Ultra Sonic - Bauer Supreme 2020 Line

TheGoalNet

58 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

DOWN WITH INNER ROLL PADS!!!

#OuterRollCrew

I’m siding with @coopaloop1234 on this one; that’s some weak-sauce modding, @SaveByRichter35.

I mean, wasn’t there a whole thread about this precise issue, fer fuck’s sake...?

Why, yes there was!

Only @Lucky Puckerwould quote himself to prove a point. :rofl:

I don't think the whole reverse rolls things is a precedent here. I'm pretty sure there was a call out to stop people from showing their bare feet in pics, but I still keep seeing pics with appendages that look they would only be at home inside ET's shoes

Edited by Colander
  • Haha 1

On 10/31/2020 at 12:35 PM, RedX said:

Perhaps I’m grasping at straws. But the UltraSonic still has the Supreme branding on it. 

The Hyperlite could still carry the Vapor branding as well. 

Looking at the blank face of gear as well leads me to believe I’m right. 

7AF12AED-FC7C-46D2-AD92-DC208D527F8E.jpeg

On 10/31/2020 at 11:13 AM, ThatCarGuy said:

You’re not stretching anything. The 2020 pad was the “Bauer Supreme Ultrasonic” so it would make sense that 2021 is “Bauer Vapor Hyperlite”

My biggest complaint about gear manufacturers in this era...

They've hired Japanese game show/anime&manga writers to name their gear

"Vaughn Velocity VE9 Pro Carbon"

"Warrior M1 Pro Plus"

Goku Dbz GIF - Goku Dbz PowerUp - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

I might be late on this one but, while navigating on Youtube, I came accross one of Hockey Reviews videos and there's this segment on the Bauer Ultra-sonic c/a and the arm system looks like a very close copy to the Kay model of the 80s. Was this intended or a happy coincidence?

Best Goalie Chest Protectors 2021 | Goalie Coaches

17 hours ago, RichMan said:

I might be late on this one but, while navigating on Youtube, I came accross one of Hockey Reviews videos and there's this segment on the Bauer Ultra-sonic c/a and the arm system looks like a very close copy to the Kay model of the 80s. Was this intended or a happy coincidence?

Best Goalie Chest Protectors 2021 | Goalie Coaches

That Kay reference is pretty difficult to understand for most people... just guessing

Have a pic to add context?

Do you mean the design, the colors, etc etc

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

That Kay reference is pretty difficult to understand for most people... just guessing

Have a pic to add context?

Do you mean the design, the colors, etc etc

Waiting on some pics to show/compare. Should be sometime today.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Maxpower29 said:

Love the bauer stuff but I just cannot get past the fact they dont make the high end stuff in Can/US anymore

Looks great though

I had this problem for a while too.

But lemme ask you this - if all pro grade equipment from the big 6 companies were only available at retail from offshore, would you stop playing?

If you answered no, then you obviously love this game enough to look past that. You would do well to recognize that pro gear coming from other countries is made fantastic. You're missing out.

1 hour ago, Vogilny#25 said:

Yes 😊👍🏻

I don't know why but the bauer ultrasonic catcher is really unpopular.. in NHL I think, only Vasilevsky, Logan Thompson and Jake Oettinger have it ... almost all ultrasonic set I see is with a 2x or hyperlite or even a 2s like Daniel Vladar last night with Boston  and on all other leagues is the same .. 

Edited by Many

On 3/16/2021 at 2:10 PM, ULTIMA said:

But lemme ask you this - if all pro grade equipment from the big 6 companies were only available at retail from offshore, would you stop playing?

If you answered no, then you obviously love this game enough to look past that. You would do well to recognize that pro gear coming from other countries is made fantastic. You're missing out.

I just think if you are able to afford it you should always try to buy NA made. Still have Bauer stuff as player gear. But overall it's what i like to live by 

On 3/16/2021 at 10:10 AM, ULTIMA said:

If I had no choice, then sure. I do have a choice though, so I try to support not outsourcing as much as I can.

With that said, I am a little sad about it because I do think Bauer is making the absolute best product when it all comes together, but at the price point and the context I feel incredibly uncomfortable putting my money towards that sort of business practice. I still have 2X skates and a 960 though (thinking of getting a Coveted for my next mask).

I am not bashing their gear. It's amazing, I can't wait to see a Hyperlite set in person.

• Like 1