Vaughn Gear

TheGoalNet

On 6/28/2018 at 7:40 PM, SnackDubs said:

I ordered my v7 xr carbons beginning of June and have been using them for 3 weeks and absolutely love them. Is it too late to review them? Would anyone be interested?

how about we review your name bud?  Are you attempting to be my evil, less attractive twin?

• 2 weeks later...

So messing around with the VE8 PC XP at Peranis the other day it felt pretty darn close to my beloved old T3500.  I've been through a few gloves since that one but have never found one that worked for me the way it did.   Is there anyone who's used both a T35/5500 and a VE8 (don't care which cuff style) and can compare/contrast the two for me?  I'm getting worn out buying gloves every few years that are almost but not quite right.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Puckstopper said:

So messing around with the VE8 PC XP at Peranis the other day it felt pretty darn close to my beloved old T3500.  I've been through a few gloves since that one but have never found one that worked for me the way it did.   Is there anyone who's used both a T35/5500 and a VE8 (don't care which cuff style) and can compare/contrast the two for me?  I'm getting worn out buying gloves every few years that are almost but not quite right. 

Thanks!

I was a 5500 guy for a number of years.  The biggest issue for me with the Velocity style glove is that my hand felt cocked forward whereas with the 5500 it was more of a neutral position.

I believe you can still custom order the 5500 from your desired retailer.  Barring that, Kenesky makes a glove that IMO is superior to the 5500.

A couple clarification questions:   Which Kenesky glove were you referring to?   And while i'm not doubting that it works better for you, I'm skeptical of anything I can't try on, so what exactly is superior about it?

Secondly, I've also not been a Velocity guy in the past.  The break has felt off and at least one that I tried on had an awful V closure instead of the U closure I liked on my old Vaughn.  So I know what you're saying about not being a fan of the gloves previously.  But when you say your hand felt cocked forward I'm not sure I'm understanding you.   Do you mean your fingers were in front of the heel of your hand, or that your thumb was ahead of your pinky?

Thanks for being willing to help me reach a good decision.