Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

3 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Given the Vaughn discussions and criticisms here lately (mostly about pads, gloves, owner rants, customer service and business models), I haven't removed the tag on this yet, and I have the receipt - so if anyone has this bag and hates it and/or has a good reason why I should return it, please let me know by Friday!

No one is really knocking the quality of their stuff. They still make good gear and even their senior line holds up very well.

We're just knocking their inability to adapt to the market.

10 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

No one is really knocking the quality of their stuff. They still make good gear and even their senior line holds up very well.

We're just knocking their inability to adapt to the market.

LOL - yeah, I know - my statement was tongue-in-cheek, given the (at best) tenuous link between a bag I bought in a brick-and-mortar store, and the number of pros leaving the brand/wait times for custom orders  ;)

3 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Bought a bag  (yes, with wheels; depending on your POV, I'm either old now, or will be soon - and I can injure myself plenty good without it being bag-carrying related.) Haven't hauled gear to the rink in it yet, but I like it - and it has integrated straps for securing my pads to the top of the bag, so I can retire the yellow bungee cord I had been using on my old bag, and sent it to the HHOF xD

Given the Vaughn discussions and criticisms here lately (mostly about pads, gloves, owner rants, customer service and business models), I haven't removed the tag on this yet, and I have the receipt - so if anyone has this bag and hates it and/or has a good reason why I should return it, please let me know by Friday!

bag.jpg

Looks like an awesome bag.  I really like the option of strapping the pads to your bag.  Keep us posted on how it works out for you.

22 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Sounds like you may be coming down with a case of OLD! LOL!

But seriously, what is your current set up, @coopaloop1234? Presently, I have a skate-lace toe tie with a few inches of slack knotted into them. Not that I feel pain that I can directly attribute to my toe-ties, but I had wondered if I should be getting something like this too.

@ZeroGravitas Used my Pro Laces with my RGT Pros last night... They're a must.  I've always used the ARS straps but now will not use anything else.  Better pad response, improved flexibility on my knees and ankles... and improved attack angle.

38 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

@ZeroGravitas Used my Pro Laces with my RGT Pros last night... They're a must.  I've always used the ARS straps but now will not use anything else.  Better pad response, improved flexibility on my knees and ankles... and improved attack angle. 

Thanks, that's great to know. I bought Monster HALs and Pro Laces at the same time a year ago, but never opened the Pro Laces. I'll throw them on and try them out.

On 9/10/2018 at 12:42 PM, Lucky Pucker said:

Sounds like you may be coming down with a case of OLD! LOL!

But seriously, what is your current set up, @coopaloop1234? Presently, I have a skate-lace toe tie with a few inches of slack knotted into them. Not that I feel pain that I can directly attribute to my toe-ties, but I had wondered if I should be getting something like this too.

You should definitely look into some version of the Pro Laces.  They're infinitely better than regular laces with slack.  

• Thanks 1

Picked up this vaughn 8880 epic pro return (not sure from who exactly) this literally just came in, this is my first impression of it

first off, I wear a cotton glove with my trapper pictured below, the rest is pics of the trapper and closure.

as I said before, I wear a cotton glove with does take up some space but you get a little less control. despite that, this glove still closes very easily out of the box and mind you this is very lightly used. the way the thing curves down at the fingers really conforms to my hand extremely well you can see I’ve got an interesting closure on it and there’s not much I can do to change it. it’s definitely weird at first glance but I don’t mind it too much. like I said, this thing fits very snugly on my hand, the wrist mobility is great and I hardly have to tighten anything except the inside Velcro at the top of my hand. really happy with it so far.

will update you all once I get some shots with this thing.  

