TheGoalNet

yeah same the premiers are technolgy from the past but alot of guys like the feel of them. just like me i have the reebok premier x24 30+1 i have the x24s because i just turned bantam. and they are very nice but yes i do think one of these days ccm is gonna have to change that line.

3 minutes ago, Fleuryfan29 said:

idk i think ccm should try to go for maybe a no stitch design like the bauer 2s and maybe change the leather straps a bit but im not sure the p2s are great pads nonetheless i just think it would be cool to see ccm switch it up a bit

Fully understand that! The have their previous "weight issue" addressed. Like I said, I could see CCM doing something wild in 2020, but who knows.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Fleuryfan29 said:

I think ccm needs to reduce the weight on their next premier 3 model anyone else think so? But it is a little to early to be talking about the premier 3s just yet.

Their internals could probably be a touch lighter and their outer roll could at least use a taper into a triangle or almost flat like the Optik. Otherwise it's very light as is and a definite improvement over the original RBK Premier. Still don't know what "OG" means.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ULTIMA said:

So people are saying original gangster goalie pad and original gangster mask? I really don't follow. That makes about as much sense to me as to why bunnyman insists on spelling mask as "masque".

It's my attempt at having some fun with this 

If you can get quality and performance out of a pad without going the Bauer route I hope companies stay course. You don't always need crazy fancy materials to make a good pad, Brians and CCM are evident with this with Primo and Speedskin.

1 hour ago, Znowleopard said:

Is there anyone who owns eflex 3's who could tell me a bit about their long term durability?

I can’t remember what CCM pads my goaltending partner uses, but he got them last year, plays 2-5 times per week and they are holding up very well. 

E-flex 2. Sorry.

Edited by bunnyman666

7 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

The Hockey Shop Goal has posted their P2 review, although it seems like more of an overview vs an actual on ice review:

http://goal.thehockeyshop.com/ccm-premier-ii-leg-pads/

They're generally overviews. Still a decent read, but I always take it with a grain of salt as 1. They're a retailer trying to sell these products. 2. They're not going to potentially burn any bridges with companies by posting anything negative.

It's generally more of a look into the tech and getting some more decent pictures of the gear than anything.

• Like 1

So my set is called off, as the shop i was buying from quoted me the price for the set, and that ended up being the price of one glove.....

Also the only place where you could choose to have it made in Canada if you wanted to, as far as i have seen.

16 minutes ago, MadsM said:

So my set is called off, as the shop i was buying from quoted me the price for the set, and that ended up being the price of one glove.....

Also the only place where you could choose to have it made in Canada if you wanted to, as far as i have seen.

Made in Canada is a good thing of course. Did somebody seriously quote you like $400 for a full set? lol

On 15/3/2018 at 11:59 PM, IPv6Freely said:

Made in Canada is a good thing of course. Did somebody seriously quote you like $400 for a full set? lol

I was quoted 480 Euro for the chinese made custom glove set,  and 780 for the canadian one, so i wanted to go ahead and order it so i paid the lay-down, and he answered with he was going to order the blocker now :ugh: