Vaughn Gear

TheGoalNet

Also not a big fan of the new graphic. Anyone have experience with vaughn custom graphic options (variety, pricing, etc.)? I'd probably go with some version of the pulse graphic or a cleaner setup like Brossoits V7s w/ vertical stitching. No one is like Brians custom, but was wondering if they were getting more liberal with their custom to compete...

Image result for vaughn goalie pulse graphic

Image result for edmonton oilers goalies

2 hours ago, dstew29 said:

Also not a big fan of the new graphic. Anyone have experience with vaughn custom graphic options (variety, pricing, etc.)? I'd probably go with some version of the pulse graphic or a cleaner setup like Brossoits V7s w/ vertical stitching. No one is like Brians custom, but was wondering if they were getting more liberal with their custom to compete...

Image result for vaughn goalie pulse graphic

Image result for edmonton oilers goalies

Total / Pure Hockey has the Brossoit as an SMU for the store

On 2/11/2018 at 3:26 PM, Moose75 said:

Went with a twist on the pulse graphic. It didn't cost me any extra. 

IMG_2330.jpg

Wow really? Where did you order yours?

My local shop said I can get the V8s in the iceberg graphic but it will cost between $400-500 extra just for the graphic...

2 hours ago, Towelette said:

Wow really? Where did you order yours?

My local shop said I can get the V8s in the iceberg graphic but it will cost between $400-500 extra just for the graphic...

Wesco Sports Center. Awesome dudes there.

It might be due to the pad being brand new? No other idea why they'd up charge like that. I even got custom specs on mine.

Edited by Moose75

2 hours ago, Moose75 said:

It might be due to the pad being brand new? No other idea why they'd up charge like that. I even got custom specs on mine.

Odd he told me that was the price for the V7s so the V8 should be the same (still waiting to hear back the exact cost from the Vaughn rep). If you are ever back in your store, would you mind asking them how much the icebergs would cost them? Might be collateral for my local store if I told them someone I know can get them at no extra cost or a lower value.

28 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

@cwarnar @coopaloop1234

Just to wrap up the previous storyline, this did end up happening. Fits so well, tucks into my SLR pants like a dream

Yes!!!! The meme hype worked!

Definitely need a review after 10 skates or so. Mostly for my own curiosity. I've been in the LT90, and aside from the unit being designed to tuck and me wearing it untucked, I love it.

Just want to see how the newest model holds up

Edit: Also, how does everyone get their tucked C/A to stay? I can't seem to get it.

Edited by coopaloop1234

@coopaloop1234 Same with the loop tiedown. Laces of the pants go through the loop on the front of the c/a. On the SLR it's right behind the part with the goalie logo.

With this one I also dropped the front bottom pad down a bit lower so the belt of my pants kind of sits above it and the tuck holds a bit better. 

On 2/16/2018 at 12:16 AM, Moose75 said:

No surprise there. I inquired sometime ago to get this graphic done on a Velocity 7 and the upcharge was $300 just for pads. I don't think it's so much the difficulty or time or effort to do as to why they charge so much. I really think Vaughn tries to discourage people from getting custom graphics with these kinna prices.

VaughnCustomMockup.jpg

6 minutes ago, ULTIMA said:

No surprise there. I inquired sometime ago to get this graphic done on a Velocity 7 and the upcharge was $300 just for pads. I don't think it's so much the difficulty or time or effort to do as to why they charge so much. I really think Vaughn tries to discourage people from getting custom graphics with these kinna prices.

VaughnCustomMockup.jpg

I can understand a unique graphic like this having an upcharge, but for their own iceberg graphic, that's a bit strange.

@Moose75 @ULTIMA - Without a first hand discussion or direct interaction with Vaughn on the topic, I can almost guarantee that Ultima is correct. Custom graphics are a "double edged sword". 

They are a pain to make, they are a special in the manufacturing process, there's more margin for error (letting the customer down), etc etc 

However, people love the personalization so much they are willing to pay extra for for it. That makes it a great business case for the companies. 

So companies love doing it for customer satisfaction, marketing, and differentiation. However, they hate the logistics of it and price in a fashion that it stops every kid from getting a crazy Lundqvist-esq graphic 

9 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

VaughnCustomMockup.jpg

PS - Sick concept 

23 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Moose75 @ULTIMA - Without a first hand discussion or direct interaction with Vaughn on the topic, I can almost guarantee that Ultima is correct. Custom graphics are a "double edged sword". 

They are a pain to make, they are a special in the manufacturing process, there's more margin for error (letting the customer down), etc etc 

However, people love the personalization so much they are willing to pay extra for for it. That makes it a great business case for the companies. 

So companies love doing it for customer satisfaction, marketing, and differentiation. However, they hate the logistics of it and price in a fashion that it stops every kid from getting a crazy Lundqvist-esq graphic 

It depends on the size of shoppe, too. Vaughn is not the big manufacturing facility one would think they are, but they do enough stock business that it is a pain to do something so far from what they normally do. The charge is designed to discourage many. 

My own example of this: My prototype charges were designed for ONLY serious customers, which meant serious money! I also had super long lead times. This ensured that people would not think I would churn out copies of a Lotus Sport 110 for 1/5 of the price and have 50 in stock! For that customer, I steered them to a loose copy of that frame that cost as much as what I charged to test a design! Nope- I never came close to copying that bike, but a few elements were used...

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered a pair of CCM 13A pro return pants and my Brown chesty is less than two seasons old, but still I must ask:

Has anyone here ordered custom Vaughn pants or a chesty? I'm intrigued to get pro spec models for both at some point in the future. Would love to hear about options, pricing, recommendations on how to order, etc. Maybe at Vaughn directly?

Thanks for your inputs.