2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

4 hours ago, dualshowman said:

Interesting you bring up Holtby. I caught a bit on the Caps @ G.K. game and thought, "What are Holtby's pads, exactly?" Gotta wonder if he still has any Larceny in there, which in turn had some remnants of Heaton 10s, if I recall correctly.

yeah holtbys crazy superstitious w his specs, he used larcenys in hershey and when he began in the nhl so i can only imagine theres some specs from those. looks like its mainly been graphical changes, but hes been rotating ef3 and 2 gloves the past few seasons

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/5/2018 at 3:16 AM, Max27 said:

yeah holtbys crazy superstitious w his specs, he used larcenys in hershey and when he began in the nhl so i can only imagine theres some specs from those. looks like its mainly been graphical changes, but hes been rotating ef3 and 2 gloves the past few seasons

Super tight leg channel, soft deep boot, still has toe caps and a thighrise strap (!)

Smith and Saros both in new sets. Love that Smith is sticking with the home and away sets, the more red in this set looks great!

Most EF4s this year have been pretty boring. Guys like Hutch and Bobs stick with the upper portion colored like Saros, Stolarz and Gibson have the ugliest pads in the league, but I really like Hart and Copley's EF4 sets.

saros delete later.jpg

smith delete later.jpg

52 minutes ago, WillyGrips13 said:

I usually prefer the classic yellow and red Calgary Flames uniforms minus the black, but man those look sharp especially with the color choices Smith uses. I’m happy for Smith finally playing on a good team.

Smitty is kind of a punk to me but to each their own. I do love his style. People think playing on a good team is easy when it’s not, you’re not getting as much shots and it’s hard to stay sharp, I hope he finds his groove 

54 minutes ago, dualshowman said:

Wow. Howard is demonstrating the "I got beer league-hips" toe-tie setup. Now I don't feel so bad!

Add in the beer league d man style of going between you and the goal. 

Why not try to stop the shot in front of me, bro?

13 hours ago, seagoal said:

Haha, beer league hips.  Brittle and creaky and sore?

I'd love to see a chart with NHL toe tie set ups.

It is a bit perplexing when I still see skate laces.

I must have missed something with not using skate laces... I still do. I have tried shock cord but could not get used to the resistance. What are the other options besides some elastic-based tie?

I'm 4 skates into bungee chords coming from a 2 inch slacked skate lace and I'm not convinced yet.  I'm mostly indifferent, but I can definitely feel the boot of my pad more connected to my skate.  I guess I'm just not convinced that's a good thing, yet.   I'm also using dramatically different pads now, so there's a lot of new going on at once.  

2 hours ago, dualshowman said:

I must have missed something with not using skate laces... I still do. I have tried shock cord but could not get used to the resistance. What are the other options besides some elastic-based tie?

You didn't miss anything.  What I meant was skate laces seem unmodern.  I think "modern" and expect to see all the modern things in the NHL. 

But then, there's like 6 goalies using CCMs with knee rolls and 42 leather straps on each pad and skate lace toe ties on TV every night in the NHL.  

I think my conception of modern on this website is different from how modern is represented in the NHL....with the exception of Bauer and Brian's goalies, for the most part. 

With even a casual glance at current NHL gear, CCM seems to be the most unmodern, traditional company available right now. By no means is that a knock (they're by far my #2 favorite), it just seems that way to me.

alot of those guys in the nhl wont want to change, and dont, look at how they have gear reskinned year after yr, its consistency, as the older guys go out you will see more modern box pads come through

personally dont know how anyone can wear ccm after trying a set, compared to my brians and even more for my warrior ccm are dinosaurs

Archived