Show Off Your Action Photos

SaveByRichter35

I feel like some of these coaches speak in word salads, just a bunch of fancy words in some sort of order that sounds important. Or is that just how Canadians talk?😎

I'm not saying it's bad. I just think some coaches get a little too into character. Plus, say everything loud and forcefully! 

The biggest thing I noticed was how big Demko was compared to Clark. Time and time again I'm reminded of how the goalie used to be the shortest guy out there and is now often the tallest guy out there. Clark = lowercase goalie; DEMKO = UPPERCASE GOALIE!

This guy is definitely not my favorite goalie coach since none of what he does is his own material. He constantly borrows from Clark and Dahan. Plus very little of what he says makes since but this does. If you want to integrate knee shuffles into your game it’s best to not use more than two knee shuffles in a row because then it’s just way slower than pushing the same distance. If you think I ramble this guy’s on another level

This coach is @thehockeycoatx on insta if you guys are interested. 

Edited by ThatCarGuy

3 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

This guy is definitely not my favorite goalie coach since none of what he does is his own material. He constantly borrows from Clark and Dahan. Plus very little of what he says makes since but this does. If you want to integrate knee shuffles into your game it’s best to not use more than two knee shuffles in a row because then it’s just way slower than pushing the same distance. If you think I ramble this guy’s on another level

You overestimate my fitness level

• Haha 1

On 10/15/2022 at 1:16 AM, Chenner29 said:

Is it just me or did the knee shuffle disappear for a bit?

Seems like it has come back again, probably due to the Demko/Clark coaching session.  It’s kind of become a meme? 

This video is GOLD!!I didn't know Ian was that short. Liked like a kid when doing the screen/bump drills :D . I love the intricate details he throws at him. It's like he's in my brain for how I try to coach the position. If only I could play as Demko lollll. The old school flip stretch saves is sooooo beer league material, I love it!

On 10/15/2022 at 2:14 AM, WillyGrips13 said:

I feel like some of these coaches speak in word salads, just a bunch of fancy words in some sort of order that sounds important. Or is that just how Canadians talk?😎

I'm not saying it's bad. I just think some coaches get a little too into character. Plus, say everything loud and forcefully! 

The biggest thing I noticed was how big Demko was compared to Clark. Time and time again I'm reminded of how the goalie used to be the shortest guy out there and is now often the tallest guy out there. Clark = lowercase goalie; DEMKO = UPPERCASE GOALIE!

LMAO!!! You should read his articles in the Goalie News if you haven't. Even with pictures to help you kinda got lost in the translation of things. No it's not just a Canadian thing ;) 

I think he was shouting because of the shooters at the other end making a ruckus. I do the same thing. It's amazing and friggin annoying how everything echos and drowns you out when trying to explains things. I often got off the ice with a horse throat.

On 10/15/2022 at 8:34 AM, ThatCarGuy said:

When a guy is just a tad to far for the poke check but is still under pressure and can only move so far, those knee shuffles with a grounded stick blade will save your 5-hole much more than a pick and slide. Once you commit, you're open, where is with the latter, you have everything ready to react for whatever.

My opinion and experience.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Wait a minute. How can you go to both a Penguins camp and a Flyers camp? Are you a spy for one of them? Or are you a double agent? A man of intrigue. 

Haha.  Die hard Flyers fan for 50 years (hence the Bernie Parent '74-'75 tribute mask). 

Wife is from Pittsburgh.  The Lemieux Camp supports the Lemieux Foundation cancer research/cancer care efforts.  It also does not suck to have Paul Coffey and Chris Chelios as my defensemen...

(Please, DO NOT tell my Flyers brethren that I DO NOT hate the Penguins.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, FIFTY-SIX said:

Haha.  Die hard Flyers fan for 50 years (hence the Bernie Parent '74-'75 tribute mask). 

Wife is from Pittsburgh.  The Lemieux Camp supports the Lemieux Foundation cancer research/cancer care efforts.  It also does not suck to have Paul Coffey and Chris Chelios as my defensemen...

(Please, DO NOT tell my Flyers brethren that I DO NOT hate the Penguins.)

Always a joy seeing that mask. Parent, Lindbergh, Hextall; the reasons for Flyers being my no. 2 team. So far, better than the Sharks! So good job really!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2022 at 5:20 PM, Nohtaram said:

Couple pics from first real game this season. Home team had some pro photographer so photos are 🔥

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

These are good shots, pretty much what I produce on private shoots like this. Except I dont crop my photos :P

Congrats, it makes nice photos for you in action :)

Edited by HellCrow
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

To all of you 70+ goaltenders out there ............. (crickets)

Warmups

All you truly need are some soft muffins into your pads, gloves and upper body (no headshots allowed).*

* This is provided that you have spent at least 20 minutes of proper stretching before donning your gear, followed by another set of on ice exercises, to be sure that all gear is in place and comfortable.

And this is what it looks like.

It ain't pretty.  I save all that other movement stuff for the game. These joints of mine have a limited number of down/ups over a 90 minute session.

Everyone on the ice for our thrice weekly games is over 70, with a handful 80+. The kids emerges from everyone. We're still playing the game of our youths ....................🏒

Edited by Wonder35
Spelling
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Wonder35 said:

To all of you 70+ goaltenders out there ............. (crickets)

Warmups

All you truly need are some soft muffins into your pads, gloves and upper body (no headshots allowed).*

* This is provided that you have spent at least 20 minutes of proper stretching before donning your gear, followed by another set of on ice exercises, to be sure that all gear is in place and comfortable.

And this is what it looks like.

It ain't pretty.  I save all that other movement stuff for the game. These joints of mine have a limited number of down/ups over a 90 minute session.

Everyone on the ice for our thrice weekly games are over 70, with a handful 80+. The kids emerges from everyone. We're still playing the game of our youths ....................🏒

Video-2.mov 2.81 MB · 1 download

Wonder:  You continue to be one of my Spirit Goalies...

I will be 59 years old in a month.  Currently playing A/B/C levels in the MidAtlantic-USA. One hip replaced.  Two right shoulder rebuilds.

My last two games, I had 2 shutouts.  Sadly, this just feeds my addiction and postpones the inevitable...

Letting go is very hard...

To your point regarding warm-ups:  I could not agree more!  Hit me with pucks!  Pucks in my hands!  Your "slower than molasses" shoot out moves are embarrassing...

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

3rd game with my new 18U AA team.
Sitting at 0-3-0 113SA and .938sv%. Loving this league 

ED2E8DC0-84B5-45DE-B7C4-DECFB35644F3.thumb.jpeg.1544c36ae6f1f65b8fe7415c5d8fabb1.jpeg
Bit of advice as well if anyones younger than me on here, play levels you know you can dominate. You’ll get more looks than trying to play up and getting no game time. Made that mistake 2.5 years in a row and ended up with only 8 games to show in that time

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Like 1