2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Naz said:

He went back to that gawd-awful "ears" mask as well.  The two tone mask was short lived.

Yeah, I could do without the ears.  And looks like the airbrush artist took out his neck, ha.

it'd look better if BAUER wasn't buried in the middle of the graphic on the mitts/pads..

11 hours ago, Math. said:

That's about has ugly has ugly gets!

Funny.. I totally dig it.

If you're going to print designs on the pads - why just do stripes and all? Go ape shit nuts!

Only issue is the mask. I'd match the pattern on the pads and gloves to the mask. 

14 minutes ago, MTH said:

Funny.. I totally dig it.

If you're going to print designs on the pads - why just do stripes and all? Go ape shit nuts!

Only issue is the mask. I'd match the pattern on the pads and gloves to the mask. 

Agreed.

When it comes to gear design I'm of the less is more approach.  Maybe I was a little harsh on my ugly scale TBH because I like the flow of the design, I just don't like how it's been executed.  Way too much going on in the printed pattern to my likings.  Keeping the same lines but streamlining the graphic themselves could do good on that one I think.  And place that Bauer logo somewhere else, it just doesn't belong there.  I get that gear needs logo, I even think it looks funny without one, just incorporate it to the design of the whole thing instead of just slapping it willy nilly in the middle of everything else.  My general rule of thumbs for gear grapic is: if it doesn't look good on a 480p steam, you have too much going on!

10 hours ago, Max27 said:

yeah youre right but its a custom feature to have on a ccm premier 2. its like how holtby has toe caps still

Interesting you bring up Holtby. I caught a bit on the Caps @ G.K. game and thought, "What are Holtby's pads, exactly?" Gotta wonder if he still has any Larceny in there, which in turn had some remnants of Heaton 10s, if I recall correctly.

21 hours ago, dualshowman said:

Interesting you bring up Holtby. I caught a bit on the Caps @ G.K. game and thought, "What are Holtby's pads, exactly?" Gotta wonder if he still has any Larceny in there, which in turn had some remnants of Heaton 10s, if I recall correctly.

Holtby and Fleury both have enough leather straps to put vegans in shock.  Seriously, there's a ton of straps there. 

Archived