Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

2 hours ago, Matt35 said:

So this was waiting for me when I got home from work the other day! Very mobile straight out of the box and the protection seems unreal. Feels much better than anything else I tried on. Buying sight unseen and never trying on a Passau before was a bit nerve wracking but definitely worth the payoff! First skate of the year is next week.....can’t wait!!

952FDC13-C8A2-405C-9242-27578253AB21.jpeg

58E21A70-29A8-41BA-AC9B-36EC61416762.jpeg

Did you ask for any custom options other than the embroidery? I am considering ordering one in the next 6 months or so, literally can't beat the price-to-protection ratio for a new chest protector. Frankly I'm surprised how expensive stock retail units are these days, especially from the companies that make them overseas at a fraction of the cost of the North American made ones. Oh well, it's the way of the world.

Back on topic :).

13 hours ago, RichMan said:

I have the Weasel sling. Was just wondering of the quality and comfort. I'm looking into trying some other brands/makes.

You can't say that with a straight face, nah lolll 

Here is what my original Nash unit looks like currrently...

66EA4D69-2E99-4A54-893E-F8415A8BAD94.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2018 at 12:53 AM, CG35 said:

960XPM... sling, cage and harness installed... on it’s way to Schinny Monday.

4713A915-3953-41BE-A7C0-68285D3E1158.jpeg

4B46E59A-6314-4DAB-9958-D4AE33A30409.jpeg

How's the sling feel? I want to try one but I'm not sure if I'd like it considering how snug I like my mask.

Also, who makes that cat eye? The eye openings look bigger than my OTNY built one...make it's just an optical illusion but the lower bar appears to go lower. 

IMG_2680.jpg

9 hours ago, RichMan said:

I wish they'd round out the bicep and forearm blocks instead of just flat like that. The forearms would fit better in the gloves IMO. Wouldn't mind if they segmented the shoulder floaters right where it reads Passau. It would help with them taking shape to the body.

I haven’t noticed an issue with the forearms fitting into the gloves yet but I hear what you’re saying. Segmented floaters would be a great option, there isn’t much play in them but don’t seem to be in the way.....true test will be on the ice!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TitanG said:

Did you ask for any custom options other than the embroidery? I am considering ordering one in the next 6 months or so, literally can't beat the price-to-protection ratio for a new chest protector. Frankly I'm surprised how expensive stock retail units are these days, especially from the companies that make them overseas at a fraction of the cost of the North American made ones. Oh well, it's the way of the world.

Back on topic :).

Haha....yes, boggles my mind certain companies charge the same for their Pro line gear made overseas as the ones that make them here. But anyways, no other custom options, just the Pro Pack. I dealt with Tim and he was awesome! Answered all my questions, and there was a lot of them. Definitely worth reaching out to him, you won’t be disappointed!

15 hours ago, RichMan said:

I wish they'd round out the bicep and forearm blocks instead of just flat like that. The forearms would fit better in the gloves IMO. Wouldn't mind if they segmented the shoulder floaters right where it reads Passau. It would help with them taking shape to the body.

5 hours ago, Matt35 said:

I haven’t noticed an issue with the forearms fitting into the gloves yet but I hear what you’re saying. Segmented floaters would be a great option, there isn’t much play in them but don’t seem to be in the way.....true test will be on the ice!

Having used mine for about 6 skates now... I'd agree that having some segmented shoulder floaters would help... they obviously wouldn't stand as tall but would help. Given the new CCM NHL spec I'm wondering how well a diagonal break on the floater would help as well for some additional articulation.

I can't say I've really noticed any interference with glove or blocker on the forearm being flat... but I can see why something with a more rounded shape would be reduced for those who do. I did remove the small pads held on by hook and loop near the armpits... made me feel like i couldn't put my arms down. But did keep the larger ones on the sides. Aside from that the only piece that is bothersome on the unit right now is the small pad on the outside of the bicep. Has a tendency to move inside of the elbow floater and just feel awkward, but likely something that a stitch or two could fix.

image.thumb.png.e8f45909e2c9527f7432e27cb0e2a69f.png     image.thumb.png.48acdf68fba1a98287cd66f4164a2da1.png

11 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

How's the sling feel? I want to try one but I'm not sure if I'd like it considering how snug I like my mask.

Also, who makes that cat eye? The eye openings look bigger than my OTNY built one...make it's just an optical illusion but the lower bar appears to go lower. 

IMG_2680.jpg

The mask still fits snug, but it can move up and your jaw is free to move in behind the sling. It’s hard to explain. I feel very secure yet free. I have never had my mask come off yet, and I have been ran a few times during SeniorA playoffs. You don’t get that strapped hammock feeling you have in a cup. 

Cateye is an official Bauer cage.

Today: Bauer 1X pants, LG, and a Bauer 2S stick.

I'm most hesitant about the pants - I've been wearing Reebok/CCM pro returns for about 7 years now, and am VERY used to that style of pant...but the market on pro return pants right now just doesn't exist.

Looking forward to that stick, though. Ooooooh baby.

18 minutes ago, Murray said:

Today: Bauer 1X pants, LG, and a Bauer 2S stick.

I'm most hesitant about the pants - I've been wearing Reebok/CCM pro returns for about 7 years now, and am VERY used to that style of pant...but the market on pro return pants right now just doesn't exist.

