Seattle Kraken Expansion Team

seagoal

1 hour ago, Chester said:

And it starts.......

image.thumb.png.7ea1430d7c5a07e7c5ebf2accdecdfb7.png

Haha, yeah, that tattoo is famous already here and by extension so is that person who lives in that skin.

It was the first one online...in a matter of hours and there's a petition to get this person comped season tickets.

Seattle is a very heavily tattooed city...as you might imagine.  

47 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Haha, yeah, that tattoo is famous already here and by extension so is that person who lives in that skin.

It was the first one online...in a matter of hours and there's a petition to get this person comped season tickets.

Seattle is a very heavily tattooed city...as you might imagine.  

That looks swollen and has potential of infection. I used to teach universal HIV/STD precautions in the 90s. 

1 hour ago, Dumpy said:

That looks swollen and has potential of infection. I used to teach universal HIV/STD precautions in the 90s. 

Do you know anything about tattoos or have any experience with them?  Swelling and redness is completely normal.  A tattoo is tens of thousands or needle pricks in a small area .  Infections are very rare. 

18 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Do you know anything about tattoos or have any experience with them?  Swelling and redness is completely normal.  A tattoo is tens of thousands or needle pricks in a small area .  Infections are very rare. 

I never had any and do know that if fresh needles and ink are used, the biggest risk is allergy to the ink. 

27 minutes ago, seagoal said:

One juvenile detention center I had to go to the kids were passing Hepatitis to each other from the ink and needles they was using. That was fun

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dumpy said:

One juvenile detention center I had to go to the kids were passing Hepatitis to each other from the ink and needles they was using. That was fun

Ha.  Ok.  I'm willing to bet juveniles in detention centers are not good standard bearers for just about anything,  especially sanitation and safety.

I'm covered in tattoos.  I have more ink than free space.   Zero infections or reactions , other than a few little pimples on red ink......which happens to be an octopus,  appropriately for this thread :)

4 hours ago, seagoal said:

Ha.  Ok.  I'm willing to bet juveniles in detention centers are not good standard bearers for just about anything,  especially sanitation and safety.

I'm covered in tattoos.  I have more ink than free space.   Zero infections or reactions , other than a few little pimples on red ink......which happens to be an octopus,  appropriately for this thread :)

Just so you know no judgment here tattoos aint for me but if there good for you and your happy, Im happy too. 

4 hours ago, seagoal said:

Here's a look at brand new Fanatics gear.  It's neat to see the logo in other contexts.

Also,  someone took that tattoo with the logos combined and made it look official.  Looks pretty sick.

20200723_204522.jpg

20200723_204457.jpg

20200723_204424.jpg

20200723_204312.jpg

20200723_204614.jpg

Screenshot_20200724-145058_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200724-144941_Samsung Internet.jpg

The team spirit stuff looks good they thought out the logo on stuff and it shows @seagoal i bet your credit card is on fire with all that stuff in your cart lol

13 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

That'll be Phil Kessel's nickname after he's taken in the expansion draft.

Perfect! He's probably got the plumbers-crack to back it up too, LOL

10 hours ago, Chester said:

And it starts.......

image.thumb.png.7ea1430d7c5a07e7c5ebf2accdecdfb7.png

Nice! Not many NHL teams have a logo that translated into a tattoo nicely, but this works out great. I guess that requirement was high on the list for a Seattle team ;) Tattoos, crack jokes (drug and butt-crack), climate-friendly arena...it's all falling into place...

3 hours ago, estogoalie said:

...wait...the anchor and S combined in the tattoo is not an official logo? They are two separate logos? I'm confused.

It's  not. That's a combination that this guy and tattoo artist created.

The S and the anchor are officially separate logos. 

11 hours ago, seagoal said:

Screenshot_20200724-145058_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200724-144941_Samsung Internet.jpg

2 hours ago, seagoal said:

It's  not. That's a combination that this guy and tattoo artist created.

The S and the anchor are officially separate logos. 

...so that jersey and anchor+S screenshot from your phone is just a mashup someone made? They should make that the official logo, looks cool blended together like that. Should be a 3rd jersey at minimum.

Edited by estogoalie

22 hours ago, seagoal said:

My buddy here is irate.  He's hates the name, the colors, the jersey, and the logo.  After pressing him, he doesn't like that the logo itself is not the name,  so not a Kraken. And, even if it were, there are no Kraken in Puget Sound so it's stupid anyway.

In his mind, the City Thing format should mean your logo is the Thing AND there must be the Things in your City.  

By my count, 17/32 meet this requirement.  

Meh, doesn't bother me.  I think conceptually our logo resembles Philadelphia or New Jersey most. Plus, our logo honors the Metropolitan's S, so that's a win.

I love it all so far for our new team.

20200724_095034.jpg

Well the kraken is based off of either the giant squids or a giant octopus. Really depends on the story and interpretation. 

As the giant Pacific octopus does inhabit our waters, it's not a stretch for Seattle to be called the kraken.

It's a very suitable name and your buddy is stupid. 

46 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Well the kraken is based off of either the giant squids or a giant octopus. Really depends on the story and interpretation. 

As the giant Pacific octopus does inhabit our waters, it's not a stretch for Seattle to be called the kraken.

It's a very suitable name and your buddy is stupid. 

100% agreement 

Further to @coopaloop1234’s comments: what we know as the “cougar” in the Pacific Northwest is known a mountain lion, puma or even panther in other parts of North America. Similarly, “Bigfoot” is also known as the “Sasquatch” to first nations people and “Yeti” in parts of Asia.

The Humboldt (or giant) squid, which can be up to 50 feet long and weigh up to 1 ton lives in the waters of the Pacific Northwest with sightings going back to the 1800s. The Norse Kraken could easily be the Humboldt in these areas. Based on that, the name is very relevant.

(Whether or not your buddy is stupid is probably a conversation those that know him should have).

It is also not beneath me to suggest that the official merchandise gift shop(s) be named “Get Kraken” (It’s so nice to reside in the anonymity of the internet)