Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

😎 Gold on Gold on Gold!! 🌻 

I don't recall... was Pure Gold only available as SpeedSkin? Anxious to hear your impressions once you get them on the ice.

Pure pure gold, pics do no justice it looks unreal. They have antique gold as well but went with these and glad I did. The other gold looks more bronze to me. 

I had a few ice sessions, definitely feel stiffer than the P2, will take time getting used too, just loved those P2s so much. Rebounds are harder. Love the game ready glove it's a first vs the pro, and pucks fly off the blocker.  Slides better too. 

Pad seems to sit a little higher, going to try loose everything as much as I can.  They are 33 plus 1.5.

Funny thing is that I got my new skates on the ice with these for the first time, they screwed up my first sharp because the black steel coating was on and I was sliding, went to another shop and they didn't fix it lol 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ I had 2 uncomfortable games so Friday now will be good. 

Edited by mr_shifty1982

8 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Pure pure gold, pics do no justice it looks unreal. They have antique gold as well but went with these and glad I did. The other gold looks more bronze to me. 

I had a few ice sessions, definitely feel stiffer than the P2, will take time getting used too, just loved those P2s so much. Rebounds are harder. Love the game ready glove it's a first vs the pro, and pucks fly off the blocker.  Slides better too. 

Pad seems to sit a little higher, going to try loose everything as much as I can.  They are 33 plus 1.5.

Funny thing is that I got my new skates on the ice with these for the first time, they screwed up my first sharp because the black steel coating was on and I was sliding, went to another shop and they didn't fix it lol 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ I had 2 uncomfortable games so Friday now will be good. 

Did they not cross grind the new skates? I just got fresh steel for my skates and only time I get to use them is for games so I’m a little worried about getting fresh steel and then going straight to a game with them. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Did they not cross grind the new skates? I just got fresh steel for my skates and only time I get to use them is for games so I’m a little worried about getting fresh steel and then going straight to a game with them. 

I thought they would right, a pro goalie shop lol and went for fixing at another ahhhh I think with regular steel you're fine, or at least I hope.  These are black. 

6 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I thought they would right, a pro goalie shop lol and went for fixing at another ahhhh I think with regular steel you're fine, or at least I hope.  These are black. 

Ya I picked up some blacksteel, I might have to be the annoying customer who asks them if they did their job. 

14 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Ya I picked up some blacksteel, I might have to be the annoying customer who asks them if they did their job. 

14 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

You should lol after the 3rd try I snuck into a rink and took a lap to make sure it's good during the afternoon. 

Interesting. I've used Tydan's DLC and Bauer's LS5G w/ Carbon coating and never had an issue with sharpening. Then again... maybe my mom was right... maybe i am special.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I'd agree on the pad sitting higher as well. While I did go with my usual 33" (+1) and its playing very well... If I didn't have a boot strap it may have been another story. Also getting used to wearing the pad a little more loose than I usually would. Kind of a balancing act between loose enough to rotate and play well... but tight enough to feel connected. 

I did slap on some new Hybrid Armour ProLaces as well (1" gap) and that has helped too.

50 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Interesting. I've used Tydan's DLC and Bauer's LS5G w/ Carbon coating and never had an issue with sharpening. Then again... maybe my mom was right... maybe i am special.

I haven’t sharpened mine yet so I’ll see if I have similar experience or not. I think if the shop knows what it’s doing you should be gtg. 

did you have your carbon blades cross ground the first time? I’ve read mixed things saying if you have higher quality steel you don’t need to get it done since the main purpose of it is to ensure the profile is even on both blades and tor ale off any imperfections. 

56 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

I haven’t sharpened mine yet so I’ll see if I have similar experience or not. I think if the shop knows what it’s doing you should be gtg. 

did you have your carbon blades cross ground the first time? I’ve read mixed things saying if you have higher quality steel you don’t need to get it done since the main purpose of it is to ensure the profile is even on both blades and tor ale off any imperfections. 

I had NoIcingSports blade match prior to profiling on both the Tydans and Bauer LS5G steels. Not 100% sure on their process but I'd assume they cross grind when doing the blade matching. 

59 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Should’ve gone for the black base colorway 😉

Anyways it you’re anything like me you’ll love that stick it’s so much better than previous ccm composites

Well, I could have BUT I like the square toe and found this for 250 Canadian. My team colours going navy too so it was a win win, plus remember I just got a gold set? Few days ago sold my used P2 and Eflex4 so I needed a stick lol

Edited by mr_shifty1982
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, rlwillis33 said:

New set came today 

2E72C057-EB9D-4EB5-85C2-813861D52616.jpeg

They look great!! I like that you changed up the color zones in the glove and blocker away from the black outer roll. I was a bit of a slave to that. Wanted to keep a black outside edge on each piece. Was it just an aesthetic decision for you or playing with shooter’s visual?

8940DBDD-C496-4B2B-B398-2B5EC094CA59.thumb.jpeg.86922863757a49ce9a1b3a66b9127469.jpeg But