Show Off Your Action Photos

SaveByRichter35

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here are some shots of me in goal helping out my temmates who coach a local 8u team. They had a coaches vs. kids game and chose me for their goalie.  Amazingly fun time.  It was interesting trying to balance saves and goals.  I didn't let them score for a while because I figured I had to establish my credibility first before letting them destroy it, haha.  Good times. 

image000001.jpg

image000002.jpg

image000000.jpg

image000000(1).jpg

• Like 11

On 1/17/2022 at 1:50 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

We’re over 20 games into the season and this weekend was my first time dressing for a home game. It’s been a rough year since I’ve only played 10 minutes. Anyways we had an actual photographer come out

F9E74FF6-0CB4-4B92-BA5A-18DDC33B7401.thumb.jpeg.fe49eeb4f7a6d0604455d9f921854d8d.jpeg

D295DF40-2E4B-46B8-B82A-3250A684BF5E.thumb.jpeg.dd70b422ef1252c168e3b1bd652172c6.jpeg

4A6F53AA-8BD4-48BF-B7EF-115EAEBE674C.thumb.jpeg.01ac476950ac434edce31d3fdb151ccf.jpeg

53500729-EA6F-4C4A-9489-1E99F6800B11.thumb.jpeg.675ca545ac69ea18eaa9989d994e59c6.jpeg

D2439FDB-9573-42FC-9E4A-3844DFB9455E.thumb.jpeg.c7bdf0a1d7fddfa013289e8da65f503a.jpeg

All pictures are just of warmups because I didn’t play. 

Bucket looks great! What make/model is that?

6 hours ago, seagoal said:

Here are some shots of me in goal helping out my temmates who coach a local 8u team. They had a coaches vs. kids game and chose me for their goalie.  Amazingly fun time.  It was interesting trying to balance saves and goals.  I didn't let them score for a while because I figured I had to establish my credibility first before letting them destroy it, haha.  Good times. 

image000001.jpg

image000002.jpg

image000000.jpg

image000000(1).jpg

That’s great stuff buddy! Looks like a ton of fun. Do you usually play a that deep - or was that to manage the saves/goals…? Lol!

I’ve been mulling over doing a players-parents/siblings game with my son’s U11 team (lots of $$ due to tournaments being canceled, so we’ll be renting ice instead). I’m really on the fence about whether I go in as goalie or not. Maybe it doesn’t matter, but as Head coach I’m concerned that I need to be the referee more than a player…? 
Did you find that the kids enjoyed shooting against an adult goalie? If they seemed to love it, that would sway me I think. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated !

Did you find that the kids enjoyed shooting against an adult goalie? If they seemed to love it, that would sway me I think. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated !

I used to play goal with my sons' teams, an annual Players Vs Parents game. We did this until the kids were 10 years old. After that age it became too competitive.

I would dress with the children's team and keep this light and fun. One year I grabbed a roll of white tape and made everyone a Captain, big C taped to their jerseys. The children shot on their own goalie whilst the parents fired on me.

In the warm up I would "coach" each of the kids to try real hard to score on me, even allowing them to come at me two on one. I felt that it would be inappropriate for me to shower post game so I had a bit of hockey aura about me at the post game pizza party at the rink.

I still receive positive comments from the players, now in their 40's, about what a great memory it was to play against their Moms and Dads with a 'real" goalie in the nets.

Here is a photo from one of those games. My older son joined his brother’s team for the event.

3E292193-1740-479A-A1A2-F61B6312BD24.jpeg

Edited by Wonder35
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

That’s great stuff buddy! Looks like a ton of fun. Do you usually play a that deep - or was that to manage the saves/goals…? Lol!

I’ve been mulling over doing a players-parents/siblings game with my son’s U11 team (lots of $$ due to tournaments being canceled, so we’ll be renting ice instead). I’m really on the fence about whether I go in as goalie or not. Maybe it doesn’t matter, but as Head coach I’m concerned that I need to be the referee more than a player…? 

For sure, they loved it and they all had a blast. When I first got in net they couldn't line up fast enough and of course the chaos of 8 year old hockey players ensued...they  don't have great goalie etiquette, haha.  They really enjoyed pouncing on rebounds that I would give them.  I figured it was better for them to learn about paying attention to rebounds than it would be for me to let in goals that are too soft and obvious. 

There was this one kid who legit sniped me: I had gone down in a 2 pad stack and he actually looked up, loaded, and sniped a shot bar down and in.  He got a huge pop from everyone on that because he (really) beat the adult goalie, haha. It was awesome. The tough part for me was having them shoot into me when I wanted to let one in.  Most of them were not looking up yet so I ended up making more saves than I wanted to. But all in all I would say they all really enjoyed it.

I had a customer who requested my photography services here in Montréal, Qc for a private action photoshoot.

He just had his new gear from Lefevre to match his team colors. Very nice kit here. 

Here are a few photos. (Has to shoot through the glass. Click on photo for better resolution)

_R6_2815.jpg

_R6_2916.jpg

_R6_3133.jpg

_R6_3139.jpg

• Like 6

22 hours ago, HellCrow said:

I had a customer who requested my photography services here in Montréal, Qc for a private action photoshoot.

He just had his new gear from Lefevre to match his team colors. Very nice kit here. 

Here are a few photos. (Has to shoot through the glass. Click on photo for better resolution)

_R6_2815.jpg

_R6_2916.jpg

_R6_3133.jpg

_R6_3139.jpg

Nice pics. What kind of camera and lens are you using? I got a Pentax K1 and a 80-200 2.8 lens. 

On 3/14/2022 at 3:13 PM, HellCrow said:

_R6_2815.jpg

_R6_2916.jpg

_R6_3133.jpg

_R6_3139.jpg

Was this for the Beer League festival?