4AC5D699-6793-42C1-B854-76F5F1C5EE61.jpeg

82F4C711-742C-441E-A8FC-92CE44271CE0.jpeg

51715C7E-1CA0-49F0-9A25-7EB1F1DDEC2E.jpeg

7276F957-EDF3-4ABE-93A9-23B07BB655C7.jpeg

0D6C3014-B030-4F51-A55C-73DC1C5CAD35.jpeg

697FA85F-45D2-47D6-87A4-A9DADE5615FE.jpeg

D5634ECB-ABD0-4B27-B2F2-1218C2C5132C.jpeg

Edited by southpawtendy48
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Picked up this vaughn 8880 epic pro return (not sure from who exactly) this literally just came in, this is my first impression of it

dirst off, I wear a cotton glove with my trapper pictured below, the rest is pics of the trapper and closure.

as I said before, I wear a cotton glove with does take up some space but you get a little less control. despite that, this glove still closes very easily out of the box and mind you this is very lightly used. the way the thing curves down at the fingers really conforms to my hand extremely well you can see I’ve got an interesting closure on it and there’s not much I can do to change it. it’s definitely weird at first glance but I don’t mind it too much. like I said, this thing fits very snugly on my hand, the wrist mobility is great and I hardly have to tighten anything except the inside Velcro at the top of my hand. really happy with it so far.

will update you all once I get some shots with this thing.  

4AC5D699-6793-42C1-B854-76F5F1C5EE61.jpeg

Interesting you use a cotton glove. When and how did that become part of your gear? 

3 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Interesting you use a cotton glove. When and how did that become part of your gear? 

So my first ever glove was a custom intermediate CCM premier, 590 break. I started using it a few months after, even at an intermediate the CCM and the pocket was still huge, so I started using the cotton glove to take up more space so there was less loose spaces around the thumb and fingers.

It’s actually easier to close gloves with my bare hand than with the cotton since you feel it a bit more but it’s way too loose for my liking. even if I try to tighten the leather straps it only stretches my fingers out and that actually makes it harder to close so I left it as is. 

On 9/11/2018 at 6:55 AM, Lucky Pucker said:

Bought a bag  (yes, with wheels; depending on your POV, I'm either old now, or will be soon - and I can injure myself plenty good without it being bag-carrying related.) Haven't hauled gear to the rink in it yet, but I like it - and it has integrated straps for securing my pads to the top of the bag, so I can retire the yellow bungee cord I had been using on my old bag, and sent it to the HHOF xD

bag.jpg

In the end, I decided to return this Vaughn bag. Did a dry run, with all gear in, and tried to strap my pads on top with the straps provided for this purpose. Even at their loosest, it was really hard to close them. Coming from a large player bag, I was sorta used to exterior pockets - which most goalie bags I looked at don't have. OK, I can adjust and use interior pouches. BUT, in the Vaughn, accessing those interior pouches is really difficult, as the flap of the D-closure hinders accessing the frickin pouch. Hard to explain/visualize, but aggravating. Only 2 grab handles too... anyway, I think I liked the look and idea of having a Vaughn bag, but it just wasn't for me as far as functionality - especially as Warrior, Bauer, and CCM options beside it were $20-30 cheaper.

Went with this one instead, packed it easily, and went to a game yesterday thinking nothing about my bag - which is a good thing!

image.png.35c84a06ffde411283e9a679504bf25c.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

In the end, I decided to return this Vaughn bag. Did a dry run, with all gear in, and tried to strap my pads on top with the straps provided for this purpose. Even at their loosest, it was really hard to close them. Coming from a large player bag, I was sorta used to exterior pockets - which most goalie bags I looked at don't have. OK, I can adjust and use interior pouches. BUT, in the Vaughn, accessing those interior pouches is really difficult, as the flap of the D-closure hinders accessing the frickin pouch. Hard to explain/visualize, but aggravating. Only 2 grab handles too... anyway, I think I liked the look and idea of having a Vaughn bag, but it just wasn't for me as far as functionality - especially as Warrior, Bauer, and CCM options beside it were $20-30 cheaper.

Went with this one instead, packed it easily, and went to a game yesterday thinking nothing about my bag - which is a good thing!

image.png.35c84a06ffde411283e9a679504bf25c.png

Looked this one up in the spring. A few different models from the same series, and none any cheaper than the other :( 

12 hours ago, RichMan said:

Looked this one up in the spring. A few different models from the same series, and none any cheaper than the other :( 

Well, at the Pro Hockey Life on Bank (near Hunt Club), I think the Warrior bag was $169. They also had the Brian’s wheel bag for $149 or something? No pad straps on it, but a decent price and pretty solid (I looked at it too when I was there)