Ultra Sonic - Bauer Supreme 2020 Line

TheGoalNet

@ThatCarGuy where'd you snag that image from?  Reimer's practice pics and this look like they have more of a tunefit strapping setup.  Although Remier has a professor strap and no visible other strap other than the standard one to close the leg channel and the knee cradle down to the calf.  Wonder if or how different the internal strapping is?  I felt like they were on to something with that neoprene calf wrap sling for fit and response, but it never sat quite in the right spot and the rest of the Supreme strapping was too complicated.

9 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

@ThatCarGuy where'd you snag that image from?  Reimer's practice pics and this look like they have more of a tunefit strapping setup.  Although Remier has a professor strap and no visible other strap other than the standard one to close the leg channel and the knee cradle down to the calf.  Wonder if or how different the internal strapping is?  I felt like they were on to something with that neoprene calf wrap sling for fit and response, but it never sat quite in the right spot and the rest of the Supreme strapping was too complicated.

GoalieGearNerd on instagram. No other clear pictures or info on the strapping aside from the above picture.

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Anyone else feel like the new highly touted lines of the Axis and ULTRASONIC SUPREME WITH CHEESE  pads are just slight improvements instead of these "revolutionary" changes every goalie social media account is claiming?

For sure!  Lots of people buy into the hype though.  To me, it seems like these new pads are becoming cheaper (both in materials and looks).  Yet the price tag is super high.  The companies and gear influencers argue "the cost of R&D, etc."  The reality is, these companies have found a way to manufacture a super inexpensive pad and market it as high end/ quality.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Hockeygoalie111 said:

For sure!  Lots of people buy into the hype though.  To me, it seems like these new pads are becoming cheaper (both in materials and looks).  Yet the price tag is super high.  The companies and gear influencers argue "the cost of R&D, etc."  The reality is, these companies have found a way to manufacture a super inexpensive pad and market it as high end/ quality.  

You better believe it!

1 hour ago, Hockeygoalie111 said:

That's really just speculation on your part though, isn't it? We don't really know how much R&D went into these things, what the tooling costs were for all three generations, and what the margin is on these pads. 

• Like 1