Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

8 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Thank you! I’ll definitely snag the blue buckles then :) I thought it was missing a little something 

I got mine from Goalie Parts, but you might have to contact them for a separate purchase with only buckles because they only officially sell them with straps.  But they definitely have them

20190425_130948.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Will reply with the specs fairly soon :) SLR3 pads, SLR3 blocker and ventus LT98 glove 

IMG_8977.jpeg

Has the Venuts line changed that much from the LT90/98 to the SLR 3? 

I had the LT90 once upon a time, but didn't feel like any time I've tried a SLR on store that it was that drastically different. 

Edited by coopaloop1234

37 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Has the Venuts line changed that much from the LT90/98 to the SLR 3? 

I had the LT90 once upon a time, but didn't feel like any time I've tried a SLR on store that it was that drastically different. 

Well besides them going to one piece cuffs over two piece (I just prefer the added flex for my wrist) I’ve tried on the SLR 1 and 2 gloves and the internals just didn’t feel the same to me. I believe matt murray once went with LT98 internals on his slr glove for team canada. It’s also pretty difficult to try stuff on in stores without buying stuff lol. the blocker definitely has more pop to it than the slr2 which i had previously. pads are a little hard to say right now but rebounds shoot out farther for sure, probably because i have one internal break instead of two. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Wow, the Vaughn logos pop with the white outline on the graphic, nicely done.  Are the logos transfers or cut and stitch?

Thank you. They’re just transfers. I believe I ordered pro logos but that might’ve got lost in translation somehow as I filled the stuff out on paper due to the graphic I chose, but I actually like how the transfers look better on the gloves 

On 8/11/2023 at 3:27 AM, erik19 said:

New hyperlite 2's came in!  

All navy, ice blue logos, thick boot (soft) profile, x-large, vapour90 glove, game ready pal, reinforced double T, 2-piece blocker xl size

IMG_6209.thumb.jpg.bb719066d908fb3669a95a5dda3d1317.jpg

IMG_6211.thumb.jpg.795878ad41943a7a1361994d06f9f976.jpgIMG_6212.thumb.jpg.7585fa90e58bb244aafedea48a308344.jpg

next to 36+1.5 Eflex 4s

IMG_6215.thumb.jpg.99b8e8500270bbffa308e9de1a2becf7.jpg

sets side by side. eflex 4 glove is 590 break

Can you add a pic of the boot area? Curious if going for the thick shin adds some kind of boot channel similar to mach

On 9/14/2023 at 2:20 PM, southpawtendy48 said:

Will reply with the specs fairly soon :) SLR3 pads, SLR3 blocker and ventus LT98 glove 

IMG_8977.jpeg

Ok. Finally got the time to fill out specs lol. And I was mistaken, I do have pro logos on everything :)

Glove: INT Palm, pro palm protection, double-t web, stiffer T on thumb and finger side. Pro logos

Blocker: INT palm, SLR2 finger guards, no index protector, XP style palm. Pro logos

Pads: stock strapping, traditional center toe bar (TGN spec pro laces later installed), stock leg channel, stock knee cradle, single external break, no internal break, stock toe flex, tapered toe, pro logos, no boot strap

Edited by southpawtendy48

Just got my new pants in and was bit surprised of them. I did (for some reason though) have an idea that I ordered a pair of HPG14A while my mind was set to HPG12/Premier with flat thighs, I had Premiers long time ago but size too small.

So opening the box and looking at the sticker saying something about the pants in the CCM long coding and the got the pants out and they looked as in the advertisement picture exactly, nice! Plain simple design, no hoitytoity materials and graphics. Just 100% hockey gear. Quickly trying how the paddings feel on hip and thigh areas and that was a bit of a stepdown as my current X2Pro Warriors do pack a lot more padding in them. But this doesn't mean that CCMs felt thin, just thinner. Then finally looked at the size tag saying HPG12A size L. WTF. Okay, I'm good now 😎 Then looking to the thigh boards and all again and yes, could've noticed it right away that these are definitely not HPG14A.

Rechecking the advertisement doesn't exactly say what HPG model were on sale, but size chart saying M-L-XL should've rang some bells.

Oh well now I have my sort of dream pants in and I'll have to add the tabs for knee pads before first use. That should be super easy as the pants are with the same structure as Premiers where the thigh boards are in a pocket closed with velcro. I'll add some jenpro and velcro in between and should be good to go. Other bonus with this pant structure is that if padding is ever proven to be too thin it is super easy to add a layer of foam in there. 

