TheGoalNet

6 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Something about the shape of CCM masks has always seemed wonky to me. Can’t put my finger on it...

Agreed.

53 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@IPv6Freely - I think they’re the best looking. Being obsessed with Roy and TBo as a kid might shape your opinion though ?. Lines are clean and the side angle where it transitions from the ear to the chin is beautiful 

Not my cup of tea at all.

I had a CCM masque because it fit. I don’t mind the shape. But others may find it abhorrent, which is why G’d invented chocolate, vanilla, and pistachio flavours and gave us the smarts to mix all three if we desire! 

It is funny how you can see that the Roy, Liut and others from the early combo era made by Lefevre were literally patterned off of a modified version of that original Lefevre masque... 

4 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@IPv6Freely - I think they’re the best looking. Being obsessed with Roy and TBo as a kid might shape your opinion though ?. Lines are clean and the side angle where it transitions from the ear to the chin is beautiful.

I've always loved the look of the Protechsport masks. Every time I watched Mathieu Garon or Marc Denis, I wanted their masks so bad!

But I was too lazy to make a face mold, and ended up with a Sportmask T3 that I'm very happy with.

2 hours ago, braedub90 said:

I've always loved the look of the Protechsport masks. Every time I watched Mathieu Garon or Marc Denis, I wanted their masks so bad!

But I was too lazy to make a face mold, and ended up with a Sportmask T3 that I'm very happy with.

I'm the opposite.  I always found his masks ugly, still do.  Only reason I am getting one is because I found out he has a Harrison shell, which happens to be my favorite mask shape.  Everyone has their own likes/dislikes and there is nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2018 at 10:17 AM, GoalieGuy101 said:

I am currently wearing a custom pro’s choice mask and love the fit, but find it gets hot due to weight. Is the CCM mask the NHL guys wear made off a mold of your head? If so has anybody used this mask and can they confirm if it’s cooler and lighter than a pro’s choice? 

On 1/27/2018 at 12:02 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

You find your PC heavy??  When did you have it made?

I'd assume it's the cage.

If @GoalieGuy101 got the standard Tri-Cat, that would explain it.  The cage is very heavy.  Mine is from 2007, can't wait to get my new one...

I believe the new CCM shells (not the Protechsports; the distinction is there - not the same anymore) are custom padded, not molded.

There's been some pictures posted of the shell with the pro's name with a fit designation to notate the type of shell they got.

• Like 1

@RichMan - It will be heavier than 2S. Attack angle should be similar. The boot should be more heat moldable and have a True like energy transfer. 

2S will also have taller steel

CCM skates seems to be a nice bridge for people reluctant to try a no cowling or needing a more accommodating fit. 2S will be the pinnacle of minimal design and light weight 

@bunnyman666 - Pro Stock Ti cage with a double bar. I should be covered for a long time now! 

@SaveByRichter35 - agreed. Mask style is a very personal thing. I used to hate the Wright chin, but it’s slowly grown on me overtime. Lefebvre is still my favorite 

25 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@RichMan - It will be heavier than 2S. Attack angle should be similar. The boot should be more heat moldable and have a True like energy transfer. 

2S will also have taller steel

CCM skates seems to be a nice bridge for people reluctant to try a no cowling or needing a more accommodating fit. 2S will be the pinnacle of minimal design and light weight 

So it's gonna be as tall in the runner as the Bauer ones?

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I think Bauer will be a bit taller, but I didn’t have them side to side.

no plastic will interfere with your pushes 

AC5F3E49-84AD-42DD-88B8-BC9BC779AE5D.jpeg

AD2BE132-77F1-416B-94A5-9679E3298983.jpeg

Ok. If you get a chance to slip a pair on, I'd like to know how roomy is the toe box please. And will there be a mid and lower priced version?

12 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

I'd assume it's the cage.

If @GoalieGuy101 got the standard Tri-Cat, that would explain it.  The cage is very heavy.  Mine is from 2007, can't wait to get my new one...

Most likely.  I actually just switched from a Tricat to a flat bar cage myself.  Its a little lighter but nothing I notice while wearing it.

8 hours ago, RichMan said:

Ok. If you get a chance to slip a pair on, I'd like to know how roomy is the toe box please. And will there be a mid and lower priced version?

Yes. Mid priced version is basically the existing pro Tacks skate with new logos. 

I probably will not be demoing these anytime soon, if at all 

3 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Wow I love the profile of that EF c/a.  Looks so much more streamlined.  And I agree with @cwarnar, the shoulder floaters on the P2 look very strange.  They jet out in a very odd location.

I agree as well, but maybe the floater needed to be adjusted further for a better fit? I know those velcro tabs on the back could make a difference.