Looking forward to that stick, though. Ooooooh baby.

prostockhockey.com has pro return pants. A lot of the time, it is Warrior pro (non-retail versions as these are S-XL with individual waist and inseam measurements, unlike the retail Ritual breezers), but I also see CCM, et.al. Hopefully you like your Bauers.

4 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

prostockhockey.com has pro return pants. A lot of the time, it is Warrior pro (non-retail versions as these are S-XL with individual waist and inseam measurements, unlike the retail Ritual breezers), but I also see CCM, et.al. Hopefully you like your Bauers.

Yeah, I'm pretty particular about brand and colour (as I'd imagine most of us here are), and I couldn't find anything that fit what I was looking for. That, combined with the fact that my 3 season-year-old Blackhawks return CCMs are absolutely toast, left me in a spot where I had to decide on something pretty much now.

I am looking forward to the Bauers, though...if anything because they are so, so light. It's really something.

10 hours ago, Murray said:

Yeah, I'm pretty particular about brand and colour (as I'd imagine most of us here are), and I couldn't find anything that fit what I was looking for. That, combined with the fact that my 3 season-year-old Blackhawks return CCMs are absolutely toast, left me in a spot where I had to decide on something pretty much now.

I am looking forward to the Bauers, though...if anything because they are so, so light. It's really something.

I get it.

Sometimes prostockhockey.com have what you want, sometimes they don’t. Since you can’t just pop into their location, you can’t go in and try something on. But one thing for certain: they have unique items. It’s been said that not everything they carry is actually pro stock. I can see that with player gloves and things like that. Their goal stuff is pro stock. Most of the goal stuff has KW’s signature on it...

Their Warrior goalie pants have no retail comparison. The problem with prostockhockey.com is that they have pretty well a ‘no returns, all sales final” policy unless they gave you the wrong info. Case in point: they told me that the Warrior Ritual pants were sized like the retail ones by inseam for the sizes. Nope. They are sized by both waist AND inseam, unlike the Ritual retail pant that is sized by inseam using an adjustable internal belt for waist sizes 29-38” (which would DEFINITELY not NHL legal). A small is a small; I have not seen a waist measurement in the high 20’s in a LONG time, LOL!  I did not have to threaten them with smearing them on the internet with misrepresented product to return those breezers, thank G’d!

Have you played in the new pants, yet?

2 hours ago, TresPasser said:

Here's some of my current gear. Somebody may notice a small addiction to a certain color combination. ?

C/A: Brown 2200 Russian Spec
Neck Guard: Kova
Pads and gloves: Brian's Optik
Skates: True One Piece
Mask: Wall W12

Brown.jpg

Kova.jpg

Optik.jpg

True.jpg

Wall.jpg

Diggin the setup! I had the same gold cage on my Wall but ended up having it powder coated white... didn't look nearly as good on me as it does on you. Well done sir!!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Diggin the setup! I had the same gold cage on my Wall but ended up having it powder coated white... didn't look nearly as good on me as it does on you. Well done sir!!

Thank you very much! ? There is something with the combination of black and gold that I have fell in love with and it has almost become my trademark. Even my previous car was black with golden rims. ?

Got the new VE8 pro C/A. Very lightweight and mobile. Coming from an old 5500 c/a the VE8 is the closest feel to my old c/a. Protection is very good. 

I also got True 2 piece skates with white toe caps and Bauer Vertex holders. Awesome skates!!

90208021-9A09-483F-8EC7-03B41A9CDBEB.jpeg

BF3BA6A8-C3CE-4D83-BF62-DA8C4FFBE411.jpeg

AD5F6648-EA6F-4B07-89C5-B9C86214AA5B.jpeg

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, TresPasser said:

Thank you very much! ? There is something with the combination of black and gold that I have fell in love with and it has almost become my trademark. Even my previous car was black with golden rims. ?

How have you liked the W12? wallmask.fi note of the new SIX12 cushion material used but haven't heard much about it (likely bc not too many guys go the way of ordering from Finland.)

1 hour ago, Bell31 said:

Got the new VE8 pro C/A. Very lightweight and mobile. Coming from an old 5500 c/a the VE8 is the closest feel to my old c/a. Protection is very good. 

I also got True 2 piece skates with white toe caps and Bauer Vertex holders. Awesome skates!!

90208021-9A09-483F-8EC7-03B41A9CDBEB.jpeg

AD5F6648-EA6F-4B07-89C5-B9C86214AA5B.jpeg

Flossy!!! Love the skates in particular. Once my S190s die True 2 piece will definitely be in the mix for new ones. Saving the image you posted to my virtual inspiration wall. My only suggestion would be to swap out the LS3G steels for Tydans w/DLC (not sure how the Bauer 5G compares to them) but the 3Gs were like a warm stick of butter every time I touched a post. The Tydans hold an edge MUCH better. 

This is about all that I have currently... Here.

No photo's really just the steps taken. I used the backside of an Olfa blade and my fingers to scrape off the excess padding and leave the stitching intact.

The gasket punch is as shown below... most likely available at Princess Auto/Harbor Freight depending where you live.

I likely won't need to replace one of these for at least a year or two now.

The main thing is taking the time to line-up the sling where you want it to fit and get the holes marked with a sharpie/pen through the holes in the mask shell. Then double and triple check that is where you want it before you make the holes with the punch.  

The second time around I just used my original sling as a template to trace them onto the new one.

If you still need more... I'll see what I can do.