No picture of pants but they are only plain black HPG12A with stiched white CCM logos. And found some CCM suspenders to go with these.

DSC_1600_p.thumb.jpg.6b2311a4f707116bd4f106ef96c7b685.jpg

The tabs for knee pads:

DSC_1594_p.jpg.3d5b06886e5aabc2148a05503d8702de.jpg

Is Cortina supplying some other brands than CCM?

DSC_1601_p.jpg.9dde277fb3e46604ddbd77b8c4973639.jpg

Edited by ArdeFIN

Nothing fancy. 

Got a 60 degree liner for my G6. My G5 had one and I ended up liking it more than I realized. The 75 stock is great too, but I wanted to have the opportunity to go back and forth to see which one I do prefer long term. 

Also a replacement Warrior M2. 25" paddle, Twist blade curve. 

My V1 Pro has been used since I had my GT2 set at release and is really starting to show it's age lol. I don't go through sticks often. 

20230927_111756.thumb.jpg.c701f3c0d74521b6c28b5c50ac572e4e.jpg20230927_111800.thumb.jpg.f4ae39485305cc34c9ab92c99f890657.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Nothing fancy. 

Got a 60 degree liner for my G6. My G5 had one and I ended up liking it more than I realized. The 75 stock is great too, but I wanted to have the opportunity to go back and forth to see which one I do prefer long term. 

Also a replacement Warrior M2. 25" paddle, Twist blade curve. 

My V1 Pro has been used since I had my GT2 set at release and is really starting to show it's age lol. I don't go through sticks often. 

20230927_111756.thumb.jpg.c701f3c0d74521b6c28b5c50ac572e4e.jpg20230927_111800.thumb.jpg.f4ae39485305cc34c9ab92c99f890657.jpg

Never used a 60 degree palm but always been curious. I've always had 90 degree palms because I hated the feel of the stock 75 degree. 

On 9/20/2023 at 7:42 PM, ArdeFIN said:

Just got my new pants in and was bit surprised of them. I did (for some reason though) have an idea that I ordered a pair of HPG14A while my mind was set to HPG12/Premier with flat thighs, I had Premiers long time ago but size too small.

So opening the box and looking at the sticker saying something about the pants in the CCM long coding and the got the pants out and they looked as in the advertisement picture exactly, nice! Plain simple design, no hoitytoity materials and graphics. Just 100% hockey gear. Quickly trying how the paddings feel on hip and thigh areas and that was a bit of a stepdown as my current X2Pro Warriors do pack a lot more padding in them. But this doesn't mean that CCMs felt thin, just thinner. Then finally looked at the size tag saying HPG12A size L. WTF. Okay, I'm good now 😎 Then looking to the thigh boards and all again and yes, could've noticed it right away that these are definitely not HPG14A.

Rechecking the advertisement doesn't exactly say what HPG model were on sale, but size chart saying M-L-XL should've rang some bells.

Oh well now I have my sort of dream pants in and I'll have to add the tabs for knee pads before first use. That should be super easy as the pants are with the same structure as Premiers where the thigh boards are in a pocket closed with velcro. I'll add some jenpro and velcro in between and should be good to go. Other bonus with this pant structure is that if padding is ever proven to be too thin it is super easy to add a layer of foam in there. 

No picture of pants but they are only plain black HPG12A with stiched white CCM logos. And found some CCM suspenders to go with these.

DSC_1600_p.thumb.jpg.6b2311a4f707116bd4f106ef96c7b685.jpg

The tabs for knee pads:

DSC_1594_p.jpg.3d5b06886e5aabc2148a05503d8702de.jpg

Is Cortina supplying some other brands than CCM?

DSC_1601_p.jpg.9dde277fb3e46604ddbd77b8c4973639.jpg

Wish I could've warned you those weren't NHL pants. Saw those at my current local monkey sports and even though they're definitely better than retail models their still not quite HPG14 pants

11 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Never used a 60 degree palm but always been curious. I've always had 90 degree palms because I hated the feel of the stock 75 degree. 

Same boat but with the 90 degree. 

It's my least favourite break, so I'm not too keen on dropping money on a liner for it when there's a good chance I won't like it.