Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

Posted this on another thread but oh well

vaughn epic 8880 pro return. has a weird ass closure on it but it closed very easily out of the box, it was also very lightly used so I think I got lucky with it.

i was hoping without having to go full custom that i could get a backup glove so i don’t wear out my main one too much.

overall I like how it feels but playing with it it kinda feels small if thag makes sense, I guess I like a bigger catching surface.

so far I love it, but the feel is so different from my LT98 that I don’t think it’ll fit well being the backup.

591862A7-1611-44BB-8167-9379B3844733.jpeg

8ABB99C5-90B3-4D63-AB4A-BB85807D211B.jpeg

12 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Solid replacements... what are your thoughts so far on each?

I love the pads.  I was concerned at first because I was so used to my old style of play that I didn’t know if I was going to be able to make the transition to the newer pads. I like the knee pads that came with the G-netiks; they make landing on the more dense foam of the knee landings a bit easier on my knees.  Posted a shutout in the second game I wore them in. 

The helmet is great as well.  It runs a bit hot with the Maltese, but it’s not unbearable.  It is on the heavy side, but that was a trade off I was willing to make to have more protection.  My old Hackva was great, but I think the build quality of the OTNY is a step above the Hackva.

The next couple of things I’m going to pick up are skates and a new chesty. 

Edited by Bearded Goalie

I picked up a used Wall W10 for 200USD.

Picked up an eco foam kit for it and new hardware.

Foam kit is velcroed in so I can swap to any other shell or mix n match with my maltese kit.

The previous owner put a Bauer cat eye on it, and I had a cateye for the 9600 im refurbing....

20180925_223016.jpg

Edited by MangoRhinehart
  • Like 1

New G4 Sr. set. I've never been so pumped to play hockey in my life. Coming from Simmons 994 set and Pro series gloves which I hated. Now I just have to figure out how much slack I need to leave when tieing the knee pads into my pants. Never used knee pads before but doing some carpet fly's convinced me knee protection is absolutely necessary for this set, which I assume is why they come with them.

Warrior.jpg

Edited by Pauly35or00
  • Like 5

21 hours ago, RichMan said:

How does the chin sling feel?

I like the Nash sling... had one in my other helmet for a year or so now. Same set-up just factory harness. I’ll likely never go back to a cup.

Correction: It’s actually been a little over two years with the sling.

Edited by CG35

4 hours ago, Pauly35or00 said:

New G4 Sr. set. I've never been so pumped to play hockey in my life. Coming from Simmons 994 set and Pro series gloves which I hated. Now I just have to figure out how much slack I need to leave when tieing the knee pads into my pants. Never used knee pads before but doing some carpet fly's convinced me knee protection is absolutely necessary for this set, which I assume is why they come with them.

Warrior.jpg

Wow, you've never used knee pads? 

I'd play without a cup before kneepads. 

At this point I'd be terrified without them.

12 hours ago, CG35 said:

I like the Nash sling... had one in my other helmet for a year or so now. Same set-up just factory harness. I’ll likely never go back to a cup.

Correction: It’s actually been a little over two years with the sling.

I have the Weasel sling. Was just wondering of the quality and comfort. I'm looking into trying some other brands/makes.

9 hours ago, seagoal said:

Wow, you've never used knee pads? 

I'd play without a cup before kneepads. 

At this point I'd be terrified without them.

You can't say that with a straight face, nah lolll 

8 hours ago, RichMan said:

I have the Weasel sling. Was just wondering of the quality and comfort. I'm looking into trying some other brands/makes.

You can't say that with a straight face, nah lolll 

The Nash version is pretty good quality... it's jenpro backed with 1/4" rubatex foam. I punch new holes, trace and trim the ends, then remove the foam so it has a better fit for the 960XPM helmet liner. The glue left over helps attach it to the mechanical liner. They do stretch into shape a bit over time, but my originals still going strong after around 200 ice times for sure. Beard has made some grooves into foam, but it hasn't come apart at all. Pricing and availability are good. I would recommend.

So this was waiting for me when I got home from work the other day! Very mobile straight out of the box and the protection seems unreal. Feels much better than anything else I tried on. Buying sight unseen and never trying on a Passau before was a bit nerve wracking but definitely worth the payoff! First skate of the year is next week.....can’t wait!!

952FDC13-C8A2-405C-9242-27578253AB21.jpeg

58E21A70-29A8-41BA-AC9B-36EC61416762.jpeg

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Matt35 said:

So this was waiting for me when I got home from work the other day! Very mobile straight out of the box and the protection seems unreal. Feels much better than anything else I tried on. Buying sight unseen and never trying on a Passau before was a bit nerve wracking but definitely worth the payoff! First skate of the year is next week.....can’t wait!!

952FDC13-C8A2-405C-9242-27578253AB21.jpeg

58E21A70-29A8-41BA-AC9B-36EC61416762.jpeg

I wish they'd round out the bicep and forearm blocks instead of just flat like that. The forearms would fit better in the gloves IMO. Wouldn't mind if they segmented the shoulder floaters right where it reads Passau. It would help with them taking shape to the body.

Edited by RichMan

Bauer Double Bar CatEye is from Pure Goalie 

Outsider Straps from Goalie Parts

Nash chin sling from my local Source For Sports store... modified by me.

For the USA based products we have this awesome service here where we can go pick-up... it's about an hours drive... 5 minutes across the line.