gold and red (Canucks skate jersey). I tried the L87 graphic but it looked off with the colour. It’s too bad the camel brown shows up more yellow on the customizer. 

D4085F92-9943-498F-A252-32791C863E66-COLLAGE.jpeg

726212DC-1827-42E2-B59C-DB279A216AA1-COLLAGE.jpeg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bsuge04 said:

I’m going to try on some PX3’s tomorrow. I don’t have a local hockey shop that stocks the PX3’s so I am going to have to drive 3 hours to try on pads that are probably too big. I think I need a 32” but he only has 33”. I should have a good idea if the 32” will work or not. Anyways, here is what I conjured up if I end up ordering a set. I’m definitely an old school goalie and love the vintage look. However, I wanted some pops of colour with the sport gold and red (Canucks skate jersey). I tried the L87 graphic but it looked off with the colour. It’s too bad the camel brown shows up more yellow on the customizer. 

D4085F92-9943-498F-A252-32791C863E66-COLLAGE.jpeg

726212DC-1827-42E2-B59C-DB279A216AA1-COLLAGE.jpeg

I would expect the new customizer to come out pretty soon. The new catalogue is already out and has some updated specs/customization options.

You should be able to get a good idea of if the 32" will work for you based on the 33", I reckon.

16 hours ago, keeperton said:

I would expect the new customizer to come out pretty soon. The new catalogue is already out and has some updated specs/customization options.

You should be able to get a good idea of if the 32" will work for you based on the 33", I reckon.

Guess I missed the custom options page in the catalog. :/

2 hours ago, Toobs said:

Where did you find the new catalog?!

It's under one of their Canadian domains.

I don't want to just link it, since I rather not ruin the fun/get rid of any connections I have. Thus, I'll put a couple screencaps of the more interesting bits (not for the PX4) here. For other brands, I'll usually troll their website meta-data to see any pages that have no links directly to them (example here: https://www.goalies-only.com/hello-world/).

image.png.54fa51ab9d979eca08e8d10e74722ea4.pngimage.png.abb3099bc4c23fda6dd24ef3ef7d125f.png

Edited by keeperton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, keeperton said:

I don't want to just link it, since I rather not ruin the fun/get rid of any connections I have. Thus, I'll put a couple screencaps of the more interesting bits (not for the PX4) here. For other brands, I'll usually troll their website meta-data to see any pages that have no links directly to them (example here: https://www.goalies-only.com/hello-world/).

image.png.54fa51ab9d979eca08e8d10e74722ea4.pngimage.png.abb3099bc4c23fda6dd24ef3ef7d125f.png

Any changes to the strapping? 

1 hour ago, keeperton said:

Aww no fun.

was there any info about a new catalyst line?

So I got my set back in the spring and I ordered it with a 600 break glove. 

Build quality is great on the 600 and closure is good but I just could not adjust to the glove break or pocket positioning from my old Brian's Gnetik glove. One game would be perfect and then the next I would be brutal with it. So decided to place an order for a 590 and 4 weeks later she showed up today!

Looking forward to getting on the ice next week.

PXL_20231222_235927803.jpg

PXL_20231223_000015506.jpg

PXL_20231222_235915331.jpg

• Like 1