TheGoalNet

So I'm looking to get the Premier 2.9 leg pads, currently I'm wearing bauer reactor 4000 In a size 35+1, should I go for the same size for the ccm's? Also why ARE THEY 900 EUROS HERE IN EUROPE AND ONLY 700 EUROS IN THE US, that triggers me big time haah

52 minutes ago, Znowleopard said:

So I'm looking to get the Premier 2.9 leg pads, currently I'm wearing bauer reactor 4000 In a size 35+1, should I go for the same size for the ccm's? Also why ARE THEY 900 EUROS HERE IN EUROPE AND ONLY 700 EUROS IN THE US, that triggers me big time haah

Watch your PM, btw. if you can't find them on his homepage, call him or e-mail him, he will find out for you 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Znowleopard said:

Perhaps due to the exchange rate? When I went on Friday to Pro Hockey life to try on the new CCMs there was a dad and his daughter from the States looking at pads, all because of the exchange rate I suppose and maybe the big hockey market.

13 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Perhaps due to the exchange rate? When I went on Friday to Pro Hockey life to try on the new CCMs there was a dad and his daughter from the States looking at pads, all because of the exchange rate I suppose and maybe the big hockey market.

Euro is worth more than USD.

Price difference is mostly logistics related. They incorporate the cost of the shipping from China to North America into the price of the pad. The additional shipping to get it to Europe is generally an additional cost.

36 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Euro is worth more than USD.

Price difference is mostly logistics related. They incorporate the cost of the shipping from China to North America into the price of the pad. The additional shipping to get it to Europe is generally an additional cost.

I wonder if it would cost less to get it shipped from a store in the us, doubt it but might look into it

6 minutes ago, Znowleopard said:

I wonder if it would cost less to get it shipped from a store in the us, doubt it but might look into it

It would cost me about $130 CAD to ship some of my old leg pads to the east coast (from the west coast) of Canada. You'd be looking at more than that for overseas, let alone travel from any major port from there.

You'd be better off buying them locally I think. ;)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It would cost me about $130 CAD to ship some of my old leg pads to the east coast (from the west coast) of Canada. You'd be looking at more than that for overseas, let alone travel from any major port from there.

You'd be better off buying them locally I think. ;)

No, here in Canada they like to take advantage of our own people, we pay more for shipping than they do in the States sadly.  It might cost just as much, who knows.  Find out @Znowleopard

“Stick”-ing this in the CCM thread (man, I am hilarious!) because it’s about my CCM foam core stick.

As some might know, I’m not playing a ton, and it’s a mix of lessons and pick up games, so maybe a dozen 1-hour skates all told. There seems to be a very small chunk that came out of he paddle. The whole foam core thing is new to me, so I’m not sure if:

1. This is normal wear

2. Is there anything preventative I can/should do here to prevent it worsening?

hope the picture is good enough for experts to comment on.

58D15853-50B0-487A-BE7F-1B7E892B2B0C.jpeg

5B8ABA2B-2E42-4CBD-A7DC-81F99BB46F9D.jpeg

B3C6AA54-E373-40E2-B987-13825C78335C.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

“Stick”-ing this in the CCM thread (man, I am hilarious!) because it’s about my CCM foam core stick.

As some might know, I’m not playing a ton, and it’s a mix of lessons and pick up games, so maybe a dozen 1-hour skates all told. There seems to be a very small chunk that came out of he paddle. The whole foam core thing is new to me, so I’m not sure if:

1. This is normal wear

Very standard issue wear. You could put tape or epoxy over it if your very concerned about the wear 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

1. This is normal wear

I tape the edges of my paddles for this reason chiefly.

You should be fine with some tape.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

I tape the edges of my paddles for this reason chiefly.

You should be fine with some tape.

I'd love to see a pic of what you mean, but you probably don't have that at your ready disposal presently...? Is it just a thin strip then, the entire length of both the top and bottom of the paddle?

12 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I'd love to see a pic of what you mean, but you probably don't have that at your ready disposal presently...? Is it just a thin strip then, the entire length of both the top and bottom of the paddle?

On that edge. I may have a pic...

No I don’t. Sorry.

On 4/27/2018 at 12:59 PM, Kayen said:

Got to check out a pair in person yesterday. Veeeery nice skates. Very intrigued in the cowling as well - might get a set to mount onto my RBK 16k boots to be honest (and burn my vapor x900's in a fire)

Whats wrong with x900? Bad Bauer fit?

5 hours ago, oncogene said:

Whats wrong with x900? Bad Bauer fit?

Bad Bauer fit is right. I was in supremes and vapors, and couldn't make either work. 
I'm hoping to see the next iteration of CCM Ribcor skates soon since they likely fit the widest of any modern goalie skate line. 

On 5/8/2018 at 12:32 PM, Kayen said:

Bad Bauer fit is right. I was in supremes and vapors, and couldn't make either work. 
I'm hoping to see the next iteration of CCM Ribcor skates soon since they likely fit the widest of any modern goalie skate line. 

Had the same problem. VH/True has been a lifesaver on my insanely pronounced ankle bone. STEEP price but extremely worth it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

Had the same problem. VH/True has been a lifesaver on my insanely pronounced ankle bone. STEEP price but extremely worth it. 

Penny jar has been started. 

Unfortunately on many nights(afternoons) it's become my happy hour jar ;) )

As TGN posted on IG, let's see how the custom AS1 does. I wonder if it'll have a reinforced toe cap that the option to mount a vertexx holder would be possible. We did see someone mount the Tacks to them before previously... Wonder how their toes are doing. 

2 hours ago, Kayen said:

Penny jar has been started. 

Unfortunately on many nights(afternoons) it's become my happy hour jar ;) )

As TGN posted on IG, let's see how the custom AS1 does. I wonder if it'll have a reinforced toe cap that the option to mount a vertexx holder would be possible. We did see someone mount the Tacks to them before previously... Wonder how their toes are doing. 

I can NOT vouch for their safety... but I know people are putting Vertexx on CCMs. 

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

I can NOT vouch for their safety... but I know people are putting Vertexx on CCMs. 

Doesn't look solid enough to me. We need to follow up on a few of these folks and see how they're doing.