TheGoalNet

On 2/1/2018 at 10:16 PM, TheGoalNet said:

I think Bauer will be a bit taller, but I didn’t have them side to side.

no plastic will interfere with your pushes 

AC5F3E49-84AD-42DD-88B8-BC9BC779AE5D.jpeg

AD2BE132-77F1-416B-94A5-9679E3298983.jpeg

The toe box is very nicely done!  I tried a pair on a few month ago and it's the first ccm skate that I can comfortably fit my short fat foot with high ankle bones in without custom.  There D width is a little better to.  The attack angle is suppose to be slightly better than the bauers without the cowling! Realistic standards their isn't much of a difference between the two when I compared that day nor I think it would be much of a difference on ice.  

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

That grey piece, ribbed for pleasure?

Mmm, ya bby, I love that textured feeling on my knee. Rly gets them juices flowin'.

Recent Premier pads have a stiffer knee block, I'm assuming this textured portion will be a tad softer (looks squishy) and tacky to keep the knee from sliding off. I wouldn't wear these without kneepads though.

Gotta say, Premier line hasn't interested me much till this iteration, I'm really curious to get my hands on it for some reason.

@TheGoalNet very interesting about the weight... I’ve always wanted to try a set of Koho/RBK/Premier pads. In the past the weight along with the open leg channel turned me off.

With their new strapping systems and weight reduction I’d love to demo a set.  The whole boot angle thing as well might be an issue.  I know I’d likely wear a 32 in these tho

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@ruckus007 - tried it with shots or tried it on?

what didn’t you like about the arms?

by comparison, what unit do you wear now? 

i tried it on, and noticed that although the arms fit snug and comfortable, the elbow floaters sit right up against the forearm. I had a guy take a stick and gave it a small tap and it actually hurt quite a bit. I wear a Ritual GT now, and have had the Premier, P1, V3, G2 pro classic, Simmons 997 and P4 - none of them did this. I think it's mostly because of how close the padding is to the arm, because you have to wear it with the  slings and given that this unit's softer than previous ones, the transfer of impact force goes directly into the body. 

I had it properly adjusted prior to testing. I couldn't even give the elbow floaters a quick jab without it hurting. 

I do like the removable rib padding, and the way the unit fits and moves. It's just the protection that raises a huge flag. 

Edited by ruckus007

5 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@ruckus007 - thank you for elaborating and providing a clearer picture 

I loved the arm slign feature as it felt like a great connection idea, but I did no impact testing 

i think that's an unintended side affect of the sling. It keeps the arm connected and has it move out of place less, however, the front part of the arm no longer moves away from your arms, which means there's no "gap" between the floaters and your flesh.

5 hours ago, Znowleopard said:

Absolutely, if i can dig up the money for a custom set i will, but i will probably just go with a stock pair depending on the price difference.

There should be no price difference for a custom CCM set

50 minutes ago, thebigm said:

There should be no price difference for a custom CCM set

really? i was looking at monkey sports eu and a custom set of eflex 3 are 2000 euros and a stock pair are 1700, so i would assume that it will be that same for the p2