Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

Not mine but just saw this on Just Hockey Toronto's FB page. The leggins on the right seem to be goalie specific. You can see the pockets under the knee area to support and prevent knee pads from slipping down. Interesting. Anyone know this brand? Any good?

Image may contain: people standing

Edited by RichMan

On 10/5/2018 at 10:28 AM, RichMan said:

Not mine but just saw this on Just Hockey Toronto's FB page. The leggins on the right seem to be goalie specific. You can see the pockets under the knee area to support and prevent knee pads from slipping down. Interesting. Anyone know this brand? Any good?

Oops, might of misunderstood which is which...

Plenty of @oneirichockey protective leggings available in both Origin & goalie models for Sr & Jr sizes, both models come with the added Kevlar sleeve at the bottom with the origins featuring a sleeve for your shin pad to keep in in place during the game 
#justhockeytoronto #weknowourstuff #oneiric

1 hour ago, RichMan said:

Oops, might of misunderstood which is which...

Plenty of @oneirichockey protective leggings available in both Origin & goalie models for Sr & Jr sizes, both models come with the added Kevlar sleeve at the bottom with the origins featuring a sleeve for your shin pad to keep in in place during the game 
#justhockeytoronto #weknowourstuff #oneiric

You are correct about the models.

I've been using the Genesis for a few months now.  I really like them.  I don't really feel like the padding on the back (back of calf and thigh) is a huge sell, but it's there.  The kevlar sleeve let me go back to a lighter more structured sock, rather than the steel, cut resistant socks that get prickly after about a year and need to be replaced.  

It is a little weirdly proportioned.  I don't have overly big legs, but I do have the combination goalie/former fat kid legs that make buying jeans a little difficult.  I'm also not slim by any means either, but the ratio of waist size to leg size is kind of crazy.  I forget if I got XL or L, but basically the legs fit perfectly, and then I can hike the waist half way up my torso.  It's still actually pretty comfortable, and there is a rubber strip along the inside of the waistband to keep them from slipping.  

The order process may get a little weird depending on their stock.  They're a smaller company that does orders based on overall stock, so I bought mine last February as a "Pre-sale" discount.  They came in July, but that was the expectation and they kept in communication to let me know updates.

Overall a great buy in the end.

Got some Custom Cages vinyl, and actually had some time to stick ‘em on today. I mean, it’s no Daveart, but at $30, can’t really go wrong. Besides, I’m not a fan of non-figurative abstraction by American action painters as the inspiration for mask art.

7B10FD85-CBA5-49B3-810F-FE7D7C6DD64C.jpeg

F11C7A12-81CB-4BE7-98BF-F75F1857E79C.jpeg

Edited by Lucky Pucker
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Got some Custom Cages vinyl, and actually had some time to stick ‘em on today. I mean, it’s no Daveart, but at $30, can’t really go wrong. Besides, I’m not a fan of non-figurative abstraction by American action painters as the inspiration for mask art.

Have you seen our comments about Daveart ?

22 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

That's awesome! And a lot better than some of Dave's creations if you ask me lol

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Have you seen our comments about Daveart ?

But of course! I even thought of doing a parody post with this - a la @stackem30, but didn’t have the time (and wouldn’t have done as good a job anyway).

Having studied Art History throughout university, I was a bit irritated by the Daveart abstract expressionism write up... but then he is being paid to do art, and I’m not, so maybe knowing the history really IS unimportant... lol!

I'm also not being paid to play goalie... or drink beer... maybe I have to rethink my hobbies and passions a bit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I’ve also done Custom Cages and they are exceptional. I paid $80 for custom art work that they did for me “ Star Wars theme” and it was well worth the price. Over a year later, no peeling. It’s waterproof and does not chip from puck shots or sticks hitting my mask.  What’s great is that if it does get damaged or you get bored you just peel off and order a new one. 

• Like 1

So I'm not sure how legit this is, and it's not why I bought it nor was it advertised as such, but I think this is a Reimer Pro Return (note the KW in the photo). If it's not, someone went to great lengths to fake it. Either way, it's a pretty great gently used glove with a floating-t mod. If the seller is on here, thanks so much!

20181009_175753.jpg

20181009_175647.jpg

20181009_175634.jpg

20181009_175623.jpg

• Like 1

In the words of Joe Walsh, "Life's been good to me so far".

These just came in the mail yesterday. I've never used a G1 Shooter before so we'll see how it goes. 

First Impressions: It seemed really light and balanced compared to my chopped True A6.0 FC Pro. Love the color.

IMG_0283.JPG

Y'all like the messy garage floor background?

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Like 2

On 10/8/2018 at 9:13 PM, Adam Cooper said:

I’ve also done Custom Cages and they are exceptional. I paid $80 for custom art work that they did for me “ Star Wars theme” and it was well worth the price. Over a year later, no peeling. It’s waterproof and does not chip from puck shots or sticks hitting my mask.  What’s great is that if it does get damaged or you get bored you just peel off and order a new one. 

Pictures?........pleeeease.

I'm looking into ordering one myself.