Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

On 9/8/2018 at 10:06 AM, Tendy01 said:

Seeing as I spent all day at work yesterday going through this forum, I figured I'd throw my new CCM's in as well. (First post so still getting the hang of the website)

Full CCM EFlex 3 Set-up

Pads:

33+3

Full Speed Skin

Double internal, no external break

Tight leg channel

6034F204-AE27-4E76-94C8-699014118CF6.thumb.jpeg.757c1bbab413dae1c1338c186adb390b.jpeg

Glove:

590° break

Game ready palm

Double tee

3FC224A1-E596-4A70-AE95-017B4AC9DA0E.thumb.jpeg.52fe1d85771f9ccd3c44fe6b379f63b2.jpeg

Blocker:

Essentially stock, blockers a blocker ;) 

125BFCE6-B8A3-4778-A3A1-9BC6190ACDE3.thumb.jpeg.6f8147c3375f781d6be90ea758dd7cdb.jpeg

Haven't gotten to use this stuff too much, got busy with school, can do a review after I get more uses in it. Big fan of the double tee (first time with one), love the visibility i get through the glove, haven't really noticed any other difference though. Speed skin wasn't as noticeable as I thought. 

0D410338-CD1A-4CC1-8C59-1B8D99039076.jpeg

When you are done with those in a couple years, give me a shout. :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Just placed an order for a set myself. Been dealing with a bit of knee pain on the left leg. Hoping these will alleviate some stress. 

You wear Ritual GT leg pads, right? Were you using the Active Response Straps previously?

I too have been dealing with some pain in the knee area, though it is on my right leg. Took off the heel ARS and had some relief, but I am still using the toe strap. Even with the toe strap, I'm still getting some pain. Thinking of switching back to the HALs I had on my previous pad or just getting some Pro Laces instead.

9 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Just placed an order for a set myself. Been dealing with a bit of knee pain on the left leg. Hoping these will alleviate some stress. 

Sounds like you may be coming down with a case of OLD! LOL!

But seriously, what is your current set up, @coopaloop1234? Presently, I have a skate-lace toe tie with a few inches of slack knotted into them. Not that I feel pain that I can directly attribute to my toe-ties, but I had wondered if I should be getting something like this too.

16 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

You wear Ritual GT leg pads, right? Were you using the Active Response Straps previously?

I too have been dealing with some pain in the knee area, though it is on my right leg. Took off the heel ARS and had some relief, but I am still using the toe strap. Even with the toe strap, I'm still getting some pain. Thinking of switching back to the HALs I had on my previous pad or just getting some Pro Laces instead.

Yessir, had them since release.

I've never had any issues prior to this. Last week played a game where I had to make an awkward tip save and it messed up my left knee ligament a bit. Took a week off, it felt fine, played last night and it was still semi there.

Decided to get a looser set up as the ARS can be tight. Even though they're heavily broken in.

13 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Sounds like you may be coming down with a case of OLD! LOL!

But seriously, what is your current set up, @coopaloop1234? Presently, I have a skate-lace toe tie with a few inches of slack knotted into them. Not that I feel pain that I can directly attribute to my toe-ties, but I had wondered if I should be getting something like this too.

Hey, I'm a month from 30. That officially over the hill right?

RGT with the stock ARS straps. They're well worn in as I've had them for over 1.5 years. Since going the elastic route, I couldn't go back to stock lace. I'd heavily recommend any sort of elastic toe strap.

Edited by coopaloop1234

7 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Wow - almost 30. Tell us more about the 2010s, Grandad? LOL!

What do people think of the Brian's? I had them in my hand this weekend, and then put them back.

image.jpeg.0ff1105ad835b33ca293d706043793cf.jpeg

Probably the most frustrating on all the elastic strapping options out there.

So many better options in my opinion

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Wow - almost 30. Tell us more about the 2010s, Grandad? LOL!

What do people think of the Brian's? I had them in my hand this weekend, and then put them back.

image.jpeg.0ff1105ad835b33ca293d706043793cf.jpeg

I was an early adopter of these. I ended up having to tape them on to prevent them from moving around. One day I forgot. Let’s just say that in the time I needed to retain focus, I could not. 

Be glad you put them back.

• Thanks 1

Just now, bunnyman666 said:

I was an early adopter of these. I ended up having to tape them on to prevent them from moving around. One day I forgot. Let’s just say that in the time I needed to retain focus, I could not. 

Be glad you put them back.

Damn... I AM glad I did just that! Even the sales guy I was talking to (who was great), was sorta implying that they were a bit dodgy...

I put these Brian's straps aside when I bought my Brian's Optiks because they were too long.  I have a shortened version of them (purchased separately but same type) that go through my front skate hole then back through the middle skate hole and velcro together on top of my skate laces.  I have had no issues at all and I love them.  They offer good flex but not as restrictive as the Warrior strap I've used before or laces.  Easier on your knees and ankles.

I have no issues with it coming loose as it is a double velcro capture.  This really helps as snow and ice can build up and if it was a single velcro I could see how it would fail.  No issues with putting them on and easy to take off.

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Thanks for the setup visual.

You're just upset that your best years are long behind you. ;)

I dunno - I'll probably get a few of my "best years" right at the tail end of things, when I'm too old and effed up to realize things piss me off, and too old to give a damn anyway! xD

Oh, and GET OFF MY GRASS!!!

7 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I dunno - I'll probably get a few of my "best years" right at the tail end of things, when I'm too old and effed up to realize things piss me off, and too old to give a damn anyway! xD

Oh, and GET OFF MY GRASS!!!

Is that really your best years when you can't remember anything else? There's no comparison!

1 hour ago, Adam Cooper said:

I put these Brian's straps aside when I bought my Brian's Optiks because they were too long.  I have a shortened version of them (purchased separately but same type) that go through my front skate hole then back through the middle skate hole and velcro together on top of my skate laces.  I have had no issues at all and I love them.  They offer good flex but not as restrictive as the Warrior strap I've used before or laces.  Easier on your knees and ankles.

I have no issues with it coming loose as it is a double velcro capture.  This really helps as snow and ice can build up and if it was a single velcro I could see how it would fail.  No issues with putting them on and easy to take off.

What he said. I tried the various bungee set ups, found them too restrictive.

The only change I made was to knot some skate lace like you would with the skate lace set up. and connect that to the pad, instead of using the cord supplied.

I too just received some regular Pro Laces last week. I`m hoping to save them for new pads for this season. Looking at the Warrior GT SR like my GT glove. It`s hard to get new stuff and hold off from trying it with your old stuff right now. I`m talking accessories of course.

The elastics will feel different from my sliding toes but should be much easier to tie up before the game :) 

Bought a bag  (yes, with wheels; depending on your POV, I'm either old now, or will be soon - and I can injure myself plenty good without it being bag-carrying related.) Haven't hauled gear to the rink in it yet, but I like it - and it has integrated straps for securing my pads to the top of the bag, so I can retire the yellow bungee cord I had been using on my old bag, and sent it to the HHOF xD

Given the Vaughn discussions and criticisms here lately (mostly about pads, gloves, owner rants, customer service and business models), I haven't removed the tag on this yet, and I have the receipt - so if anyone has this bag and hates it and/or has a good reason why I should return it, please let me know by Friday!

bag.jpg