Ultra Sonic - Bauer Supreme 2020 Line

TheGoalNet

39 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Agreed. Being able to make finer adjustments would really open up the possibilities.

Digitally printed graphics, and all they give on the face of the pad is three colour zones.

I don't know who thought that was a good idea, but it wasn't.

Still they look quite good.

1 hour ago, CJ Boiss said:

Digitally printed graphics, and all they give on the face of the pad is three colour zones.

I don't know who thought that was a good idea, but it wasn't.

From Bauer perspective it was a great idea. That way they can force more clients to their True Design.

14 minutes ago, Nohtaram said:

From Bauer perspective it was a great idea. That way they can force more clients to their True Design.

I hate companies that try to manipulate their customers into spending more by withholding product improvements that cost them nothing. Toxic business practices.

And the graphics they have look like crap. Can't do anything interesting with them.

Edited by CJ Boiss
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Nohtaram said:

6 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

I hate companies that try to manipulate their customers into spending more by withholding product improvements that cost them nothing. Toxic business practices.

And the graphics they have look like crap. Can't do anything interesting with them.

While I agree that the number of color zones is disappointing... I'm not so sure we can immediately jump on the corporate greed bandwagon. I don't think many people who opt for Pro Custom with a graphic do so because of the number of color zones. They have greatly expanded leg wrap, strapping, and back cover color options. Although oddly enough brown or purple in Zone 1 yield white knee and calf landings. Not sure how often those options would be used... but interesting none the less.

18 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Man, has Bauer ever put out a good looking stock pad? I can't think of one even going back to the Nike days.

It's a good thing they're able to print almost any design you want, their stock gear is so damn boring.

The total one and NXG weren't that bad IMO

man the customizer is buggy as hell.  the desktop version doesnt give you the option to change the supreme logo color and the mobile version gives you all the options for both graphics.  Also no way to change the lacing color on the welting to black, but I am pretty sure thats an option if @TheGoalNet set is any indication.

Edited by Telfo

3 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

While I agree that the number of color zones is disappointing... I'm not so sure we can immediately jump on the corporate greed bandwagon. I don't think many people who opt for Pro Custom with a graphic do so because of the number of color zones. They have greatly expanded leg wrap, strapping, and back cover color options. Although oddly enough brown or purple in Zone 1 yield white knee and calf landings. Not sure how often those options would be used... but interesting none the less.

They also have the non-Pro customizer, if you want senior-level Bauer pads that don't look like crap. Though they'll charge you through the nose for it, and you'll probably end up spending as much as you would for custom Pro pads from another manufacturer.

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Man, has Bauer ever put out a good looking stock pad? I can't think of one even going back to the Nike days.

It's a good thing they're able to print almost any design you want, their stock gear is so damn boring.

Only if you're willing to shell out a bunch of extra cash. Over 3K USD for a set of Vapor 2X Pro with custom graphics (over $4300 CAD right now). I could get a custom set of Warrior gear and save a thousand bucks. Custom sets from Mckenney and Passau are ~$2500 CAD.

And honestly? I have serious doubts about the durability of Bauer gear these days. Four grand just to get a custom graphic on some pads that will probably last me half as long as a set from Warrior, Mckenney, or Passau? Not a chance.

1 minute ago, CJ Boiss said:

And honestly? I have serious doubts about the durability of Bauer gear these days. Four grand just to get a custom graphic on some pads that will probably last me half as long as a set from Warrior, Mckenney, or Passau? Not a chance.

Bauer gear will last just as long as any other manufacturer.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

Ugh, that large middle section needs to be split into top, bottom and the lines and it would open up the graphic so much more

I agree, but most of the companies that offer 10-12 color zones on the face end up making the same graphic for most people, typically 3-4 "bloc zones". Even with those options, I'd probably end up with a similar design.

This graphic is the most detailed they have made available as stock since their digital print era started. May not have 25 color zones but the graphic is clean and effective. Plus, that zone 2 has really nice details. I went with white there because the small details will be silver and will match my mask a bit better. Plus, leg channel color and you could have a separate order for a vapor glove/blocker with the UltraSonic graphic package, which was impossible last year. Old times could even go with leather straps 😂

3 hours ago, maxtm30 said:

I agree, but most of the companies that offer 10-12 color zones on the face end up making the same graphic for most people, typically 3-4 "bloc zones". Even with those options, I'd probably end up with a similar design.

This graphic is the most detailed they have made available as stock since their digital print era started. May not have 25 color zones but the graphic is clean and effective. Plus, that zone 2 has really nice details. I went with white there because the small details will be silver and will match my mask a bit better. Plus, leg channel color and you could have a separate order for a vapor glove/blocker with the UltraSonic graphic package, which was impossible last year. Old times could even go with leather straps 😂

Yeah, don't get me wrong, my "ugh" wasn't like "this is horrible and I hate it" but more like they are sooo close to something that could be pretty sweet.  I really like your colour combo, but it feels like you need 3 colours to really make it pop.  Just 1 or 2 more zones and I feel like I could play around a lot more with it.

Realistically though, if we look at the releases of each line since 1S, there's a little more towards custom options being added each year.  I honestly wasn't expecting them to be making their professor strap (TuneFit Connect I guess is the name) available in the customizer this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keeperton said:

From at least 2S and forward the durability has been completely fine.

Agree with that statement, Cortech ST was the game changer for their durability. And what I have heard the top welting is odd looking because it prevents “wrinkle” that some of their pads get in the upper corners.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if this is the final version of the customizer?  It seems that it has changed some since it was first released (i.e. kneeblock options are gone).  Also was curious to see if the back of the glove/blocker could be colored as well (as Crawford had with his brief Bauer stint)?

6 hours ago, Snowman30 said:

https://www.thehockeyshop.com/blogs/goalie-gear-reviews/bauer-ultrasonic-leg-pad-first-look-review

Hockey Shop posted a up a review and so,e more detailed pictures about the pads, gloves will be posted later.

That cleared up a question I had about the knee block. Was wondering how it was integrated to the pad. Like a plug straight into the pad, or if it was like if you carved the whole pad from one piece of foam :P

So it's like an L shaped piece that would be plugged into the core from the inside edge of the pad I guess? Seems pretty solid. 

1 hour ago, JonMorris67 said:

Has anyone heard anything about what the step down from the pro will be like?  I love the look of these pads and the features I’ve heard about, but wonder what the translation for your average Beer-Leaguer will be.  Like the Supreme 2S to the S29

Expect a new type of Marketing for the 3rd price point in Goalie Equipment ;).