Jump to content

Ultra Sonic - Bauer Supreme 2020 Line


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clearly it’s just the notch where they put the cameras

Bauer gear will last just as long as any other manufacturer.

Hey, though i'd show off what I'll order:

Posted Images

@coopaloop1234 Ultra Sonic pads, to me, has the most innovative new feature of the last 5-6 years. Gloves have a subtle tweak that fix everything that I don’t like about Bauer gloves 

Axis may not have any “first to market” features like Ultra Sonic, but it’s the first completely new line CCM has launched over the last 6 or 7 years? That also is a big deal.

if you follow goalie equipment, they’re both a very big story in different ways

if I don’t like something about the gear on the ice, I share it here or on YouTube 
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@coopaloop1234 Ultra Sonic pads, to me, has the most innovative new feature of the last 5-6 years. Gloves have a subtle tweak that fix everything that I don’t like about Bauer gloves 

Axis may not have any “first to market” features like Ultra Sonic, but it’s the first completely new line CCM has launched over the last 6 or 7 years? That also is a big deal.

I understand what you're saying, but it feels like the marketing behind both lines is a tad extreme.

Especially the axis line. It's great CCM is finally getting with the times, but all the goalie IG guys are salivating over it and it looks like a more modernized premier pad.

Which, really, isn't anything that exciting.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@coopaloop1234 Ultra Sonic pads, to me, has the most innovative new feature of the last 5-6 years. Gloves have a subtle tweak that fix everything that I don’t like about Bauer gloves 

Axis may not have any “first to market” features like Ultra Sonic, but it’s the first completely new line CCM has launched over the last 6 or 7 years? That also is a big deal.

if you follow goalie equipment, they’re both a very big story in different ways

if I don’t like something about the gear on the ice, I share it here or on YouTube 
 

What’s so different and innovative about Ultra Sonic line? Has anyone shared specifics yet? I haven't been on the forums in a while.☺️

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Pauly35or00 said:

What’s so different and innovative about Ultra Sonic line? Has anyone shared specifics yet? I haven't been on the forums in a while.☺️

Not certain about all the changes, but just judging from the leaked pics:

-New one piece knee block (kind of like how the old Vaughns were)

- New strapping system (or maybe options between CRS and TuneFit in custom?)
- Different core/stiffness options

Another assumption is that the blocker board will be thinner and the glove will close much easier.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm always curious about the differences between the 'PRO' and the 'SR' levels of pads lately.

Like, are the 'PRO' pads up-to-date with the latest and greatest, and the 'SR' are just last years (and models prior) leftovers or do they have the same materials in the core and the jacket and strapping just cheaper and made off-shore?

The whole "materials and engineering are better quality" doesn't exactly give me the info I want or deserve as a consumer if I'm dropping an additional 2k for a full custom if its just a graphic. Just my $0.02 as I'm sure someone has the answers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2019 at 10:34 AM, bunnyman666 said:

From what I understand, the bar is quite low as far as durability is concerned.

People like to jump on the legit original concerns of the 1S, but easily forget that the pros that used them used fewer sets in the NHL because of the quality of the internals. I think Dubnyk went from something like 4 sets to 2 sets, and Lundqvist they had to basically pry the demo set away from him to give him a new set. 

The original retail issues were legitimate, and the pros have EQM's to endlessly patch anything they need, but I think we're well past the concerns about general durability. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mroy31 said:

People like to jump on the legit original concerns of the 1S, but easily forget that the pros that used them used fewer sets in the NHL because of the quality of the internals. I think Dubnyk went from something like 4 sets to 2 sets, and Lundqvist they had to basically pry the demo set away from him to give him a new set. 

The original retail issues were legitimate, and the pros have EQM's to endlessly patch anything they need, but I think we're well past the concerns about general durability. 

If they even last twice as long, that is a huge jump in durability. And if everything got a lot better, then awesome! I know three people that repair gear and hate working on the originals.

I will never deny the game changing nature of the gear; I even own some in NOS condition.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

People like to jump on the legit original concerns of the 1S, but easily forget that the pros that used them used fewer sets in the NHL because of the quality of the internals. I think Dubnyk went from something like 4 sets to 2 sets, and Lundqvist they had to basically pry the demo set away from him to give him a new set. 

The original retail issues were legitimate, and the pros have EQM's to endlessly patch anything they need, but I think we're well past the concerns about general durability. 

my 2x set has some durability issues as well. Nothing compared to the 1s type stuff but it is more than fair to say Bauer has more issues than some other brands overall. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Telfo said:

my 2x set has some durability issues as well. Nothing compared to the 1s type stuff but it is more than fair to say Bauer has more issues than some other brands overall. 

Would it be fair to say they have performance in spades, but the durability still needs to be worked out? I know a Junior who was downsold the lower end pad because it had the good sliding stuff in the important places and good ol’ Jenpro everywhere else! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Would it be fair to say they have performance in spades, but the durability still needs to be worked out? I know a Junior who was downsold the lower end pad because it had the good sliding stuff in the important places and good ol’ Jenpro everywhere else! 

Yeah Bauer focuses on performance first and everything else second, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing at all

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Telfo said:

Yeah Bauer focuses on performance first and everything else second, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing at all

For some people, performance is important above all else. Durable car tyres for racing is an oxymoron. Just doesn’t happen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2019 at 4:55 PM, Aquilzz said:

Not certain about all the changes, but just judging from the leaked pics:

-New one piece knee block (kind of like how the old Vaughns were)

- New strapping system (or maybe options between CRS and TuneFit in custom?)
- Different core/stiffness options

Another assumption is that the blocker board will be thinner and the glove will close much easier.

That’s not the full story on the knee block... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2019 at 9:25 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

I understand what you're saying, but it feels like the marketing behind both lines is a tad extreme.

Especially the axis line. It's great CCM is finally getting with the times, but all the goalie IG guys are salivating over it and it looks like a more modernized premier pad.

Which, really, isn't anything that exciting.

Without being inside your head, and thank god im not 😮, I don’t know exactly what you mean by that 

I can say that it’s a challenge at times coming up with new stuff to post and new launches are always to discuss, share, and see what people think

I try not to say anything is the best because I feel it’s too subjective. Not sure if that helps? But trying to share insight on what stuff is done and why 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

That’s not the full story on the knee block... 

Oh that's exciting. The small leaks on the models this year have been killing me. Felt like we knew way more about upcoming gear at this point last year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2019 at 10:25 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Without being inside your head, and thank god im not 😮, I don’t know exactly what you mean by that 

I can say that it’s a challenge at times coming up with new stuff to post and new launches are always to discuss, share, and see what people think

I try not to say anything is the best because I feel it’s too subjective. Not sure if that helps? But trying to share insight on what stuff is done and why 

I think it's more the impression that the GGN's and GCN's give off about the new lines that make them seem as a larger version of an advertisement branch of each respective company instead of an actual review focused page.

I both understand why they do it the way they do and why it bugs me as much as it does.

Gear is expensive and acquiring all the newest and greatest before it releases to the public is a bonus that they're able to get. The caveat in that is that all of their impressions/reviews are heavily slanted towards avoiding mentioning anything remotely negative about a pad.

Hopefully that makes sense.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

  • Member Statistics

    1,390
    Total Members
    2,646
    Most Online
    DJKoolChris
    Newest Member
    DJKoolChris
    Joined

×
×
  • Create New...